Finally got round to painting my minis!

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

Well the only one I have used is the Iwata HP-BH so that's really the only one I can recommend, never failed me (touch wood) easy to use and being gravity fed a pleasure to use and clean. Might not be the cheapest or the most expensive but it's worth it's weight in gold as far as I am concerned!

It's defo worth splashing out on a large compressor however, I have a Tiger 8/45 I bought a few years back now, huge beast size of a small island but it means no annoying constant motor sound and a nice clean air supply

#22 Pooflinger76

Pooflinger76

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:58 AM

Just such a great looking force all around!  Amazing looking walkers. I would like to see you make some matching terrain to play on, bet you could whip out an awesome urban warfare looking setting with your mad airbrush skills!  Been thinking about getting an airbrush myself, just need to convince my wife it has "real world" uses as well as hobby:) 

#23 [So]Rice

[So]Rice

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Pooflinger76 said:

Just such a great looking force all around!  Amazing looking walkers. I would like to see you make some matching terrain to play on, bet you could whip out an awesome urban warfare looking setting with your mad airbrush skills!  Been thinking about getting an airbrush myself, just need to convince my wife it has "real world" uses as well as hobby:) 

She could possible airbrush her nails ;)

Nice models as always Bulldog and very fast too.

#24 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

hols out of the way!  Back into the grind decided to sneak in a few more Dust models before I start on the next 40k commission models so here they are, this post represents the contents of the revised core edition of Dust

Trying to keep the colours faithful to the card art as our little group are casual players and only get a few hours a week, would rather not spend most of that time trying to figure out what squad is where!

#25 Deepstriker

Deepstriker

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

Don't really play Dust Tactics.  Just decided to pop by since I do paint 40k minis, albeit my skills are nowhere near yours .  I really like the job you did with the "storm troopers" (the ones with the gas mask).  Apologies for just calling them "storm troopers" cos I don't really know them by name.  Bulldoguk, that is really well done!

Airbrush wise, I'd recommend Badger although its my personal preference.  Many airbrushes have internal mixing capability but its the first brand I've ever come across and used.  My local hobby store also sells Herpa, also with a compressor.

#26 alien

alien

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

Really  clean paint job, the highlighting and the weathering is great.

#27 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:32 AM

Bagged a 1/48 scale landing craft from a well known auction site for 15 quid! As shown by the first bunch of pics kit needs a little modding to take the bases of the walkers (without bases they fit fine but who doesn't glue their figures to the base?) just a simple matter of cutting away a little of the decking on the side, glueing the inner walls to the actual hull thus making the floor space slightly wider. The gaps were blanked out with some spare plasticard I had knocking about (the red stuff on the pics). Couple of tiny magnets added to the ramp allows it to be used in the up or down position, Jobs a good  'un!

May well pick a couple more up so I can stage an assault landing when Warfare is released :)

#28 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

Great job!  100% better then my attempt at building that model.

#29 GorFrag

GorFrag

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

Very saving Pvt Ryan! Good job!

#30 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

Knocked another landing craft up for Dust. The observant among you may notice the cabin/deck area is the other way round on this one. Yes, even a seasoned modeller like myself can make mistakes and I put the deck on back to front on the first model LOL, I must have been half asleep, didn't even notice until I assembled this one!
I think maybe one more, 3 seems a nice round number  :D

#31 Wombattangofoxtrot

Wombattangofoxtrot

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

Your first LC handles "rear defense" and AA, and the second handles "assault and support".  =)

#32 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Not much doing on the Dust front lately, just finished the red devils and Heavy Recon Grenadiers, hopefully should have the heavy walkers in hand for Xmas!

Anyhow, here they are, dunno about anyone else but I seemed to be lacking the three Beret festuned heads shown on the box art and got the slightly pants looking cap version of one of the Devils, if your listening Fantasy flight...GIVE ME FREE HEAD! (oooer)

#33 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

My third (and I think final) Landing craft finished. Added some of the Paolo crew members to them to inject a little life, think I will make up the scout variant cupola for the M4's with the spares :)

Now onto the heavies that have been sitting under the table since before Xmas!

#34 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Loving the LC, very realistic.

#35 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Finally got round to finishing the heavies, been sat under the table since before xmas.....roll on the hero and Soviets!!!

#36 KillaRr

KillaRr

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

Just love your painting, inspiring stuff! thanks for posting

#37 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:09 AM

Thanks, always a pleasure to inspire :)

Hate wasting bits n peices so I used the spares from the paolo crew pack to knock together a Recon Mickey :)

Turret ring was a simple construction using card, if you can find a bottle cap the right size even easier!

The single 50's are from the crew pack, if you leave the twin '50 a loose fit from the Allied heavy walker it's a simple matter of swapping them over when you wish to include the Mickey in your army list

Btw does anyone have a playable and fair points value for this? I DL'd the stat card but no points value as yet, any input would be appreciated.

ps. I might figure out why I cant seem to post comments between pictures on this forum one day!

#38 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

I have valued the Recon Mickey at about 36-37.

#39 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Cheers LM, will give that a try in our next game and see how it pans out, looks a nasty piece of work sporting all those '50 cals, wouldn't like to wander a couple of infantry squads anywhere near it!

#40 Hammerhand

Hammerhand

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

I have already commented on this stuff on warseer, but couldn't help saying WOW on here too.  This is some great stuff BulldogUK. I like a lot.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS