• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#41 ummaner

ummaner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Hi Neil,

Sorry, I didnt meant to say that there was a bug with the severe wounds. Please apologize my english syntax :)

On the contrary, Players cant share the cards with the 'Right Click' and 'Share' method when they draw cards directly from the 'Drawing Card' image. I tried it and I dont see the 'Share Icon'. The player have to attach it to his Character as/like we described.

May be I did it the wrong way, hihi !

#42 neilgfoster

neilgfoster

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

ummaner said:

Hi Neil,

Sorry, I didnt meant to say that there was a bug with the severe wounds. Please apologize my english syntax :)

On the contrary, Players cant share the cards with the 'Right Click' and 'Share' method when they draw cards directly from the 'Drawing Card' image. I tried it and I dont see the 'Share Icon'. The player have to attach it to his Character as/like we described.

May be I did it the wrong way, hihi !

No worries - I was only pointing out that its meant to work that way!

You're quite right - players can't share cards at the moment, only the GM can. I will look at adding this feature in to the next version.

WFRP3E Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds 2: http://www.theforbid...oleplay-v3.html

WFRP3E Google Hangout Dice Roller: http://www.theforbid...oleplay-v3.html

WFRP3E Character Sheet: http://www.theforbid...oleplay-v3.html

#43 Turnar

Turnar

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for your replies Ummaner and Neil.

I'll explain to my players where is the initiative tracker :)

The ruleset is a success, and the library too...

#44 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

With Neils help I've taken the excellent symbol font from Gitzmans site and created a set of fonts for Fantasy Grounds. Enlarged, rejigged the symbols and edited them to suit the monochrome text of FG. Symbols unavailable in chat box though, so be mindful when dragging blocks of text into the chat box.

Place the extension file in the extension folder of your Fantasy Grounds directory. You will then be able to select the extension each time you load the ruleset.

Link:  dl.dropbox.com/u/43520673/FG/WFRP%20v3%20-%20Thete%20Font.ext

I haven't confirmed whether extensions are automaticly available to players connecting to the GM or if they too must install the extension. Any FG people able to answer that one for me?

**edit** heh oops, just noticed an error in the image above, code equired to view fonts should be <i><b>*</b></i>

#45 ummaner

ummaner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

Hi Daedalum,

Thank for the work, but can you tell us how to use it plz ?

Umm.

#46 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

1. Download WFRP v3 - Thete Font.ext
    (rename extension if download manager renames as .zip)
  2. Place WFRP v3 - Thete Font.ext file in the 'extensions' folder of the Fantasy Grounds install
  3. Run Fantasy Grounds, at launch screen after selecting rules set, make sure extension 'Thete Fonts' is selected
  4. Once the program is running you will notice description text that you create in Story entries and Items, Locations etc from the Library is  displayed in Dominican font. If you select the appropirate lowercase letters and set to both Bold and Italic, the symbol font will be displayed.
  5. Or, if you are editing the actual xml, you can simply use the tags: <i><b>q</b></i>

Hope this image is a bit clearer:

#47 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:14 AM

#48 ummaner

ummaner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

Thanks Daedalum for the explanation.

Yesterday I finish all the Player and GM guide cards so I ll try a Replace Function !

Right on time :D

#49 Azrael1415

Azrael1415

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:43 AM

So, what has been the best way to input all the the cards into re-usable modules (i.e. more than 1 campaign) in to FGII. Is there an editor that is better to use than others? Thanks!

#50 ummaner

ummaner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

Working with the Common.xml file is the simple way to control what your doing.

I use Notepad++ and the PDF version of the Player, GM and Creature Guide.

Work with small Xml files and integrate them in the Common.xml once you are satisfied with the quality of your work.

I Use the Replace function a lot to enhance the reading on FG2.

#51 Trenloe

Trenloe

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Daedalum said:

I haven't confirmed whether extensions are automaticly available to players connecting to the GM or if they too must install the extension. Any FG people able to answer that one for me?

There is no need to put this extension on the player's FG install.  When the player's connect to the campaign, they download all extensions enabled for that FG campaign (even ruleset data if they don't have the ruleset installed locally) and the downloaded data is stored in a cache directory locally.

#52 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Trenloe said:

There is no need to put this extension on the player's FG install.  When the player's connect to the campaign, they download all extensions enabled for that FG campaign (even ruleset data if they don't have the ruleset installed locally) and the downloaded data is stored in a cache directory locally.

Thanks!

Version 1.1 in Final Release Testing. Cool :D

#53 neilgfoster

neilgfoster

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Great work Daedalum. If you dont have any objections, I will probably look at integrating your fonts into the next version ruleset.

Version 1.1 is nearly ready. This release adds a few new features, namely Inventions & Runes from Black Fire Pass plus Followers (Pets & Horses) from The Adventurers toolkit and Omens of War.

This release will also address the issue with allowing you to enter both Reckless and Conservative recharge values for action cards. Unfortunatley this will require a change to your library module - but to try and make it as painless as possible I have written a small utility which will make the changes for you. I am just writing up the upgrade instructions now.

WFRP3E Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds 2: http://www.theforbid...oleplay-v3.html

WFRP3E Google Hangout Dice Roller: http://www.theforbid...oleplay-v3.html

WFRP3E Character Sheet: http://www.theforbid...oleplay-v3.html

#54 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

Cheers!  No objections :) Let me know if you prefer the text to be a clearer font, and just use Dominican for symbols and as a nice larger point burgundy header font.  

#55 ummaner

ummaner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:23 AM

Hi Daedalum,

Thanks for the great work !

The Symbol fonts are AMAZING !! It's so real on the card it's Beautiful !!

Some issue : The text is too hard to read ... The Bold is ... not readable ... 

Can we have the same symbol but with the normal font of FG 2 plz ?

#56 cd8dman

cd8dman

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

Ok, I am an absolute newb concerning Fantasy Grounds II. 

The work that neil did for this game combined with my desire to play this game has prompted me to pick up fantasy grounds but now I realize that none of the cards and such are there.  (or if they are I sure cant figure out how to find them)

I am willing to do the work to add the cards but have no idea where to start. 

#57 Turnar

Turnar

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

It's a very long work :)

Neil give us a pdf with the ruleset to explain how to add the cards in the module.

#58 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

once you have Notepad++ installed and have read Neils pdf you will be ready to extract the WFRP v3 - Library.mod using FG PEM Utility and then open up the common.xml in Notepad++ and start adding stuff.

I'd recommend getting the Player and GM Guides as PDFs as it will make life easier. Though as another thread points out, the Creature Guide PDF doesn't allow copy/paste. I'm just entering what is really essential from the core at first (wounds, conditions, Insanities) Then skills and talents. Everything else (Careers, Actions, creature, locations etc) will be on an as needed basis as we play. Though I will put place holder entries in from products not in the guides by coy/pasting from the component list. Time permitting  I'll go back and add everything, but I think it s best to get up and playing as I don't have a lot of time for data entry. 

Its a big job though, only for the keen GM.

#59 3darkman

3darkman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

I am creating the xml with a program I made for this purpose, is still in alpha release, but it serves for something

Follow the link for those who want to use it .... accept feedback: http://www.mediafire...5fvdeo1f8u85mcv

The use of it is pretty simple .... Ctrl + N, create the item you want, then CTRL + S. After all items are created, CTRL + SHIFT + X to create the XML.

it has a bug that I could not correct that, if the application gives an error, you lose everything that you created during the session, then I advise that after creating the items, before exporting the XML (the biggest cause of errors), close the program and reopen it

#60 cd8dman

cd8dman

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

Going to start transferring action cards tonight. 

Kinda funny in a sad way.  Most of us here own the majority of the books/materials.  But, in order to protect those materials from those that dont and keep the ruleset available on Fantasy Grounds, we each have to enter thousands of lines of data.

Sigh.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS