Photo

The Star Wars RPG speculation/wishing well thread!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 benhilfenhus

benhilfenhus

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

I like to play star war game. It was very fantastic game. I was playing this game in my leisure time. The game is beautiful - fantastic art. The music is awesome and of course  familiar. The acting is great. I enjoyed it and almost all of my friends felt the same way.

#42 Josep Maria

Josep Maria

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Some people commented it already and also with a group of friends we discussed about SW RPG adaptations.

Almost all systems that appeared where pretty good (with good and bad things) but no one of them where a trully SW adaptation. I'm not sure if the creators put the movie videos and counted the seconds from a lightsaber duel and said "ok, a lightsaber move takes 3 seconds to impact the target and 2 if you are a great swordsman", but I have my doubts.

Edge of the Empire seems to take the best things from D6 (incredible freedom on character building and awesome cinematic posibilities) and the strong mechanics from a d20 or Saga ("talents, skill trees and other upgrades). Algo adding a few new ones like the awesone dice system ideas.

Probably, and until the moment, Edge seems the best to adapt de SW universe for my playstyle. Personally, I don't use to care about "balance" in games.

If an elefant is stronger than me because I'm an ant then… I will not cry or I will pick a whale as specie next time XD So in my play style balance is reallistic and I don't care if "Jedi are so strong or Force is so powerful" because thats the reality of the SW Universe.

I know that Edge is a great systems with the necessary structure level and flexibility to recreate a SW game but also I'm aware that its not 100% accurate cause of its "cinematic nature" (don't missunderstand me, I LOVE cinematic games), but I think that it will be enough.

I don't like levels or classes so probably my first patch on the game will be that paying XP you can access to all trees and skills (at a proper cost of course).

About other systems considerations I have to say that where good, but I have a first pretty goos sensation about Edge. I'm wishing to see it this summer :D

About Po-Guay M'aku I agree with a lot of its classifications from the older systems.

Be brave and listen to your heart.

5,935 Profile Views.

#43 artteach

artteach

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

Darkstryder-- Enuff said!

GM of the PbP DarkStryder Campaign at www.dailydoserpg.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS