NEW Character Sheet by Gitzman

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#41 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

I've updated the character sheet with most of the feedback presented.  (pic on page one updated)

No Talent Slots at this time.  Sorry =)

Gitz

#42 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Looks sweet.

Very very minor quibble: I'd suggest changing the colour of the Basic action scrolls, or the scroll background behind them. To make em pop more. Scroll on scroll isn't working for me

#43 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Daedalum said:

Looks sweet.

Very very minor quibble: I'd suggest changing the colour of the Basic action scrolls, or the scroll background behind them. To make em pop more. Scroll on scroll isn't working for me

Actually, I think the opposite is true. There is already too many backgrounds. 

I would pull the physical/mental stats color behind the fortune die and associated skill lists to reinforce their connection. I would use the "bone" color (the background for specializations) on Advanced Skills. And then I would use the dark brow background that right now only sits at the top of the page and use it for wounds/corruption and as a background for the tan basic actions to sit on.

You may also consider having all the squares bordered in black instead have the torn paper edge thing like the Weapon and Armor section. It would make the top and bottom sections of the sheet gel better. 

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#44 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:19 AM

Excellent feedback Doc,  I can do most of that and think it would be a solid modification.  I question changing the background color or the advanced skills to bone though.

Advanced skills add yellow dice, simiar to regualr skills so it needs to remain the dark yellow color.

I'll try and do these tonight.

Gitzman

#45 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

Yeah,I do lie the logic behind your colour scheme. Man this will be my go to Char sheet.

#46 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

I'm new to v3, but why have you made each stat a number of diamonds instead of just a space to write a number?

Is it easier to count filled-n/checked boxes than to read a number? A single box would take less space too..

Not critizising, just wondering :) 

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#47 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

I've got a prelim form fill version if anyone is interested.

jh

#48 cd8dman

cd8dman

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

Looks great.  However, I'm getting a connection between the fellowship attribute and the fortune dice for the physical traits.

#49 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

fixed...

up to date

#50 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:49 AM

Darth Smeg said:

I'm new to v3, but why have you made each stat a number of diamonds instead of just a space to write a number?

Is it easier to count filled-n/checked boxes than to read a number? A single box would take less space too..

Not critizising, just wondering :) 

The concept behind this sheet was to give visual queues to help players build their dice pool.  I went with the concept that each filled in box represented a dice you neeed to grab to build the pool.  It already works that way with skills and stance, so i made characteristics opperate the same way too.

It also helped emphasize that players cannot exceed 6 as a characteristic maximum, showing  a player their progress to maxing a stat. It further emphasizes, visually, the players lowest and highest stats, perhaps reminding them of their lack of intelligence or exceptional strength more often.

Gitzman

#51 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

I'll post an Adobe Form Fillable (and savable) version of the sheet shortly, similar to what i've done with previous sheets.

Gitz

#52 Hurlanc

Hurlanc

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

outstanding result !

where did you find the mini-dice pics ? did you draw them ?

#53 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Hurlanc said:

They're shopped. I can see from the pixels.

On a serious note though I think they are just plain old photos of the dices.

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#54 Hurlanc

Hurlanc

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

or maybe he cropped the dice pics from the very early news FFG published

#55 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

Hurlanc said:

outstanding result !

(like Doc said) They are cut from a photograph of some dice and saved as a PNG with a transparent background.  Then imported to the Illustrator file and given a drop shadow.

Gitz

#56 Massaker

Massaker

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

well done!

Can't wait to see the second page!

Hopefully you find the time to do it soon!

;)

#57 New Zombie

New Zombie

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

Gitzman said:

Doc, the Weasel said:

Good work. The actual image of the die is a nice touch.

You may consider making the stance die spaces circles, so that they are consistent with the symbols on the cards (8-siders are diamonds, 10-siders are circles). 

What is the fortune die next to Rank in the upper right for?

Good ideas regarding teh Circles for Stance.  I'll make those changes tonight too.

The fortune dice next to rank are part of the rules if i remember correctly.  As you rank up, in certain situations you can utilize your rank (or fame) to influence some rolls.  This was intended to be a reminder that your rank has some outside influences.

Gitzman

i still can't find any reference to this rule, anyone know if jesse got stuck into the madcap 'shrooms? and when will page 2 be available jesse?

#58 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Brilliant work as always Gitzman. We're taking a break from WFRP while we play "Fall of the camarilla" campaign for requiem for Rome (vampire). Can't wait to begin the new campaign.

#59 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:29 AM

MadCaps a possibility... i'll wait to hear what you guys say.  Page 2, on the distant horizon.  Details when motivation sets in again. =)

Gitzman

#60 New Zombie

New Zombie

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

Gitzman said:

Page 2, on the distant horizon.  Details when motivation sets in again. =)

Gitzman

oh i don't like the sound of that. need i remind you of your obligations?

you know that by the rules of the  internet that the moment you posted a second page was coming you are contractually obliged to provide this when the self entitled want it and it must meet their unspecified and disparate desires which they have to right to change post release.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS