For the right price…

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Okay, just answered my own question: I explored Miniatures Market, an online retailer (not the only viable one certainly, but a good one), and they list the game as "preorder," with the following prices:

Starter: $39.95 retail, $25.97 their (at least preorder) price.

Expansion craft: $14.95 retail, $9.72 their price.

Spare dice set: $7.95 retail, $5.17 their price.

So, those prices lessen the Pain Factor somewhat. Those are rational, doable. Might have to snag me a Y-Wing too.

Okay, so mild twinge of excitement….

EDIT: LESS good news, however, after a Google search for misc. preorders, is that two sites placed the Release Date as July 2012.

#42 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Hmm… those MM prices are pretty good, and I've had several good experiences with them.

As for the game coming out in July… I'm probably gonna go see Prometheus about 30 times in June, so my wallet could use the break! 

#43 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Blast! I was keeping the Miniature Market values to myself but the cat's out of the bag. I suppose there's no real threat of them getting sold out on the preorders, though, is there. Currently I'm hoping - not planning, hoping - to spend $115 at MM to get 3 X-wings, 3 Y-wings, 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, and the extra dice. That will give me two flight groups for each team..

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#44 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

The official line is release in Q2… Isn't July Q3 (not that things like release schedules can't change, but the thing is reported to be at the printers supposedly).

#45 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Budgernaut said:

Blast! I was keeping the Miniature Market values to myself but the cat's out of the bag. I suppose there's no real threat of them getting sold out on the preorders, though, is there. Currently I'm hoping - not planning, hoping - to spend $115 at MM to get 3 X-wings, 3 Y-wings, 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, and the extra dice. That will give me two flight groups for each team..

Hah! I already have a pre-order in with them for 4 basic sets, 1 expansion X-Wing and TIE (for the new pilots), 4 TIE Advanced and 5 Y-Wings. I hope this game doesn't suck, though it doesn't appear to. Besides, if the models are really as good as they look, I can always use them with Star Warriors or Star Wars Full Thrust or something… ;)

The MM site shows how many they have on pre-order, though I don't think it adjusts when customers pre-order.

#46 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

I just placed an order for one starter, one of each expansion, and one dice pack. Even at $38.95 regular mail shipping to the Great White North, that's still $15 cheaper than I'd get it all for list price in the shops here. But sometimes I'm real jealous of you American folks. 

#47 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Way to be, I.J.! I should be getting some birthday money this month and will probably preorder as soon as I know how much money I'll get. I'm so looking forward to it!

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#48 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

I've had good luck with Miniature Market too. Their pre-order prices are competitive and service is fast.  

#49 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

Greetings everyone, New to this forum (my very first post here), and glad to be getting a new SW game.  There are some video links previewing the game over at boardgamegeek.com in case you haven't seen them (from GenCon last year… not sure if it ended up exactly the same in the end).  

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103885/star-wars-x-wing

You can also buy the starter for about $26 at miniaturemarket.com, which doesn't seem too bad.  The expansions are also less, but still expensive for one ship and a few cards (about $10). I just ordered 2 starters, and 1 of each expansion to get more ships, dice, and game pieces for a bit less money.  Very excited to give the game a try. 

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

FIRST PLACE:  2012 Kessel Run (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Imperial Outpost, Glendale AZ); 2014 Store Championship (Desert Sky Games, Gilbert AZ); 2014 Assault on Imdaar Alpha (Game Depot, Tempe AZ)

#50 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

IG-58 said:

EDIT: LESS good news, however, after a Google search for misc. preorders, is that two sites placed the Release Date as July 2012.

My online game store of choice here in the UK, 13th floor, has had the core set as coming out in July 2012 for a good two months now, maybe longer, so I don't know how accurate that is. Especially when the same store has the LCG as coming in August 2012.

I'm hoping it'll be sooner just because I really need to know if this game is worth getting all the extra bits!

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS