Photo

Who is Azor Ahai Reobern? (ADWD spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Galatea

Galatea

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

@ SummerSeaCaptain: I too was convinced that AA was Dany, then I read ADwD and tought that Jon is a viable candidate too (big fan of the R+L=J theory).

Then I remembered this part of the prophecy: "There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

What if Jon is AA and the burning sword is Dany with her dragons? After all, she emerged from the fire...

#42 boy11jb

boy11jb

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

After reading Jon's death(?) scene, the primary thing I was worried about was that he would instantly slip into the body of Ghost, particularly because of what I saw as foreshadowing with Varamyr Sixskins in the ADWD prologue.  After talking this out with some other folks though, I feel like the Prologue had a bit more to do with the foreshadowing of Bran's storyline in the hill, and his learning to control and evolve his warg'ing, and less to do with Jon.  The more I think about it, the more it seems that Melisandre will use the Fiery Kiss to bring Jon back from death's door, essentially making him Azor Ahai Reborn.

Looking closely, George R.R. Martin never makes generic choices when wording himself.  He makes a point of describing Jon's wounds as 'smoking', and also makes a point of noting the tears in Bowen Marsh's eyes as he stabs Jon.  There's your salt and smoke right there.  Question is, if it all goes down like that, what does Jon do next?

#43 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

RJM said:

Don't forget the conspicuously inconspicuous crappy looking horn that was found stashed with the buried obsidian daggers and arrowheads Jon previously found beyond the wall wrapped in a black cloak, and that we haven't heard anything about for a couple books.

Ive been convinced for Years that Sam has had the horn of Winter all along. Thing is, The Wall HAS to come down. It MUST. So much effort has been applide to explaining that no matter how scarry the Others are they simply Can't cross The Wall. So how are we meant to get our big epic dragon v wight showdown if The Wall stays put?

#44 Rogue Cypher

Rogue Cypher

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm going to be the very, very, very small majority in my idea on who Azor Ahai Reborn is and more than likely is completely wrong because there's few connections to the prophecy and the character himself… Also, I'm REALLY, REALLY reaching here as most of what needs to be fullfilled needs to occur in the next book before it could be possible at all.

I think it's Rickon Stark.

For one thing, he's apparently at Skagos. So he's north of the Wall. "Skagos" in the Old Tongue means "stone". Viserion & Rhaegal are now loosed in the world, but I believe Rhaegal made his home inside a pyramid while Viserion is elsewhere. Lord Manderly has sent Ser Davos to retrieve Rickon from Skagos after Wex Pyke told him about his whereabouts.

What if Viserion arrives after flying from the East and befriends Rickon in the same way that Jon & Ghost are united with a bond. And begins to skinchange into Viserion effectively "taming" him. Ser Davos arrives and things get heated near the water. Rickon is, by force, thrown into Davos' ship and Viserion in a fit of rage attacks and sprays fire around the ship but Davos and his men somehow "slay" Viserion as he falls from the sky leaving a fiery spray above with his blood falling in a trail behind him. Rickon within the heat of the moment tries to skinchange into Viserion and brings the dragon back to life on the land.

Rickon would then be amidst salt (the sea surrounding him) and smoke (the fire Viserion sprayed around him still smoking from the boat itself). Viserion would be "awoke" (brought back by Rickon skinchanging to help him) from stone (Skagos meaning 'stone' and is the land Viserion's body fell on). And the blood in the air amidst the smoke in the air would be a "blood star" of sorts.

And in doing so maybe some sort of inner magic is uncovered inside him and Davos realizes he's the real Azor Ahai? And in the final book, the Others are invading Westeros and Rickon returns with Davos, retrieves the fragmented Lightbringer from Stannis' dead body as in Viserion's final moments is used as the sacrifice to complete the sword. Rickon then becomes Azor Ahai.

Again, a ridiculously long stretch and reach for that one… but with George R.R.'s writing style for "surprise", it wouldn't shock me in the least for this to come out of left field and happen. Rickon has been left out for such a very long time, his character needs to have some sort of higher meaning in the end… Everyone else has served a purpose in one way or another.

#45 DerBarchen

DerBarchen

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

SummerSeaCaptain said:

OT: The crappy looking horn was given from Sam to the Summer Islanders as payment for the passage from braavos to oldtown ;-) I think it would really be almost impossible that this horn return from some random captain to the wall…

~ Gee, if only there were several interested, targaryen or otherwise, parties around Essoss who are trying to get West…

I would LOVE if Tohbo Mott was related to Jhalabar Xho and thats how the horn ended up in Westeros. I am Convinced Xho has a big part to play =P

What do we think of the idea that the reason that so many people seem to satisfy the prophecy is that there are multiple Azor Ahais (Azor Ahaii? Azor Ahaits?)

#46 mulletcheese

mulletcheese

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Jon is AA reborn.

mel has never been able to do the red kiss, I'm sure she said that in the books (but I can't remember where) but she told Jon that her powers have increased since coming to the wall. I like the idea of the wall bringing Jon back from the dead, via mel, to continue his fight against the others.

the prophecy about AA said "after a long summer" and the summer officially ended, by white raven, in the last few pages of ADWD. So we can assume that AA hasn't been reborn yet.

the waking dragon from stone refers to jon's parentage.

Snow is the bastard name in the north, but Jon wasn't born in the north and was only given that name because everyone though a stark was his dad.

If Jon finds out his true parentage then his bastard name would be Stone and not Snow. If Jon was legitimised, thanks Robb, then he would go from Stone to Dragon (Targ).

#47 mulletcheese

mulletcheese

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

The term "waking the dragon" was used a lot in the first book to describe the madness found in targaryen blood, and a few times Jon has shown that he has a temper. Maybe bringing back Jon using the red kiss would make his blood madness come into play, just like beric and cat lost themselves when they came back, and that is what "waking the dragon from stone" refers to.

with possibly 3 targaryen's running around, each more perfect than the last, and not a sign of madness between them it's about time one went a a bit nuts. I like the idea of a perfect character going a bit bad, it would be a nice compliment to Jamie's reformation.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS