Jump to content



Photo

NEW Character Sheet by Gitzman


  • Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#21 Gitzman

Gitzman

    Member

  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:07 AM

Lautrer said:

@Gizman: You are great! May I put this also on my WH-Website? Of course with a link to your gallery site.

I like it!!!!

Sure thing, just please ad a link back to GitzmansGallery.com

Gitz



#22 springfaetter

springfaetter

    Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

Great Job!!! I'm thinking you could use the same red/orange colour, as in the wound and corruption box in the physical characteristic box; since you use different tokens to track these and it makes you more aware of if you are being stressed or fetiqued. 

Maybe a box for the combined normal damage dealt with each weapon?

Im seriously considering using this:)



#23 Yamusha

Yamusha

    Member

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

OMG!!! This is AWESOME!! Great job Gitzman!

But.... What happends when the new expansion for rank 4-5 characters comes out??

I mean, it appears that this new character sheet is for chracters until rank 3....

This also makes me think about this new expansion. dont you think they will also incluse some new character sheet in the box???



#24 Gitzman

Gitzman

    Member

  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:42 AM

Excellent point, i'll add space for ranks 4 & 5. 

Gitz



#25 HedgeWizard

HedgeWizard

    Member

  • Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:42 AM

Yamusha said:

 

OMG!!! This is AWESOME!! Great job Gitzman!

But.... What happends when the new expansion for rank 4-5 characters comes out??

I mean, it appears that this new character sheet is for chracters until rank 3....

This also makes me think about this new expansion. dont you think they will also incluse some new character sheet in the box???

 

 

My guess is that instead of obviating the old character sheet, there will be Rank 4/5 action cards & traits that enable fortune and expertise dice.  I suspect that the stats will remain effectively capped at 6, with skill ranks capped at 3 ranks of expertise. One will set apart the epic level PCs/NPCs will be their actions, traits and other related things.



#26 Chaos85

Chaos85

    Member

  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:29 AM

This is a truly awesome character sheet, I like it very much!

Two things that I spotted on it, the Block action should say "shield equipped" instead of "melee weapon equipped" and the guarded position should have recharge of 0.

Keep up the good work man!   



#27 Fossy

Fossy

    Member

  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

Thank You!

I used the sheet in our today's session and everybody wants to switch to it now.

Two things: The sheet shows "Dexterity" instead of "Agility" and the character's rank is set to "0".

I second springfaetter's proposal to change the colour of the physical section to red/orange.



#28 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

    Member

  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:16 AM

Ummm, Gitz, I don't think gaurded position is recharge two, I think it's zero? Maybe?

 

Otherwise, that is very, very pretty. I think we have a new champion.

 

*Unceremoniously bins old character sheets*



#29 Gitzman

Gitzman

    Member

  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:55 AM

Chaos85 said:

This is a truly awesome character sheet, I like it very much!

Two things that I spotted on it, the Block action should say "shield equipped" instead of "melee weapon equipped" and the guarded position should have recharge of 0.

Keep up the good work man!   

 

Excellent feedback, i'll make those adjustments tonight.

Gtiz



#30 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

    Pretending to be many, many things.

  • Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

Good work. The actual image of the die is a nice touch.

You may consider making the stance die spaces circles, so that they are consistent with the symbols on the cards (8-siders are diamonds, 10-siders are circles). 

What is the fortune die next to Rank in the upper right for?


Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

 

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.


#31 Gitzman

Gitzman

    Member

  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

Doc, the Weasel said:

Good work. The actual image of the die is a nice touch.

You may consider making the stance die spaces circles, so that they are consistent with the symbols on the cards (8-siders are diamonds, 10-siders are circles). 

What is the fortune die next to Rank in the upper right for?

Good ideas regarding teh Circles for Stance.  I'll make those changes tonight too.

The fortune dice next to rank are part of the rules if i remember correctly.  As you rank up, in certain situations you can utilize your rank (or fame) to influence some rolls.  This was intended to be a reminder that your rank has some outside influences.

Gitzman



#32 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

    Member

  • Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

Gitzman said:

The fortune dice next to rank are part of the rules if i remember correctly.  As you rank up, in certain situations you can utilize your rank (or fame) to influence some rolls.  This was intended to be a reminder that your rank has some outside influences.

Gitzman

Whoah. Never read about that. Any chance of you remembering from where this comes from?


The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group


#33 Gitzman

Gitzman

    Member

  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

doc_cthulhu said:

Gitzman said:

 

The fortune dice next to rank are part of the rules if i remember correctly.  As you rank up, in certain situations you can utilize your rank (or fame) to influence some rolls.  This was intended to be a reminder that your rank has some outside influences.

Gitzman

 

 

Whoah. Never read about that. Any chance of you remembering from where this comes from?

I dont recall where it was, but i seem to remember once you have a few ranks under your belt you can use your rank/fame to  help you in social encounters, intimidation checks, etc. 

Then again, i could just be makign up rules =)

Anyone else familar with this?

Gitz



#34 Chaos85

Chaos85

    Member

  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

Hey Gitzman, another one :)

You should change the parry action, so it can only be used against melee attacks.

Hope this helps! 



#35 New Zombie

New Zombie

    Member

  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

genius. any chance you can have sockets for talents on it?



#36 Nisses

Nisses

    Member

  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

 Gitzman,

 

I'm sort of done with the concept of my own (yet another version) character sheet. However, you've got the knack of making them digital and fillable.
Can you tell me what tools you use to do this? I'd rather not do a complete sheet in photoshop, only to afterwards start from scratch in a different program (I'm lazily efficient ;) )

 



#37 Gitzman

Gitzman

    Member

  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:05 AM

New Zombie said:

genius. any chance you can have sockets for talents on it?

Excellent idea, i'll see if i can make a little room for 3 socket slots.

Gitz



#38 Gitzman

Gitzman

    Member

  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:10 AM

Nisses said:

 Gitzman,

 

I'm sort of done with the concept of my own (yet another version) character sheet. However, you've got the knack of making them digital and fillable.
Can you tell me what tools you use to do this? I'd rather not do a complete sheet in photoshop, only to afterwards start from scratch in a different program (I'm lazily efficient ;) )

 

This sheet was done in Adobe Illustrator

All the previous sheets i've worked with have been created in Adobe LiveCycle Designer (which comes with any copy of Acrobat Standard or Professional, not reader).  For these, i'd use a graphic background of a character sheet (like a hi-res jpeg) and overlay it with a series of fillable fields.  Where applicable i'd attach some logic to the fields to help automate the process which is done using a slightly modified JavaScript code.

Gitz =)

 



#39 New Zombie

New Zombie

    Member

  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:59 AM

Gitzman said:

New Zombie said:

 

genius. any chance you can have sockets for talents on it?

 

 

Excellent idea, i'll see if i can make a little room for 3 socket slots.

Gitz

did i just hear Jay H dislocate his jaw by grinding his teeth?  



#40 Nisses

Nisses

    Member

  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

New Zombie said:

Gitzman said:

 

New Zombie said:

 

genius. any chance you can have sockets for talents on it?

 

 

Excellent idea, i'll see if i can make a little room for 3 socket slots.

Gitz

 

did i just hear Jay H dislocate his jaw by grinding his teeth?  

 

 

tssktssk, such baiting! 

 

Guess I'll need to procure the services of a graphics designer that has Acrobat afterwards then. Good to know I can still use Photoshop though, thanks!
Now, to motivate myself to actually make graphics for this thing... :)

 






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS