Homebrewed Advantages / Disadvantages

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Hi guys...here's a list of Advantages/Disadvantages. Some of them were taken and/or slightly modified from an unofficial spanish supplement (ComplementoD10) that can be found on the Internet. Others were personally created. I hope you find some interesting imputs in here and also provide me with some feedback.

COMMON ADVANTAGES:

Eye of Linx
Double Aiming Bonus for ranged attacks.
1CP

Natural Technique
The character is able to use a Ki Technique without using ki once every 1 minute unless he spends 1 Fatigue point for each use following the first. The innate technique must have a MK cost no higher than 20 and can have effects up to Level 1 techniques. Spending  additional CPs on this advantages rises the technique’s max MK cost to 40 and 60 and allows choosing Level 2 and 3 effects respectivey.
LIMITS: Innate Techniques cannot have the Combinable, Mantained, and Sustained perks. The Innate Technique does not count toward learning ki techniques.
1, 2, 3 CP

Natural Spell
The character is able to use a Spell without using Zeon once every 1 minute unless he spends 1 Fatigue point for each use following the first. The innate spell must have a ML no higher than 20 and is cast at Base Casting Level. Spending  additional CPs on this advantages rises the spell’s max ML to 40 and 60 and rises it’s Casting Level to Intermediate and Advanced respectivey. If the character has Magic Projection use that for the Innate Spell, if required. Otherwise the spell is cast as if using the Magic Projection as Attack or Magic Projection as Defense Modules.
LIMITS: Innate Spells cannot be Mantained.
1, 2, 3 CP

Superior Natural Ability
The character doubles his base characteristic bonus to all Secondary Abilities in a particular Field.
1CP

Beautiful
+1 Aspect.
NOTE: Can be bought more than once, up to Aspect 10.
1CP

Supernatural Nature
+5 Base MA and +150Zeon. Spending an additional CP gives +10MA and +300Zeon.
1, 2 CP

Hybrid
Add a single special rule of a Nephilim for each CP spent.
LIMIT: Powers from the Vetala Nephilim list cannot be chosen. (If you're using any homebrewed race, you can freely choose which can mate with others and which cannot, as for mine Ah Chiinches and Homunculi cannot definitely give birth to hybrids and probably the same goes for Fafnr, while Dvergr can freely mate with other humanoids)
1, 2, 3 CP

Great Speaker
+30 Leadership and Persuasion if allowed to speak. +3 to Intelligence and Power check related to social relations, when allowed to speak.
1CP

Lord of The Beasts
The character gains +5 to all his summoning abilities per level. Spending an additional CP increases the bonus to +10 per level.
2, 3CP

Class Master
The character gains a +10 bonus per level to a secondary ability with a Class Bonus for his current Class. Spending additional CPs allows adding a +10 bonus per level to one or two additional secondary abilities with a Class Bonus for the current Class, but a character cannot add more than a +10 bonus per level to a single secondary ability due to this advantage.
1, 2, 3CP

Animal Companion
The character begins the game with an extremely faithful animal servant. It must be a natural Level 0 animal. Spending additional 1-2 CPs allows to rise the level of the animal to 1 and 2 respectively.
1, 2, 3CP

Henchman
This character begins the game with a relatively faithful henchman. It must be a Level 0 sample character without The Gift from either Core Exxet or Gaia. Spending additional CPs on this advantages allows you to choose between getting an additional Henchman with the same limitations, raise the starting level of one of your henchmen by 1 and/or allowing the henchman to have The Gift.
1, 2, 3CP

Professional
+25 to a single secondary ability. Spending additional CPs raises the bonus to +45 and +60.
1, 2, 3CP

Great Love
+20 to all actions to protect or encounter the Great Love or if they fight together. -10 All Action penalty for 2d10 months if the Great Love is dead. On a 19-20, the penalty is permanent.
1CP

ADVANTAGES FOR CHARACTERS WITH THE GIFT:

Imperceptible Magic
+25 Magic Appraisal to occult Magic. Spending additional CPs grants +45 and +60.
1, 2, 3CP

COMMON DISADVANTAGES:

Nightmares
Each night, the character rolls a d10. On a 6+ he suffers a -2 Max Fatigue cumulative penalty until he rests for one night. To gain an additional CP from this disadvantage, when rolling a 8+ for the night, the character suffers a -20 all action penalty as well. Penalties caused by this disadvantage directly or through Fatigue Loss cannot be nullified or reduced by any mean.
2CP

Blocked Growth
Characteristics of this character cannot be incremented beyond their starting value by any mean.
2CP

Limited Magic Energy
Double the cost for acquiring 5 Zeon points and halve any Class bonus to Zeon.
LIMIT: Only characters from the Mystic Archetype can acquire this disadvantage.
1CP

BLOOD BONDS:

CROW:
You were processed by Wissenshaft to become a Crow.
You are considered to have Access to Natural Psychic Power (see Advantage) and may use your Psychic Power at Difficult Level. You may buy up to 40DP of Advantages from the Essential Abilities from Creation of Beings as if you were a natural being with Gnosis 10, except for The Gift and Access to Psychic Disciplines. Each additional point spent rises difficulty level for your Natural Psychic Power as normal, gives you extra 40DP to spend in Essential Abilities, and rises the Gnosis used for buying abilities by 5 up to 20. The advantage does not modify the actual Gnosis of the character.
COST: 1-7. (1-3 for Players)
LIMITS: You are Addict to the Black Fluid. You can’t buy Addict disadvantage a second time. Each additional point spent adds an extra -5 penalty per day without the Black Fluid and 50 to the maximum penalty amount. You are considered as 1 Level higher when calculating experience needed for Level-Up. If you don’t have the Contacts or Powerful Ally (Wissenshaft) advantage, it’s assumed you’re a rogue from the Organization and MUST buy the Powerful Enemy (Wissenshaft) Disadvantage.

PROCESSED (not for players):
You are completely processed by Wissenshaft.
You have Gnosis 35 but  no Elemental Control, Influence Reality and Presence abilities. You have a Natural Psychic Power with Zen Level which can be maintained at Absurd Level. You have Zen and Acute Senses. You have 17 points to distribute among your characteristics. These bonuses include the 150DP given by Gnosis 35.
COST: 9.
LIMITS: You are considered as 4 Levels higher when calculating experience needed for Level-Up. If you don’t have the Contacts or Powerful Ally (Wissenshaft) advantage, it’s assumed you’re a rogue from the Organization and are automatically considered to have the Powerful Enemy (Wissenshaft) Disadvantage without gaining any point. Also, consider that your capture/destruction will be an absolute priority for the Wissenshaft. If takes Addiction, must treat it as addiction to Black Fluid with -55 penalty for each day without it and -550 maximum penalty.

SUPERIOR WARLORD KAMI’S BLOOD
Your Kami’s Blood is stronger than normal.
Works exactly as for Warlord Kami’s Blood, but the cost to activate the ability increases to 2 and 3 Ki points per turn, respectively. The quality bonus awarded to the chosen weapon goes up to +10 and +15 respectively (with the usual +25 quality limit) and the character gains +2 and +3 Accumulations respectively which he may distribute as he determines at character’s creation.
COST: 2-3.

ONI’S BLOOD
One of your ancestors dealt a pact or mingled with an Oni. This grants you supernatural physical capabilities as well as their elemental affinity.
The character is considered as being Inhuman and is considered as having the advantage Night Vision. Also, the character benefits from a fixed bonus +25PhR and gains a bonus of +30 Life Points. If the character develops the Ki Ability Aura Extension he automatically gains either Fire or Electricity Elemental Attack and if he develops the Elimination of Necessities ability he automatically gains the Elemental Immunity to the either Fire or Electricity. Note that the element chosen for the attack and for the Immunity must be the same. Additional CPs spent on this advantage raise the bonus to PhR to +40 and +60 and the Life Points bonus to +60 and +90 respectively.
COST: 1-3.

DJINN’S BLOOD
Someone in your ancestry has crossed with a Djinn and you inherited powers due to the union. Not only they gain the Gift but also a natural proficiency in all disciplines Djinns excel in. Those who descend from greater Djinns have even greater powers and some say they even have a limited ability to control destiny and chaos.
Characters with Djinn’s Blood automatically have The Gift as well as they have 10 points of free Magical Knowledge in the paths of Creation, Illusion and Fire and a +10 to their final MA when accumulating Zeon to cast spells from the aforementioned Paths. Characters who spent 3CP on this advantage have access to High Magic in Creation, Illusion and Fire Magic as if they had Gnosis 25+, although they won’t have access to Subpath or Free Access Spells over Level 80. Also once per turn they may raise by 6 points the chances of fumble of an attack directed right at them.
COST: 2-3.

DEMON’S BLOOD
You inherited blood from a Demon or from someone who dealt some kind of pact with a Demon and are therefore gifted with unusual gifts, although sacred powers will recognize the evil inside of you and smite it.
Character’s with this advantage are affected by the Sacred as for Demons of the Fourth Hierarchy. Those with Demon’s Blood can choose 2 special rules from the following list. Spending additional CPs will increase the amount of special rules acquired by 1 for each CP spent and will give access to some special rules.
Demonic Affinity: When attempting a Summon, Control, Bind or Banish roll against a demon, the character has a bonus of +80 to his roll. Also, the character gains a +80 roll on any Social check involving dealing with Demons.
Elementality: The character becomes an Elemental Being with all that comports. You cannot choose Light as his Element.
Inhumanity: The character is Inhuman with all that comports.
Infernal Eyes: The character is able to see Magic and Spiritual Beings.
Heartless Monster: The character no longer has any vulnerable point and cannot be instantly killed due to the amputation effect of critical hits directed to his Heart or Head. The character must have spent at least 2CP on this advantage in order to gain this special rule.
Unlimited Power Source: The character automatically regenerates 10 Zeon Points or 1 Ki point per turn, unless he’s in a sacred place or a place strongly charged with positive energy. The character must have spent at least 3CP on this advantage in order to gain this special rule. Also, choosing this advantage increases by +1 the Level modifier of this character.
COST: 1-3.

LIM SIDHE’S BLOOD
You’ve inherited not just blood but also a piece of soul from one of those great men (or humanoids) whose death brought to a new state as Lim Sidhe, called Incarnations by most summoners. Hence you can naturally synchronize yourself with the ancestor, unleashing his power without the help of any summoning knowledge.
When choosing this Advantage, also choose a specific Incarnation. The character can synchronize with the opportune entity once per day for a number of turns that cannot exceed 5, without requiring a summoning roll or a Zeon expenditure. Anyway, the character must still be of the right level in order to perform a synchronization of a certain Affinity Level.
COST: 2.
LIMIT: Arturia, The White Lion cannot be chosen when taking this advantage, due to the obvious reason that there’ no way the character is actually its descendant.

The Processed / Crow stuff were designed for NPCs, but I decided a character might choose to be a low level crow from Wissenshaft.

#2 Maelstrom

Maelstrom

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

Elric of Melniboné said:

Beautiful
+1 Aspect.
NOTE: Can be bought more than once, up to Aspect 10.
1CP
What is aspect? Is this meant to be "Appearance"?

My Play-By-Post Forums -- The Storm Watch

#3 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

Yeah, that would be appearance...It was effect of bad, bad distraction.

#4 Lia Valenth

Lia Valenth

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

Elric of Melniboné said:

Supernatural Nature
+5 Base MA and +150Zeon. Spending an additional CP gives +10MA and +300Zeon.
1, 2 CP

Great Love
+20 to all actions to protect or encounter the Great Love or if they fight together. -10 All Action penalty for 2d10 months if the Great Love is dead. On a 19-20, the penalty is permanent.
1CP

COMMON DISADVANTAGES:

Nightmares
Each night, the character rolls a d10. On a 6+ he suffers a -2 Max Fatigue cumulative penalty until he rests for one night. To gain an additional CP from this disadvantage, when rolling a 8+ for the night, the character suffers a -20 all action penalty as well. Penalties caused by this disadvantage directly or through Fatigue Loss cannot be nullified or reduced by any mean.
2CP

I like most of these (at least from reading them). However the ones above I have something to say about...

First Supernatural Nature grants +5 Base MA for 1cp, and +10 for 2CP. This seems extremely powerful, first because I do not believe any other advantage grants a bonus to Base MA at all, and second because this would be the third advantage every Wizard must take. To Explain, granting +5/+10 base MA (and +150/+300Zeon) is better than gaining 3 to 5 POW. This is not completely accurate, but if a character has 10 POW (about what a Wizard should start with) at 13 POW he gains +5 Base MA and at 15 POW he gains the next +5, not to mention he does not gain 300Zeon (it's closer to 100). Effectively for 2CP you do the same thing spending 5CP would do.

Great Love: What if you resurrect the Great Love (Unlikely but possible)? Do you still take the -10 for failing them, or does it go away?

Nightmares is more of a question when combined with magic: What happens if a wizard casts a spell to make it so you can not dream, or only have good dreams, or just do not sleep? (This is also my problem with Blind, Deaf, etc. what do you do if a wizard heals them?)

#5 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:56 AM

Lia Valenth said:

Nightmares is more of a question when combined with magic: What happens if a wizard casts a spell to make it so you can not dream, or only have good dreams, or just do not sleep? (This is also my problem with Blind, Deaf, etc. what do you do if a wizard heals them?)

There is one house rule, which are used by all of my groups in all systems: A disadvantage can't be "healed", except you can buy it off.

For example: If your group uses the rules for "Non-Restriceted Creation Points", you can only heal "deafness" if you pay the Creation/Charateristic Point at the moment of healing or before.

But like said, it is a house rule, which comes from the thinking "If you don't like your disadvantage, then never take it" (I think, disadvantages are "character traits", which are part of the characters personality).

So long,

#6 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

Disadvantages are always to be considered strong natural/supernatural effects. A blind character might not only lack eyes, but could as well have not developed all that part of the brain related to sight. The same goes with a deaf character. Nightmare here is considered as a strong kind of supernatural curse that Light/Darkness magic or low level Erebus Elan abilities cannot overcome. I agree that disadvantages should be taken out only by the expense of CPs, and through achieving great specific quests (which would award CPs anyway, at least for my group), that allow a character to OVERCOME what is one of his strong natural flaws.

If one of my characters wants to erase one of his flaws (say Nightmare) I would allow him enter a quest to do so. The award for this quest would be 2CP, the character will spend his 2CPs to overcome the Disadvantage, while other characters shall be allowed to spend their CPs in any way they see fit (unless I decide that for that particular quest, it would be "fit" for them to spend the 2CPs in a certain way).

The same goes for finding an Artifact or becoming extra rich or attaining a social status. Somehow these are "quest achieved CPs" that I keep the count of during my campaigns. On the other hand, players might gain "negative CPs", for example attaining new Powerful Enemies as the story progresses or becoming Pariahs or loosing a Limb.

I like rewarding good players and punishing bad ones also by allowing them to earn positive/negative CPs by their actions.

Anyway, just like you cannot overcome an Addiction by Use of Necessary Energy, you cannot overcome Nightmare by mere use of magic. Of course a character with 100% Synchrony with Erebus, the Demiurge, might be able to solve such problem, but then again, obtaining 100% Elan with any Shajad/Beril is PER SE a very long and difficult quest, even when you're starting with a strong 60% syncronization.

Supernatural Nature is pretty strong, I know. But I believe Mages already have quite some problems getting their Zeon Accumulation high enough to be effective, so I don't see much problems with balancing in my campaigns. Yes, it's a strong, almost must-have, advantage, but mages (and summoners) already have a lot of cool options, so it's not that easy choice. It's pretty strong, I admit it, and this is also the reason why there's no 3CP version of this advantage. The fact is I didn't want to see al mages/summoners starting with Pow12 or 3CP Erebus Elan just to make them work.

I'd say that resurrecting the Great Love would do the trick...the problem is when your Great Love is dead...if it's back, all the better. Besides we're talking about something that in Anima Setting is almost impossible and could at best be the aim of a VERY HARD quest.

#7 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:34 AM

A few more Blood Bonds came out.

The first is with a Metal Aeon I wanted to create.

The second is about Romeo Exxet's special ability (extended to the possibility of having a Shajad counterpart).

After that is actually Ophiel's special advantage.

Then are 4 Beril/Shajad not-so-unlikely pairings and what they would bring to a mortal soul.

KSHATHRA’S BLOOD
The Metal Aeon, Kshathra has manifested himself only during the Devah war, during which it was summoned. Nevertheless he dealt pacts with several mortals during that time, thus leaving the legacy of the Metal Bearers. Such individuals seem to develop a special link to all and any metal object, especially weapons and tend to develop incredible endurance to physical damage, while the metal objects they possess seem to be affected as well, being made stronger by the contact with their soul. Unfortunately the soul of Metal Bearers is so entwined with the use of metal, that their minds seem completely incapable of learning how to fight unarmed efficiently. Those with Kshathra’s blood are often born with grey hair with silver reflexes and grey eyes.
Metal Link: A character with Kshathra’s Blood can never be disarmed of his metal objects. As far as the character has the Aura Extension ability, all his metal objects will have a +10 Fortitude bonus, all his metal weapons will benefit from a +10 Damage bonus, and all his metal armors will have a +1AT bonus against all attack types except for Electricity.
Metal Body: If a character with Kshathra’s Blood is ever benefitting from a Damage Barrier effect, he increases the Damage Barrier value by +20% (round down in discrete of 5). Also the character with Kshathra’s Blood reduces the Base Damage of attacks directed against him by -5 for each full 100 points of Damage Barrier possessed.
COST: 1.
LIMIT: Characters with Kshathra’s Blood cannot start with Unarmed fighting proficiency and cannot ever buy either Unarmed fighting proficiency or martial arts.

Also known as “Chosen of Light” or “Chosen of Darkness”, people who inherit a piece of the soul of those who achieve the status of Avatar of Berils or Shajads, are born with a strong destiny. Such individuals tend to develop since the earliest years a synchronization with each and any Beril/Shajad which was synchronized with their ancestors (in fact, some exceptional individuals are heirs to the Avatars of more than a single deity). It should be noted, that those with an Avatat’s Blood seem completely unable to synchronize with any entity, but that of his ancestor. Also, the individual gets a very strong elemental bound to either Light or Darkness, depending on his ancestors’ alignment and is respected by elementals of the same nature. Finally, such individuals’ attacks seem to possess an increased capacity to affect and even kill beings with greater Gnosis. As expected, when the blood of a an Avatar of a Beril mixes with that of an Avatar of a Shajad, the two bloodlines nullify each other. Also, characters that inherited the blood of Avatar from different entities of the same alignment, although benefitting from great favor from all of their patrons, seem unable to reach synchronization beyond a certain point. Those with Avatar’s Blood don’t have special features, but some “incredible aura” around them, except when they fully manifest their power, summoning impressive wings of either Light or Darkness, that allow them to fly.
Alignment: When a character chooses this Blood Bond, he or she must also take the Elan Advantage. The character may also take the Elan Advantage more than once, choosing e different Beril/Shajad each time, but the character cannot choose a mix of the two. The character can achieve more than 50% Elan synchronization with each and all the entities it has starting Elan with, but if more than a single Beril/Shajad is chosen, the maximum Elan that can be achieved with each and every entity is 80%.
Light/Darkness Nature: Depending on whether the character chose to have Elan with Berils or Shajads, he’s considered as having a total affinity toward Light or Darkness. All elementals of the same alignment of low or intermediate level will consider the character as a hierarchical superior and will have to surpass an MR check against a difficulty of 120 to ignore a direct order from him. The character also halves the damage he suffers from the chosen element, unless it’s caused by entities with a Gnosis 35 or higher.
Exterminator of  Gods: All attacks from a character with Avatar’s Blood against beings with Nature higher than 10 or Gnosis higher than 20 applies a special bonus of +50 to Base Damage. This ability affects any kinds of attack used by the character.
Seraph Wings: The character can, at will, manifest a pair of enormous Light or Darkness (depending on chosen Elan) wings, that allow him to move in air with a Flight value of 12. This ability can be kept active for up to 5 turns, after which an entire minute must pass, before the character is able again to make use of it.
LIMIT: The Level modifier for this Blood Bond is +2. If the Elan Advantage is bought more than once, the Level Modifier increments to +3. A character with this Blood Bond cannot earn any Elan with any deity it had no starting Elan with.

SHADOW CHILD
Sometimes, beings with an extremely strong link with Darkness are born due to the union of a mortal with Pandemonium’s Blood and a Darkness Elemental. Such beings gain an incredible control over Darkness and shadows. Anyway, only when using the Umbra Magnus, the greatest powers of Shadow Children are manifested. Strange enough, similar “special abilities” have not manifested so far in people born from similar unions with other elementals.
Shadow Dominion: The character has control over Darkness equivalent to the effects of Control Darkness spell (Darkness Lev.30) cast at Base Level. If the character focuses on darkness and does not make any other action in the same turn, the effects become those of the same spell cast at Intermediate Level. This ability has no cost for a Shadow Child.
Elemental Nature: The character ignores all Darkness based damage, caused by beings whose Gnosis is below 35, but he suffers double damage from Light based damage sources.
Superior Umbra: If the character develops the Umbra Magnus, he can use its powers without spending ki. If the character has The Gift, he can attack with shadows and accumulate zeon or cast spells from Darkness Path without reducing his MA or suffering a penalty for multiple actions.
Area Attack: As opposed to general rules of Umbra, a Shadow Child can make area attacks within a range up to 50m wide, but increasing the area of effect to such extent has a cost of 5 Ki points per Attack.
Shadow Weapons: By extending his powers over shadows, the Shadow Child can solidify darkness weapons (+0 Quality) and brandish them without penalty, as if he were proficient in their use.
Dark Enhancement: By spending each turn 2 Ki points or 20 Zeon points, the Shadow Child can increase the power of his attacks made through Umbra. By doing so, the shadows he commands are considered as +10 weapons, hence gaining the proportioned bonus to attack, block, damage, initiative and armor modifier.
LIMIT: Characters must have Pandemonium’s Blood in order to take this Blood Bond. The sum of the two Blood Bonds has a Level modifier +2. A character with Shadow Child Blood Bond can never have Sephira’s Blood.

AMENOTHEP’S BLOOD
Amenothep, first of the Enlightened Ones and first Pharaoh of Estigia, was much more than a mere mortal (or Ebudan, actually…). He was the first and by now the only mortal being to ever achieve an Avatar status of more than a deity and what’s even more incredible, a Beril and a Shajad: Barakiel and Jedah. Despite the two being in competition, they understood that bestowing their full blessing on a single individual would advance the goal of both: a perfectly ordered world, where rule would be unquestioned. Unfortunately for them, Amenothep fulfilled his Sue’Aman and choose to transcend mortality and become a Being Between Worlds and abandoning the mortal soil of Gaia. Now his legacy bears on the shoulders of his descendants (born of his union with a mortal human woman), Pharaohs of Estigia and a few bloodlines that in the course of time were established from illegitimate children of those. Such individuals have a natural synchrony (although it can vary with each individual’s experiences and behavior) with both Barakiel and Jedah, and seem completely unable to synchronize with other deities. The tremendous power of such individuals is manifested in their usually flawlessly perfect and solemn appearance that inspires awe at sight and in their innate ability to make extraordinary feats.
Law and Order: A character with this Blood Bond has a starting value of Elan 30 with both Barakiel and Jedah. The character can buy up to 1CP worth of Elan with any or both of them. Also, his Elan can get up to 100% with both Barakiel and Jedah (of course, depending on the deeds of the individual it can also get below 30).
Divine Power: Characters with Amenothep’s Blood can reach a result of Zen in any check they make and gain full bonus from characteristics over 10.
COST: 3.
LIMIT: Characters with Amenothep’s Blood can never gain Elan with anyone except for Barakiel and Jedah, regardless of their behavior.

ALI’S BLOOD
While Amenothep was raising to power, Uriel and Eriol perceived the menace to their influence on Gaia and felt the need to counteract in accordance. Stipulating some kind of pact, they choose a thief from Kushistan, simply known as Ali, as the bearer of their combined gifts. The acts of this thief were legendary and he went close to achieve Avatar status with both deities, but the process was stopped when two events changed this man’s destiny. First, Amenothep chose ascension and with his presence removed from the scenes of Gaia, Uriel and Eriol (whose very nature is quite volatile) lost interest in the young Ali. Second, he met a woman and fell in love with her, thus deciding to settle down. Nevertheless, a wide range of actual bloodlines derive from Ali’s conceptions with his wife (and many more women…), people who still follow his destiny. Such individuals have a natural synchrony (although it can vary with each individual’s experiences and behavior) with both Uriel and Eriol, and seem completely unable to synchronize with other deities. Such individuals are usually very friendly but careless and they usually have the common feature of a rebel hair on their head that does never seem to settle down.
Freedom and Chaos: A character with this Blood Bond has a starting value of Elan 30 with both Uriel and Eriol. The character can buy up to 1CP worth of Elan with any or both of them. Also, his Elan can get up to 100% with both Uriel and Eriol (of course, depending on the deeds of the individual it can also get below 30).
Unrestrained: Characters with Ali’s Blood automatically have the following Ki and Nemesis Abilities: Ki Occultation, Undetectable and Void Movement.
LIMIT: Characters with Ali’s Blood can never gain Elan with anyone except for Uriel and Eriol, regardless of their behavior.

GILGAMESH’S BLOOD
The story of Araxiel and Ilumina, champions of Noah and Azrael and of their forbidden love is described elsewhere, but what very few know is what happened to the product of their union. Azrael could not permit the Darkness and Light Elemental to be born of Ilumina, but she could not kill such innocent being for the sole crime of existing. Thus she removed the soul from the embryo (which aborted without Ilumina even knowing) and placed it in the dead fetus of a Baho woman in Thirgu. This fetus gave birth to a male child, named Gilgamesh. Both Azrael and Noah felt somewhat bad about the punishment of their respective champions and without knowing, they both started giving gifts with the young man, who synchronized perfectly with both and became the greatest hero of his age within the warrior caste. After a while both Noah and Azrael became aware of the influence of their rival on the human and started competing even more for his soul, granting him even greater power. Very close to reach Avatar status for both deities, Gilgamesh interrupted his days as a warrior when his best friend was killed by a terrible disease. He decided to join the Scholar caste and spend his following years studying medicine, thus losing his synchronization. Anyway, during his adventuring years, Gilgamesh bore a discrete number of children around the world, whose descendants still benefit from the attention of both Azrael and Noah. The number of these is kept low by their tendency to dedicate life to battle leaving them with few time to procreate and their tendency to die in battle, despite the exceptional blessings they benefit from. Such individuals have a natural synchrony (although it can vary with each individual’s experiences and behavior) with both Azrael and Noah, and seem completely unable to synchronize with other deities. Such individuals are very belligerent, but their most striking features are mixed black and blond hair and the fact they have a dark black eye and a pale green one, as a sign of the Light and Darkness eternally struggling inside them.
War and Blades: A character with this Blood Bond has a starting value of Elan 30 with both Azrael and Noah. The character can buy up to 1CP worth of Elan with any or both of them. Also, his Elan can get up to 100% with both Azrael and Noah (of course, depending on the deeds of the individual it can also get below 30).
Araxiel and Ilumina’s Legacy: Characters with Gilgamesh’s Blood automatically have the following Ki Abilities: Presence Extrusion, Aura Extension, Elemental Attack Light, Elemental Attack Darkness.
LIMIT: Characters with Gilgamesh’s Blood can never gain Elan with anyone except for Azrael and Uriel, regardless of their behavior.

BATHORY’S BLOOD
Few times life on Gaia was menaced as when Erzsbéth Bathory raised to power in Moth. It all began when Edamiel, in a rare moment of lucidity from her apathy understood that her goal could be helped by one of her enemies: Zemial. Without anyone knowing, she managed to sneak in his prison and somehow she managed to get through his blood-crazed mind and communicate him one simple concept: that destruction of all and bringing everything to void were ultimately the same goal. Thus they looked for a mortal to bless with both their powers and found it in a bloody maniac noblewoman that ruled over a small area of Moth: Erzsbéth Bathory. She was chosen both because she had already synchronized with both and because Moth was sufficiently “out of sight” to make their plan go unnoticed. The horrors perpetrated by that woman in a short period of time are not even spoken of in Moth, such is the terror her mere name causes, but fortunately, before she could reach Avatar status with any or both entities, she was stopped by the unpredictably combined efforts of a zealous Inquisitor and the Nightmare Lord Malekith, who both considered her a threat too great. Unfortunately, thanks to Edamiel’s blessings she was able to produce a vast progeny, although Zemial’s influence brought her to kill more than one of her children, and despite the efforts made by both the Inquisition and Malekith to eradicate such legacy, her descendants sometimes arise somewhere in the world. Such individuals have a natural synchrony (although it can vary with each individual’s experiences and behavior) with both Edamiel and Zemial, and seem completely unable to synchronize with other deities. Such individuals’ usually catatonic faces have completely jet-black eyes that turn to a deep blood-like red either when they get aroused or when they go in unpredictable murder sprees.
Void and Destruction: A character with this Blood Bond has a starting value of Elan 30 with both Edamiel and Zemial. The character can buy up to 1CP worth of Elan with any or both of them. Also, his Elan can get up to 100% with both Edamiel and Zemial (of course, depending on the deeds of the individual it can also get below 30).
Unrestrained: Characters with Bathory’s Blood automatically have the following Ki and Nemesis Abilities: Ki Destruction, Void Body and Void Essence.
LIMIT: Characters with Bathory’s Blood can never gain Elan with anyone except for Edamiel and Zemial, regardless of their behavior.

Feedback is as always appreciated!

#8 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Small additional things, no Blood Bonds this time!

Improved Spiritual Growth
This character gains +5Ki on a single anyone Characteristic each level (each level a different Characteristic can be chosen). Each additional 1CP spent on this advantages grants the same bonus, but no more than +5Ki can be allocated each level on a single Characteristic, due to this advantage.
1, 2, 3 CP

Innate Ki Reserve
This character has +1Accumulation and +10Ki on a single Characteristic. For each additional 1CP spent on this advantage, the character gains the same bonus, which must be allocated to a different Characteristic.
1, 2, 3 CP

Natural Martial Learning
This character gains +5MK per Level.
2CP

Feedback whenever you feel like it!

#9 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Natural martial learning is not worth 2cp. You can buy 5 for 5 dp so the least i'd see it is 1 cp or even 1 cp for 10

I thought of one too;

Magic advantage

Spiritual aptitude

This character has mastered body and soul and so is able to accumulate both ki and zeon at the same time

2CP

#10 Lia Valenth

Lia Valenth

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

Raybras said:

Natural martial learning is not worth 2cp. You can buy 5 for 5 dp so the least i'd see it is 1 cp or even 1 cp for 10

While I would agree with you, he based this one off the Spell Level version, which costs 2CP for +5 spell levels per level. As that you can buy 5 spell levels for 5 DP this is ridiculously expensive, but by official rules it sets a precedence.

#11 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

True, but you forget the fact that classes gain mk per level but no class gains ml per level. And then look at this. 2cp martial mastery = 80 mk at level 1. Natural martial learning 2 cp = 80 mk at lvl 16. 

The difference is that ml is considered slightly stronger which is why it is at 2 cp. 

Looking back at these numbers i would do 1cp for 5 mk, which by level 8 has attained the 40. OR i would leave it at 2 cp for 8 mk per level, attaining 80 mk at level 10. 

#12 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I know that 5DP worth 5MK per level seems very low for 2CP, but as Lia Valenth said, I based it on the "precedent" of Gradual Magic Learning (perhaps Gradual Martial Learning would be better).

Now using a number WHICH IS NOT a multiple of 5 is awful due to the game mechanics which almost always make use of multiples of 5 (and by the way, MK WORKS in multiples of 5), so the alternatives are 5 or 10MK per level per 2CP.

Comparing again with Magic Level: you get 40DP worth of ML for 1CP (Natural Knowledge of a Path) EXACTLY like you get 50DP worth of MK for 1CP (Martial Mastery), and then you have Gradual Magic Learning for 2CP that grants +5ML per level.

The reason for this "very low efficience advantage" is (on my opinion) due to the fact that ML is LIMITED to Intelligence Base (which gets VERY high once you get past 10) + 10%DP.

MK on the other hand is limited to Class Innate Base +10%DP.

Although it might seem that MK is "more" than ML, it's only as far as you're not increasing your caster's Intelligence score, but since Intelligence score is needed to cast high level spells, casters will definitely buy Intelligence. Now, since the average MK/Level in Anima is 20 (20.25, actually), At level 16 the average of MK is 320, which is almost what you get at Intelligence 15 (which isn't that far of a Aim for a Magician), and at Level20 the average of MK is 400, which is equivalent to what a Magician has in ML at Intelligence16.

ML and MK are NOT supposed to pile up like other things: thats all. If you think about it also Sense of Combat isn't convenient at all DP worth (+5 to either Attack/Block per Level for 3CP that counts within the +50 Innate Limit is very bad), but it's like that because Attack and Defense are also supposed not to stack too much). Also +5Wear Armor per Level for 1CP does not seem as good as +10 to a Secondary Ability per Level for 1CP, but that's not so, because again Wear Armor spends point from the limited area of Primary Combat, while Secondaries drain from an unlimited pool.

Gradual Magic Learning and Natural Martial Learning (or Gradual Martial Learning, if you like it more like that) are "BAD" advantages, but allow to "pile-up" a bit more of a very limited resource, and that's why they are very CP expensive.

By the way, your Advantage (Spiritual Aptitude) seems very nice, but I'd make it 1CP worth for the reason that mages will not need too often to accumulate zeon AND ki. Either you are a Warlock who spent an amazing amount of DP in accumulations (25DP each!) and ki or you're a Warlock who switched class becoming a Technician (spending 60DP or 30DP and 1CP) OR you might be a Fighter Class WITH the Gift (meaning you sacrificed 2CP for it and you WON'T be a good "caster" anyway). Anyway, it's an Advantage thought for a rather "hard" build, so I wouldn't "charge it" with extra CP expenses.

My two cents AND thank you very much for the feedback AND for the addition that will definitely end-up in my "new advantages" file!

#13 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

i concede the point. you made good strong counter-arguments and i am now seeing your point of view and am accepting them as my own.

and thank you for your feedback, we shall make it 1 cp.

#14 rickayelm

rickayelm

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

There is already a advantage that gives you martial knowlege. You get 40 points per creation oint that you invest, so I can get 80 points at first level for 2 points or I can take your advantage to get 80 points by level 16. I don't see why anyone would take your advantage. You either need ti give more points per level or you need to make it a 1 point advantage.

#15 Lia Valenth

Lia Valenth

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

Some people play games that get to level 25-30. Takes years, but it happens.

#16 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

Simply put, the reason while anyone would get it is stacking (the same reason why one would get a couple Natural Knowledges of Paths AND Gradual Magic Learning) both together...in other world a character that needs huge amounts of MK and/or doesn't want to sacrifice Primary Combat abilities to have it.

Anyway, it should be noted that I reward my players with CP for participating inmain events or completing quests, so yeah, they get more than 1CP/2Levels (but the limits in character creation are used).

By the way, I acutually popped-up to add a new advantage:

Pact Dealer
The character has already dealt a Pact with a Great Arcane or a Great Beast with a maximum Zeon cost up to 300. Each additional CP spent on this Advantage may either be used to buy an additional Pact or to raise the maximum Zeon cost of a dealt pact by +150.
1, 2, 3CP
LIMIT: The character must be able to use the Summon Ability in order to get this Advantage.

Basically, Arcana Exxet allows Summoner Characters to specialize on Invocation (they can't anymore summon creatures but gain a Zeon discount on Invocations and Incarnations). Although an Invoker with adeguate Occult would be allowed to know a few Incarnations, I believe that he shouls also have the "option" of being able since the beginning to use a few low level Invocations without having to go all around doing quests to get even the weakest ones. This advantage is what I came out with. Of course it's a nice addition for any Summoner as well (or for any character who has enough Zeon and has spent enough DPs to have the 5 Base in Summon).

#17 Evrae

Evrae

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

I thought of one that for every CP spent (up to two CP) allows the player to lower a targeted attack penalty by twenty points. i.e. a atrgeted attack penalty to the head would become -40 with the first point and then -20 with the second.

#18 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

A similar effect should be associated more to a Style Module than an Advantage on my opinion AND I believe that such model wasn't created by the designers themselves (it's pretty obvious that it's missing from the maneuver penalty-reducing modules) for balancing issues.

Tao can already reduce the penalties for aimed attacks to up to 1/4 and people fighting with a weapon with the Precision rule (which are of course weapons with relatively low damage output) can halve the penalty.

If you add there static penalty reductions, the effect is that characters with certain builds will ALWAYS make Aimed Attacks instead of normal attacks (because the penalty is completely nullified), meaning such characters become absolute powerhouses (they require 1/5 total HP damage to inflict criticals and inflict criticals to vital points continuously...everything without having a minimal Attack reduction when compared with other fighters). Add there high Initiative (which isn't hard to achieve with weapons with the Precision Rule or Unarmed) and you can clearly see how such characters become horrifying monsters on the battlefield.

Some might argument that some techniques can do this...but techniques require ki accumulation and cannot be spammed as normal attacks due to ki allowance.

Everything in my humblest opinion, of course.

#19 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

I must say: Elric is right. Also: Some vital points have no AT (most people aren't wearing helmets in my game). And a high critical on some points are nearly instant deaths.

Elric of Melniboné said:

...(they require 1/5 total HP damage to inflict criticals and inflict criticals to vital points continuously...everything without having a minimal Attack reduction when compared with other fighters).

I tought it was 10% of HP (which woulb be 1/10, also less). Or have I something wrong?

#20 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:19 AM

No, I was wrong. You're correct. Sorry!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS