Photo

Has anyone found a way to use Mansions of Madness with AH (especially solo games)?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 twm47099

twm47099

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

The subject says it all?  MoM sounds interesting, but as a solo player ???

Thanks

Tom

#2 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

twm47099 said:

The subject says it all?  MoM sounds interesting, but as a solo player ???

Thanks

Tom

What, do you want to play MoM alone as investigator or what?

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#3 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

This really should be in the Mansions forum.

But, I do recall seeing a well-written variant where you can play scenarios solo:

boardgamegeek.com/filepage/64918/solo-co-op-version-of-stories

#4 twm47099

twm47099

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

Thanks for the link.  But I am also trying to find out if anyone has used MoM as a variant in Arkham Horror.  Since I don't have MoM, I'm not sure it could be used that way, or if it would even add anything to AH.  (That's why I'm asking in the AH forum.)

tom

#5 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:00 AM

well, you can treat each seal attempt as an entire game of MoM. Fail it and you have failed the roll to close or seal, elder sign it and you skip the mansion. Long, loooong game that will be, and good luck finding space for MoM while AH is set up! Some MoM scenarios and AH locations make more sense than others, forex sealing  the Witch House nicely doubles up as a stab at solving Season of the Witch in MoM.

#6 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:46 AM

dj2.0 said:

well, you can treat each seal attempt as an entire game of MoM. Fail it and you have failed the roll to close or seal, elder sign it and you skip the mansion. Long, loooong game that will be, and good luck finding space for MoM while AH is set up! Some MoM scenarios and AH locations make more sense than others, forex sealing  the Witch House nicely doubles up as a stab at solving Season of the Witch in MoM.

Too bad toy can't implant your investigators and all their posessions from AH to MoM so basically this will make no sense.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#7 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

of course it wont make sense, ever. Disbelief will have to be suspended quite high. Clues should probably be wagered on the mansions board too, so only 1 attempt to seal can be made before clues are lost. Doubtless there are other problems with investigators being devoured.

#8 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

To my knowledge, there is no scenario using both games at the moment (at some point, I was thinking about it, using book-cases). There is a keeper version of arkham.

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS