Photo

What theme to come next from FFG in the LCG format?

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#201 skwizzle

skwizzle

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

Apparently the V:TES LCG wasn't just a rumor, hoax, or whatever! But don't get your hopes up. According to a Fantasy Flight rep, as well as their CEO (!), in this BoardGameGeek thread, FFG did look into a Vampire / Jyhad remake, but it fell through for some reason.

I'm sure some other company will pick up the idea and run with it, though.

#202 otomo

otomo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

I want Star Trek :) 

#203 EricAP

EricAP

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

Well, after read all replies to this topic, I'd like to share my thoughts too.

I'm still sad because my favorite card game was discontinued: Warhammer Invasion. I think it had the best mechanic.

I’m still waiting for an LCG with robots/machines, and I’d like to suggest Heavy Gear, before they do something like what others have done turning Warmachine/Hordes into High Command… But it could be based on Transformers (lots of source) as well.

I really liked the idea of someone else (sorry, I don’t remember who) of doing a new solo/co-op based on Fallout. I said this because: 1) I think it’s an amazing history that could be well used (despite my fear of being not long enough) and 2) I like the solo mode because the low variety of good solo games and the difficult to find players of some LCG’s.

If they wanted some historical-themed like some suggested (sounds good to me, but I think sounds bad for Fantasy Flight… - well, just seem not to be the kind of stuff they would do), I propose something like Anachronism (that for me is the father of the modern LCG) or maybe even something based on mythology (just like Age Mythology - I know, but there are lots of cultures around…).

And I think that something based on sea is still missing, so I suggest an LCG based/similar to ShadowSea or DeepWars (conceptually very interesting, but - excuse-me - poorly executed…), both from Antimatter Games.

Anyway, I’d like to see new, different and exciting game mechanics (sorry, W40K looks beautiful - what is always good, but still not persuade me…), preferably with solo mode (but not only this mode...).

Thanks. J

#204 Snowhive

Snowhive

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

And I think that something based on sea is still missing

Thats sound interesting. Some Line-Battles with ships. Or a Pirate bases setting.....

#205 c08

c08

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

Single player mode - this is first what I look for when I check game. Usually I play solitaire.

Nosferatu theme - vampires, werewolves, zombies, hunters with big guns, big blades, crosses and holy water. This would be quite interesting theme.

#206 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Okay, so I've been thinking...

I'm not sure if many of you remember, but there was this awesome super-hero card game around 2006 called VS system. Not only was the theme awesome, but the game play was phenomenal as well! It would be the perfect LCG.

• KennedyHawk likes this

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS