Finally got round to painting my minis!

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

Finally, more Dust stuff has started to trickle through to the UK!

Slapped some paint on these command groups, hopefully the hero packs will be here soon too. In the meantime working on a few buildings for Tactics/Warfare, pics soon!

#42 Miah999

Miah999

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

Those are all great, love the home built Recon Mickey.

#43 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

Started putting together some scenery for tactics and the impending release of Warfare. These were dirt cheap 1/35 plaster buildings from ebay. I simply added some card floors and a little extra details to fill them out a bit and make them more practical for gaming purposes. I have since added bases for stability, a little loose masonry and painted them, will post pics soon as I manage to clear the table of projects and get some tabletop pics!

Even though they are slightly larger than 1/48 dust scale it's a discrepency I can live with considering how cheap they are compared to the official building sets!

#44 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

bulldoguk said:

Thanks, always a pleasure to inspire :)

Hate wasting bits n peices so I used the spares from the paolo crew pack to knock together a Recon Mickey :)

Turret ring was a simple construction using card, if you can find a bottle cap the right size even easier!

The single 50's are from the crew pack, if you leave the twin '50 a loose fit from the Allied heavy walker it's a simple matter of swapping them over when you wish to include the Mickey in your army list

Btw does anyone have a playable and fair points value for this? I DL'd the stat card but no points value as yet, any input would be appreciated.

ps. I might figure out why I cant seem to post comments between pictures on this forum one day!

Leave a space between your pictures so you can add you comments. Post the pic then add a few spaces and post your next pic then you can go back and add comments. That's all there is to do it. I love the drop in compartments. Makes me think of all my 40K conversions like that. Guess I need to build one now as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

#45 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Tried all that Mgentile7, this is the only forum that doesn't want to play ball! Won't even let me edit my own posts, so I can't even use a trial and error method! Bah, sod it, pictures up top, captions down bottom. Have fun matching them! LOL

Got some colour on these bricks n mortar. Kept things simple and tried not to clutter the floor space as I prefer to keep my scenery functional and can't stand it when figures are forever toppling over on uneven surfaces!

Will probably add a few interior details and propaganda posters when I find a little time, 6 more buildings incoming, should havy a cityscape in no time!

The Allies cautiously advance...

Scouts have set up a forward observation position

The Axis forces wait, ready to ambush!

Three storey ruin

The flooring is added using cardboard as are the tiles and floor boards, easy and quick, all the buildings shown where assembled and painted in one afternoon!

Another example of a building, cost on average around 7 quid from a well known auction site..bargain!

The bricks and rubble can be picked up from the same sellers, simply scatter it around and 'splodge' watered down PVA glue all over the pile to secure them in place. I tend not to go too crazy on this stuff as you need somewhere for your troops to stand!

#46 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

hmmm. posting pics at 640 x 480, should I try smaller pics maybe? sorry just thinking aloud

#47 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

Axis and Allied Hero pack finished

Action Jaction saw his first battle yesterday, scraped through by the skin of his teeth and managed to Head butt a Nazi Gorilla to death. What a HERO!!!

#48 Cy-baer

Cy-baer

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

Oh nice way to modify Stefans Flammenwerfer, i will copy that. ;o)

The pics are a little to dark, but what i can see is that it looks really well done.

#49 Nowthen

Nowthen

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

I love your work and Ive been following you  since you started this thread and every thing has been excellent.  The heroes look great too, not a bad one amongst them. I must however nitpick Action Jacksons Beret though, it's needs to be a darker red for paratroopers (at the moment it's the colour of an RMP Beret) and also it needs the detail of the black leather band picking out too.  Sorry but after 10 years in the British Army you just notice these things. Again sterling work as always.

#50 Muttah

Muttah

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Both the scenery pieces and the troops are top notch - a genuine feast for the eyes! I wish mine looked at least half as good as these...

#51 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Thanks for the advice nowthen, it is actually darker than it looks as the angle has only captured the front highlights of the beret. However you have to remember that Jackson has just headbutted a gorilla to death so a lot of the colouring is ape claret :OP hehe

ps, just for you however I will go grab Jackson and the devils (only two of course as I got that crappy US head on one of mine) and henceforth paint the black banding!

#52 Nowthen

Nowthen

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

My bad, I completely forgot about the likelyhood of Primate assaults.  As for the the Beret bands I thankyou. Again great work.

#53 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

Painted up a few more buildings yesterday afternoon along with a few little barricades, all airbrushed. Cheap n cheerful! :) More to come, will have that city in no time!

#54 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

I finally got my airbrush set up so ill post some camo schemes for my vehicles shortly. Thanks for the inspiration.

#55 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

Happy to be of help Mgentile :)

Anyhow, Dust Warfare released, woohoo!!!

Knocked out a couple more buildings, intend to run a Private Ryan style campaign from beach to city, Church should be interesting, imagine the scene. An allied recon force take shelter from the rain on a stormy night, suddenly they are awoken by scratching at the door, groans then machine gun fire, those dastadly Axis forces have raised the zombies from the graves and are assaulting the church...FIRE AT WILL!

Two newest heroes ready for active duty too!

#56 Siouxfire

Siouxfire

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

bulldoguk said:

Even though they are slightly larger than 1/48 dust scale it's a discrepency I can live with considering how cheap they are compared to the official building sets!

Which eBay seller did you buy them from? Love all the 1/48 models you've integrated into your collection; absolutely brilliant.

#57 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

Hi Siouxfire, UK seller called fogmodels, for most part and a few others from various sellers, just a matter of trawling through the listings and pulling out the best bargains really!

Have fun :)

#58 Siouxfire

Siouxfire

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

bulldoguk said:

Hi Siouxfire, UK seller called fogmodels, for most part and a few others from various sellers, just a matter of trawling through the listings and pulling out the best bargains really!

Snap! I started a thread here: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp specifically about those very models!

#59 Siouxfire

Siouxfire

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Actually, would you mind posting up a photo with the miniatures and your building together?

#60 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

On your linked thread or this one? If this one there are several pics on the previous page mate

On a slightly different note, anyone know if there will be a different forum subject opened for Warfare now it is released (and I just ordered my copy, woohoo) or will FF keep both games combined in one area?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS