Homebrewed Zodiac Weapons Magisters

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

Hi everyone...looking through the list of Impossible Weapon Magnus in Dominus Exxet, most of you must have noticed that both Cancer and Sagittarius have a "superior" version named "Magister". What they both have in common is they require Attack Mastery, Dexterity 11+, 30DP and 30MK and they both allow choosing 2-3 improvements to the attacks made with the impossible weapon from a list of 6. Now, since I can't see why one should be able to reach superior mastery only with those weapons, I've homebrewed a "Magister" version for all other Zodiac Weapons. They all require some kind of Mastery, sometimes also on some secondary abilities and usually 1 Inhuman stat. I appreciate any comment on that.

ARIES MAGISTER
Requirements: Aries, Dexterity11+, Attack 200+, Block 200+
Base Weapon: All those present on the Aries.
Cost: 30 MK: 30
Choose 3 of the following advantages.
Absolute Mastery: Aires looses the Complex rule, fumbles only on a roll of 1 and treats any rolled 1 like a 3.
Chained Attacks: Aries is considered a Medium Size weapon for making additional attacks.
Defensive Spirals: Aries grants all defensive bonuses of a Full Shield.
Fast Impacts: Aries attacks from 5m distance or more may be considered as made with thrown projectiles.
Prison of Chains: When making an Area Attack with Aries, you may choose to make a Trap Maneuver on each opponent without any further Attack penalty. While using a Trap maneuver against a single target, Aries only applies only a -10 penalty and is considered as having a base Strength of 13.
Quick Release: Aries Base Speed goes from -20 to 0.

TAURUS MAGISTER
Requirements: Taurus, Strength11+, Attack 200+
Base Weapon: As for Taurus.
Destroyer: Taurus negates 2 points of AT from its targets and has +10 Breakage.
Giant Weapon: Taurus gains +40 to Base Damage, but -20 to Speed. The character can still use it, regardless of side.
Perfected Arc: Taurus suffers no more penalties for choosing targets when making an Arched Throw attack.
Strength and Speed: Taurus gains a Speed bonus equal to its users Strength if used with one hand or twice its user’s Strength if used with two hands.
Strong Impacts: When used to make Impact attacks, Taurus pushes its targets with an impact with Strength equal to that of its user.
Unstoppable: Taurus’ user gains +4 Strength bonus to the check for stopping it’s thrown Taurus trajectory.

GEMINI MAGISTER
Requirements: Gemini, Dexterity13+, Science 200+, Forge 200+
Base Weapon: Those used by the Puppets.
Improved Mechanics: Gemini Puppets produced by this puppeteer have +1 to either Strength, Dexterity or Agility for each 100 points of Science.
Independant Fingers: The puppeteer suffers only -20 all action penalty for each additional Puppet he uses.
Innovative Armorer: When producing a Gemini Puppet, you can add an additional Extraordinary Quality to the produced Puppet for each 100 points of Science.
Mass Pupeteer: Attacking with armies of lesser Puppets gives -20 Block to enemies even if they have Block Mastery. While using armies of lesser Puppets, the puppeteer may use his full Base Damage for area attacks within 3m of himself.
Master Armorer: Adds +40 to the Forge check to produce Gemini Puppets.
Threads Control: Halve penalties for using Gemini from more than 10m distance.

LEO MAGISTER
Requirements: Leo, Dexterity11+, Attack 200+
Base Weapon: None.
Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single Leo weapon. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus to other Leo Weapons, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.
Combined Attack Master: The -20 Attack penalty for the combined attack does not apply. You may use the highest Initiative out of the two weapons, when making a combined attack.
Fast Reload: Half Reload time for the weapon.
Ki Explosion: Before making a ranged attack with a Sword-Pistol or a Lance-Rifle, you may spend 1 generic Ki point to give it an Area of effect of 2m. Before making a ranged attack with a Mace-Cannon, you may spend 1 generic Ki point to increase its an Area of effect to 5m.
Piercing Attacks: Leo Attacks negate 3 points of their target’s AT.
Sniper Eye: Double range for Leo ranged weapons. You ignore all penalties for Aimed attacks with Leo.
Duelling: While using Leo for melee or combined attacks, gain +10Initiative and +10Damage.

VIRGO MAGISTER
Requirements: Virgo, Power11+, Attack 200+, Music 200+
Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single musical instrument. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus to other instruments, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen instrument.
Improved Resonation: The PhR check caused by Virgo is incremented by +20.
Massive Damage: Virgo gains +30 Damage.
Natural Playing: Using Virgo attacks only costs 1 ki point per attack, instead of 2.
Shield Resonation: Characters using Supernatural Shields to defend against Virgo attacks suffer -20 to their Defense. If they defend successfully, double Damage from Virgo to the shield.
Sonic Shield: Character using Virgo may defend as using a Supernatural Shield with Resistance Points equal to three times their Music ability, regenerating each turn a number of Resistance Points equal to their Music ability.
Sound Control: When making an Area Attack with Virgo, you may choose your targets.

LIBRA MAGISTER
Requirements: Libra, Willpower11+, Attack 220+, Defense 220+
Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single specific weapon. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus while using Libra on other weapons, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.
Charged Weapon: The character using Libra may spend 1ki before rolling initiative to make attacks that roll against Energy AT.
Fixed Bonus: You may choose one Variable Characteristic from Libra’s list and make it permanent on your weapon. You won’t be able to remove it or choose it from the list again, but it doesn’t count against the number of Variable Characteristics you may choose for your weapon.
Free Shift: Changing the shape of Libra can be done at any time during a turn as a Passive Action, without spending any ki.
Masked Weapon: While not in combat, you may choose your weapon to assume the shape of any common object, without spending any ki. You don’t require any ki to revert the shape to that of the weapon, although you must spend ki as normal to add any Variable Characteristics to it.
Mayor Change: Each time you shapechange the weapon, you may choose an additional Variable Characteristic from the list.
True Shape: Whenever you use Libra, you may choose between using Libra’s base profile or the base profile of the weapon you’re actually wielding.

SCORPIO MAGISTER
Requirements: Scorpio, Dexterity11+, Attack 200+
Armor Cutter: Scorpio negates 3 points of its target’s AT.
Greater Whirlwind: While using the Blade Whirlwind maneuver, Scorpio inflicts no penalty to the Attack ability and grants a Full Shield defensive bonus (+30Block/+15Dodge) both against melee and ranged attacks.
Improved Trapping: Scorpio may be used to make a Trap Maneuver suffering only half penalty to Attack ability from it and is considered as having a base Strength of 12.
Quick Change: Changing between the two shapes of Scorpio inflicts no penalty to Attack and/or Block abilities.
Smasher: While staying in Sword shape, Scorpio gains +10 Initiative and +20 Damage.
Sweeping Attack: The number of opponents that can be targeted with an Area Attack from the Blade Whip is doubled.

CAPRICORNIUS MAGISTER
Requirements: Capricornius, Dexterity11+, Attack 200+, Medicine 200+
Absolute Precision: Attacks from Capricornius ignore all penalties for Aimed Attacks.
Attack the Chinks: Capricornius attacks negate 3 points of their targets’ AT.
Increase Critical: Attacks from Capricornius gain +40 bonus to calculate Critical Level, instead of +20.
Lethal Charge: While using this ability, Capricornius full damage is used to assess damage to the target. While using this ability, a character cannot make additional or area attacks.
Martial Arts: While using Capricornius, the character may gain the full bonus from the following Martial Arts: Kung Fu, Xing Quan, and Mushin. For calculating PhR check difficulty caused by Mushin Attacks, consider the listed Damage value of the weapon, not its actual damage, and any eventual bonus deriving from Kung Fu, as you would do for calculating Criticals. Also add any Bonus to Criticals you might have.
Spry Attack: While making an Area Attack, the character using Capricornius can target all enemies within 10m of distance from him, but such attacks cannot be Aimed.

AQUARIUS MAGISTER
Requirements: Aquarius, Pow11+, Attack 200+, Defense 200+
Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single specific dress. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus while using Aquarius on other dresses, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.
Absolute Shielding: Character using Aquarius may defend as using a Supernatural Shield with Resistance Points equal to three times their Defense ability plus 100 points per quality bonus, regenerating each turn a number of Resistance Points equal to their Defense ability plus 50 points per quality bonus.
Area Cover: Aquarius may be used to Block both the user and any other individual present within 5m of him, suffering only a -10Defense penalty.
Continuous Wave: A character using Aquarius in this way, can make an additional attack as if equipped with an additional weapon, applying only a -10 penalty to the second attack, even if he’s not Ambidextrous.
Improved Trapping: Aquarius may be used to make a Trap Maneuver suffering only half penalty to Attack ability from it and is considered as having a base Strength of 10.
Power Charge: Before rolling initiative, the character using Aquarius may spend up to 2 ki points to rise it’s quality by +5 for each ki point spent. The bonus lasts for 1 turn.
Superior Defensive Stance: While using a Defensive Stand, the character gains the same bonus as a Full Shield and applies no penalty to his Initiative.

PISCIS MAGISTER
Requirements: Piscis, Dex11+, Attack 200+, Sleight of Hand 200+
Complex Trapping: When making a Trap Maneuver, Piscis may is considered as having a Strength equal to 1/20 of the Character’s Sleight of Hand value, up to a maximum of 16.
Fast Slaps: Piscis halves the penalties for making additional attacks.
Longer Thread: Piscis can reach enemies up to 12m away and all enemies within 6m when making an Area Attack.
Power Strike: A character using Piscis may choose to make a Power Strike, doubling the Base Damage of the weapon. When making a Power Strike, the character cannot make additional attacks the same turn.
Slam: Piscis attacks cause Impacts with a Strength equal to 1/20 of the Character’s Sleight of Hand value, up to a maximum of 16.
Superior Trap Weapon: Piscis gains the rule Trap Weapons and applies a bonus of +3 to the opposed check for disarming the opponent.

OPHIUCOS MAGISTER
Requirements: Ophiucos, Dex11+, Con11+, Pow11+, Wil11+, Attack 300+
Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single specific weapon. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus while any of your 10 weapons are different from the one you specialized in, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.
Absolute Destruction: While using the Absolute Libertation, add +2 to the result of the d10 rolled for the number of attakcs made each turn, up to a maximum of 10.
Area Destruction: While using the Area Libertation, you don’t suffer the -20 Attack penalty.
Easier Liberation: Using Absolute Liberation only needs spending half the normal amount of ki points, rounding up. Using Area Liberation only needs spending 3 ki points.
Independant Blades: While using any of the two Liberations, you may act on your own, even attacking and using any Magnus or Technique. Any Magnus or Technique used can never affect any of the Attacks made through the Liberations.
Ophiucos Variant: Instead of Swords, you can have a different class of weapons chosen from: Short Arm, Mace, Axe. You must have bought the module for the Class of Weapons your Ophiucos is made of. An Ophiucos of Short Arm weapons has -20Base Damage and -5Breakage, but has an extra +20 Initiative and the Precision special rule. An Ophiucos of Mace weapons has -10Base Damage and Impact as only possible attack type, but +5Breakage and Fortitude. An Ophiucos of Axe weapons has -30 to Initiative and Impact as Secondary Attack Type, but has +20Base Damage and +5Breakage and Fortitude.
Soul Charge: While using any of the two Liberations, Ophiucos’ attacks add either Power or Willpower bonus to the Base Damage inflicted.

#2 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

Well...feedback would have been appreciated...

#3 Sebashaw

Sebashaw

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Sorry, I have my copy since yesterday and I don't read yet that chapter!

#4 Manabu.Agent039

Manabu.Agent039

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

Looks good! I am sure a few of my players will use these, so i will report back any pos/neg feedback or tweaks needed.

#5 Sebashaw

Sebashaw

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

I like Yo-Yo, it remind me to an old  hero of anime.

And it's pretty versatile.

#6 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

Thanks guys! I'll be waiting for feedback. I myself will be using an Aries user in my next campaign, so I hope I'll be able to test at least that Magister variant...well it will require some time, of course, before I get it. They're supposed to be used by Level 8-10 characters, to begin with...

#7 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hi again. I've slightly modified the Aries Magister Magnus...it's very minor changes, but still...

ARIES MAGISTER
Absolute Mastery: Aires looses the Complex rule, fumbles only on a roll of 1 and treats any rolled 1 like a 3.
Chained Attacks: Aries is considered a Medium Size weapon except for Area Attacks it’s still considered a Great Weapon.
Defensive Coils: Aries grants all defensive bonuses of a Full Shield and the Trap Weapons special rule.
Fast Impacts: Aries attacks from 5m distance or more may be considered as made with thrown projectiles.
Prison of Chains: When making an Area Attack with Aries, you may choose to make a Trap Maneuver on each opponent without any further Attack penalty. While using a Trap maneuver against a single target, Aries only applies only a -10 penalty and is considered as having a base Strength of 13.
Quick Release: Aries Base Speed goes from -20 to 0.

Added Trap Weapon to Defensive Spirals (now defensive Coils) and slightly changed the text of Chained Attacks, so that now Aries is no longer affected from Reduced Space penalty. If I edit any other Magister you'll be acknowledged.

#8 Latoshi

Latoshi

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

I like the idea of adding magister to everything lacking it. But does ophuicos really need it?! Really!!?!

Sorry for necro posting in advance

Edited by Latoshi, 18 November 2013 - 05:57 PM.

People are not failures simply because they try and fail.

Only when they fail and give up have they truely failed.

#9 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

As long as requisites are high enough to justify a Magister Level I can't see problems with having an Ophiuco Magister. After all I think Ophiuco is far from OP.

But of course this is nothing more than my opinion and since I made these rules, it's pretty much normal that I can't see much problems with them.

A character in the party I'm currently mastering will probably develop Ophiuco and Ophiuco Magister (if he survives long enough), so I'll be able to tell you if things work-out right or not. Another character has Piscis and will probably switch to Magister as soon as possible (but is a very supernatural-oriented warlock, so it won't happen anytime soon, I fear). In another campaign a character will develop Virgo and Virgo Magister (with a Large Wind Instrument), while another will use both Taurus and Niù (see Chinese Zodiac Weapons) along their Magister versions, but since the campaign has just started, it will require a LONG time before any of those is developed.

At the moment a character in the party is employing Aquarius Magister and so far it's worked very well. It's very strong, although its strength is almost completely as a defensive tool.

Edited by ElricOfMelnibone, 20 November 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#10 Latoshi

Latoshi

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

I understand the reasoning, but Ophuicos is already a really end game thing even to those who focus in obtaining it (Powergamers). Most campaigns tend not to last that long. It is not that it is over powered is that will in a general gaming group will it ever be able to see use.

People are not failures simply because they try and fail.

Only when they fail and give up have they truely failed.

#11 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

I tend to master long campaigns with chaacters reaching high enough levels Opniuco Magister is probably achievable around Lev14-15 or so...long before Level20 anyway...

#12 ElricOfMelnibone

ElricOfMelnibone

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

Final necropost to update the Magister Version for classic Impossible Weapons.

ARIES MAGISTER

Chained Attacks: Aries is considered a Medium Size weapon except for Area Attacks it’s still considered a Great Weapon.

Defensive Spirals: Aries grants all defensive bonuses of a Full Shield and the Trap Weapons special rule.

Fast Impacts: Aries attacks may be considered as made with thrown projectiles.

Quick Release: Aries Base Speed goes from -20 to 0 and the character is considered as benefitting from the Batto Jutsu Module when using the Mass of Chains.

TAURUS MAGISTER

Requirements: Taurus, Strength11+, Attack 200+

Base Weapon: As for Taurus.

May choose to specialize on a single two-handed weapon. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus to other two-handed weapons, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.

Destroyer: Taurus negates 2 points of AT from its targets and has +10 Breakage.

Giant Weapon: Taurus gains +40 to Base Damage, but -20 to Speed. The character can still use it, regardless of side.

Perfected Arc: Taurus suffers no more penalties for choosing targets when making an Arched Throw attack.

Strength and Speed: Taurus gains a Speed bonus equal to its users Strength if used with one hand or twice its user’s Strength if used with two hands.

Strong Impacts: When used to make Impact attacks, Taurus inflicts on its targets an Impact with Strength equal to that of its user.

Unstoppable: Taurus’ user gains +4 Strength bonus to the check for stopping it’s thrown Taurus trajectory.

GEMINI MAGISTER

Requirements: Gemini, Dexterity13+, Science 200+, Forge 200+

Base Weapon: Those used by the Puppets.

Improved Mechanics: Gemini Puppets produced by this puppeteer have +1 to either Strength, Dexterity or Agility for each 100 points of Science.

Independent Fingers: The puppeteer suffers only -20 all action penalty for each additional Puppet he uses.

Innovative Crafter: When producing a Gemini Puppet, you can add an additional Extraordinary Quality to the produced Puppet for each 100 points of Science.

Mass Puppeteer: Attacking with armies of lesser Puppets gives -20 Block to enemies even if they have Block Mastery. While using armies of lesser Puppets, the puppeteer may use his full Base Damage for area attacks within 3m of himself.

Master Crafter: Adds +40 to the Forge check to produce Gemini Puppets.

Threads Control: Halve penalties for using Gemini from more than 10m distance.

CANCER MAGISTER

VEDI DOMINUS EXXET

LEO MAGISTER

Requirements: Leo, Dexterity11+, Attack 200+

Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single Leo weapon. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus to other Leo Weapons, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.

Combined Attack Master: The -20 Attack penalty for the combined attack does not apply. You may use the highest Initiative out of the two weapons, when making a combined attack.

Fast Reload: Half Reload time for the weapon.

Ki Explosion: Before making a ranged attack with a Sword-Pistol or a Lance-Rifle, you may spend 1 generic Ki point to give it an Area of effect of 2m. Before making a ranged attack with a Mace-Cannon, you may spend 1 generic Ki point to increase its an Area of effect to 5m.

Piercing Attacks: Leo Attacks negate 3 points of their target’s AT.

Sniper Eye: Double range for Leo ranged weapons. You ignore all penalties for Aimed attacks with Leo.

Duelling: While using Leo for melee or combined attacks, gain +10Initiative and +10Damage.

VIRGO MAGISTER

Requirements: Virgo, Power11+, Attack 200+, Music 200+

Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single musical instrument. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus to other instruments, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen instrument.

Improved Resonation: The difficulty of PhR and PsR checks caused by Virgo is incremented by +20.

Massive Damage: Virgo gains +30 Damage.

Natural Playing: Using Virgo attacks only costs 1 ki point per attack, instead of 2.

Shield Resonation: Characters using Supernatural Shields to defend against Virgo attacks suffer -20 to their Defense. If they defend successfully, double Damage from Virgo to the shield.

Sonic Shield: Character using Virgo may defend as using a Supernatural Shield with Resistance Points equal to three times their Music ability, regenerating each turn a number of Resistance Points equal to their Music ability.

Sound Control: When making an Area Attack with Virgo, you may choose your targets.

LIBRA MAGISTER

Requirements: Libra, Willpower11+, Attack 220+, Defense 220+

Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single specific weapon. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus while using Libra on other weapons, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.

Charged Weapon: The character using Libra may spend 1ki before rolling initiative to make attacks that roll against Energy AT.

Fixed Bonus: You may choose one Variable Characteristic from Libra’s list and make it permanent on your weapon. You won’t be able to remove it or choose it from the list again, but it doesn’t count against the number of Variable Characteristics you may choose for your weapon.

Free Shift: Changing the shape of Libra can be done at any time during a turn as a Passive Action, without spending any ki.

Masked Weapon: While not in combat, you may choose your weapon to assume the shape of any common object, without spending any ki. You don’t require any ki to revert the shape to that of the weapon, although you must spend ki as normal to add any Variable Characteristics to it.

Mayor Change: Each time you shapechange the weapon, you may choose an additional Variable Characteristic from the list.

True Shape: Whenever you use Libra, you may choose between using Libra’s base profile or the base profile of the weapon you’re actually wielding.

SCORPIO MAGISTER

Requirements: Scorpio, Dexterity11+, Attack 200+

Armor Cutter: Scorpio negates 3 points of its target’s AT.

Greater Whirlwind: While using the Blade Whirlwind maneuver, Scorpio inflicts no penalty to the Attack ability and grants a Full Shield defensive bonus (+30Block/+15Dodge) both against melee and ranged attacks.

Improved Trapping: Scorpio may be used to make a Trap Maneuver suffering only half penalty to Attack ability from it and is considered as having a base Strength of 12.

Quick Change: Changing between the two shapes of Scorpio inflicts no penalty to Attack and/or Block abilities.

Smasher: While staying in Sword shape, Scorpio gains +10 Initiative and +20 Damage.

Sweeping Attack: The number of opponents that can be targeted with an Area Attack from the Blade Whip is doubled.

SAGITTARIUS MAGISTER

VEDI DOMINUS EXXET

CAPRICORNIUS MAGISTER

Requirements: Capricornius, Dexterity11+, Attack 200+, Medicine 200+

Absolute Precision: Attacks from Capricornius ignore all penalties for Aimed Attacks.

Attack the Chinks: Capricornius attacks negate 3 points of their targets’ AT.

Increase Critical: Attacks from Capricornius gain +40 bonus to calculate Critical Level, instead of +20.

Lethal Charge: While using this ability, Capricornius full damage is used to assess damage to the target. While using this ability, a character cannot make additional or area attacks.

Martial Arts: While using Capricornius, the character may gain the full bonus from the following Martial Arts: Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Xing Quan, Soo Bahk, Kalaripayat, Ninjutsu,  Xingyiquan, Suyanta, Velez, Asakusen, Mushin, Hanja, and Shunsatsu. For calculating PhR check difficulty caused by Mushin Attacks, consider the listed Damage value of the weapon, not its actual damage, and any eventual bonus deriving from Kung Fu, as you would do for calculating Criticals. Also add any Bonus to Criticals you might have.

Spry Attack: While making an Area Attack, the character using Capricornius can target all enemies within 10m of distance from him, but such attacks cannot be Aimed.

AQUARIUS MAGISTER

Requirements: Aquarius, Wil11+, Attack 200+, Defense 200+

Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single specific dress. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus while using Aquarius on other dresses, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.

Absolute Shielding: Character using Aquarius may defend as using a Supernatural Shield with Resistance Points equal to three times their Defense ability plus 100 points per quality bonus, regenerating each turn a number of Resistance Points equal to their Defense ability plus 50 points per quality bonus.

Area Cover: Aquarius may be used to Block both attacks directed against the user and any other individual present within 5m of him, suffering only a -10Defense penalty. If the character has the Shield Dodge Module, he may use his Dodge ability instead of Block. Using this ability has a cost of 2 Ki points.

Continuous Wave: A character using Aquarius in this way, can make an additional attack as if equipped with an additional weapon, applying only a -10 penalty to the second attack, even if he’s not Ambidextrous.

Improved Trapping: Aquarius may be used to make a Trap Maneuver suffering only half penalty to Attack ability from it and is considered as having a base Strength of 10.

Power Charge: Before rolling initiative, the character using Aquarius may spend up to 2 ki points to rise it’s quality by +5 for each ki point spent, up to a maximum Quality of +25. The bonus lasts for 1 turn.

Superior Defensive Stance: While using a Total Defense or a Defensive Movement maneuver, the character gains the same bonus as a Full Shield and applies no penalty to his Initiative.

PISCIS MAGISTER

Requirements: Piscis, Dex11+, Attack 200+, Sleight of Hand 200+

Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on either bladed or non-bladed yo-yos. If you do, you don’t get any Magister bonus while using the non-chosen yo-yo type, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.

Complex Trapping: When making a Trap Maneuver, Piscis may is considered as having a Strength equal to 1/20 of the Character’s Sleight of Hand value, up to a maximum of 16.

Fast Slaps: Piscis halves the penalties for making Additional Attacks.

Longer Thread: Piscis can reach enemies up to 12m away and all enemies within 6m when making an Area Attack.

Power Strike: A character using Piscis may choose to make a Power Strike, doubling the Base Damage of the weapon. When making a Power Strike, the character cannot make additional attacks the same turn.

Slam: Piscis attacks cause Impacts with a Strength equal to 1/20 of the Character’s Sleight of Hand value, up to a maximum of 16.

Superior Trap Weapon: Piscis gains the rule Trap Weapons and applies a bonus of +3 to the opposed check for disarming the opponent.

OPHIUCOS MAGISTER

Requirements: Ophiucos, Dex11+, Con11+, Pow11+, Wil11+, Attack 300+

Choose 2 of the following advantages. May choose to specialize on a single specific weapon. If you do, you don’t get any Magister Bonus while any of your 10 weapons are different from the one you specialized in, but may choose 3 of the following advantages for the chosen weapon.

Absolute Destruction: While using the Absolute Libertation, add +2 to the result of the d10 rolled for the number of attacks made each turn, up to a maximum of 10.

Area Destruction: While using the Area Libertation, you don’t suffer the -20 Attack penalty.

Easier Liberation: Using Absolute Liberation only needs spending half the normal amount of ki points, rounding up. Using Area Liberation only needs spending 3 ki points.

Independent Blades: While using any of the two Liberations, you may act on your own, even attacking and using any Magnus or Technique. Any Magnus or Technique used can never affect any of the Attacks made through the Liberations.

Ophiucos Variant: Instead of Swords, you can have a different class of weapons chosen from: Short Arm, Mace, Axe. You must have bought the module for the Class of Weapons your Ophiucos is made of. An Ophiucos of Short Arm weapons has -20Base Damage and -5Breakage, but has an extra +20 Initiative and the Precision special rule. An Ophiucos of Mace weapons has -10Base Damage and Impact as only possible attack type, but +5Breakage and Fortitude. An Ophiucos of Axe weapons has -30 to Initiative and Impact as Secondary Attack Type, but has +20Base Damage and +5Breakage and Fortitude.

Soul Charge: While using any of the two Liberations, Ophiucos’ attacks may add either Power or Willpower bonus to the Base Damage inflicted.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS