• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:08 AM

Ignatz_Von_Zwakh said:

Imperial Guard Vs. Flayed Ones? An abandoned bunker? Cue the ambient music, the sound of cold metal dragged along rusted corridor floors? Trapped in the trenches? Anyone think this sounds bitchin'?

Sounds awesome in terms of flavor and thematics.

However, the Marines die way too easy in the game already, I can't imagine how squishy Imp Guard would have to be. If they died by the same statistics as the current marines, it'd make terminator armor a big joke. So it'd probably only work as another standalone game using similar mechanics, not really as a compatible expansion.

#22 r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

Personally, I'd like to see more going on in the blip piles. When I first got the game, it was a bit of a bummer that the only difference between blips was what symbols they moved on. I'd love to see a few GS hybrids, or other Tyranid nasties in the piles, with some "comes into play" abilities or simple active powers. Nothing terribly complicated, but just a little different to spice it up.

Even if you just kept it genestealers, there could be a few blip cards intended to play up that they are indeed just "blips on a scanner" until you can confirm them visually. So you could have a card that's not a stealer, but just a sensor anomaly, and is discarded upon being drawn. Then, to compensate for that, you'd have cards that when they come into play either make you spawn another genestealer at their location, or cause you to put another couple blips in the smallest blip pile, etc. Of course, this would further ramp up the random elements of a game that is already largely dominated by luck, but I think it might be fun and kinda cool.

#23 Geistwandler

Geistwandler

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

There were already nice ideas by previous posts but I have also some interesting ideas by myself.

1. More Location/Terrain cards with encounter features

2. Different Space Marine Chapters like Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, etc.

3. Equipment cards (besides Support Tokens) to gain different equipment for your Terminators like Armour Plating (more Hitpoints), Weapon Target Systems (increase Range for attacking), First Aid Kit (revive a dead Space Marine), etc.

4. A campaign mode

There are tons of new options to increase the depth of this already awsome game. I am sure FFG will do a good job for the future.

#24 Morkalg

Morkalg

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

I really like this idea! 

Game Designer and Lead Writer

www.7sensesgaming.com

#25 Morkalg

Morkalg

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

Nellistos said:

Add a campaign mode.

Transfer surviving marines to next mission. Use scoring points to purchase support tokens etc..

I really like this idea.

(and I really hate these forums)

Game Designer and Lead Writer

www.7sensesgaming.com

#26 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

I am umptillionth person who supports more PoD expansions. Does FFG see these? Bought this game and PoDs, and I hunger for more.

#27 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Wish fulfilled! Thanks FFG. Keep printing these out and I will keep buying.

#28 Snibe

Snibe

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

The new Tyranid expansion sounds like it's going to be great.  This'll make one of my favorite games even better.

#29 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

Geistwandler said:

There were already nice ideas by previous posts but I have also some interesting ideas by myself.

1. More Location/Terrain cards with encounter features

2. Different Space Marine Chapters like Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, etc.

3. Equipment cards (besides Support Tokens) to gain different equipment for your Terminators like Armour Plating (more Hitpoints), Weapon Target Systems (increase Range for attacking), First Aid Kit (revive a dead Space Marine), etc.

4. A campaign mode

There are tons of new options to increase the depth of this already awsome game. I am sure FFG will do a good job for the future.

Yeah, I second that. Additionally, a team white is a missing color. I would like to see a paladin or white-knight look.

Chaos marines or a chaos marine boss would be really sweet. New event deck that can create new terrains that come with the expansion deck (i.e. "Hidden Room").

Lastly, plague zombies would be awesome, all having a special ability that if a space marine is slain by a particular swarm attack, then spawn a special Zombie Space Marine with the swarm, making it more tough and lethal.

#30 JackhammerJohn

JackhammerJohn

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

You know, this might be slightly off topic, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Space Marine card game in the same vein Battleground: Fantasy Warfare series of cards.  Basically miniatures in card form in the battlefield.

#31 Polaria

Polaria

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

I'd say more teams is something l'd like to see. However, to avoid "power creep", I'd say the new teams would need to replace existing 8 teams. Maybe 8 new teams, each from different Chapters making up a "Deathwatch" expansion?

As for Enemies and Missions I would like to see an alternate Chaos Mission pack with all new chaos-flavored location cards and a deck of Chaos Space Marines instead of Genestealers.

#32 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Polaria said:

I'd say more teams is something l'd like to see. However, to avoid "power creep", I'd say the new teams would need to replace existing 8 teams. Maybe 8 new teams, each from different Chapters making up a "Deathwatch" expansion?

As for Enemies and Missions I would like to see an alternate Chaos Mission pack with all new chaos-flavored location cards and a deck of Chaos Space Marines instead of Genestealers.

Yeah, I agree with all that you have said.

#33 Uncle Kulikov

Uncle Kulikov

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

Agreed on the Campaign rules, that would be great. Especially with experience, maybe equipment upgrades.

I'd like a larger expansion, perhaps a second standalone box set, with Orks and their Roks. They seem to infest hulks and the star lanes, and having a separate box set would allow for a second rulebook and such.

A collector's tin would also be neat, one that could hold the core game plus expansions and have cases/bags for the different types of cards, and more dice (perhaps one of each team color) for the fanciness).

#34 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

Uncle Kulikov said:

Agreed on the Campaign rules, that would be great. Especially with experience, maybe equipment upgrades.

I'd like a larger expansion, perhaps a second standalone box set, with Orks and their Roks. They seem to infest hulks and the star lanes, and having a separate box set would allow for a second rulebook and such.

A collector's tin would also be neat, one that could hold the core game plus expansions and have cases/bags for the different types of cards, and more dice (perhaps one of each team color) for the fanciness).

I am almost finished with the THQ Space Marine game and I think that would be a great idea: plus playing that game helped me visualize what some of these areas look like on the Space Hulk because of the underground labs in the video game. Personally, I would like to see too the Chaos Marines and how sometimes the marines can be "turned".

Also, I would like to see a new faction/squad of Space Marines with new ability cards. They come with same colors but different details to show who is space marine "red team" and who is new faction/squad "red team". Still need a team white (and the red marine cards look too much orange already).

Question: are we playing with regular Space Marines or Ultramarines? If not Ultramarines, they could make the new squad that, making the game easier but the cards used acknowledge the power creep, so die hard fans of the preset hard difficulty can still use old teams or a mix between old and new, and friends who hate this game because they haven't won yet can return with stronger guys! ... I hear a distant series of "boos" coming on...

#35 Uncle Kulikov

Uncle Kulikov

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Tromdial said:

Question: are we playing with regular Space Marines or Ultramarines? If not Ultramarines, they could make the new squad that, making the game easier but the cards used acknowledge the power creep, so die hard fans of the preset hard difficulty can still use old teams or a mix between old and new, and friends who hate this game because they haven't won yet can return with stronger guys! ... I hear a distant series of "boos" coming on...

The marines in this game are from the Blood Angels chapter, they have a more glorious background than the Ultramarines. My problem with the game is when I don't make any mistakes, but I still lose due to dice. Like when there is nothing that could be done differently, and still the game is over. I don't think power creep will be an issue, but I haven't played with the expansions yet so....Ill hold my tongue.

#36 Polaria

Polaria

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

Uncle Kulikov said:

Tromdial said:

The marines in this game are from the Blood Angels chapter, they have a more glorious background than the Ultramarines. My problem with the game is when I don't make any mistakes, but I still lose due to dice. Like when there is nothing that could be done differently, and still the game is over. I don't think power creep will be an issue, but I haven't played with the expansions yet so....Ill hold my tongue.

Fluffwise the Ultramarines are regular marines. Infact they are the essence of regular marines, a sort of "baseline" against which the less-regular ones are compared...

Anyway, I recently tested the combat teams and the enemy expansions and the only power creep I have noticed is the reverse one considering enemy. The two new combat teams (Chaplain and Cyclone) are, IMO, balanced against the original ones but the enemy expansion (red location cards and adrenal genestealers) is considerably harder than basic set. It is beatable, but, IMO, it is the "hard mode". Tyranids expansion, however, seems to be on the same level with original game. Different, yes, but not harder. 

#37 Polaria

Polaria

• Members
  • 734 posts

Uncle Kulikov said:

Tromdial said:

Fluffwise the Ultramarines are regular marines. Infact they are the essence of regular marines, a sort of "baseline" against which the less-regular ones are compared...

Anyway, I recently tested the combat teams and the enemy expansions and the only power creep I have noticed is the reverse one considering enemy. The two new combat teams (Chaplain and Cyclone) are, IMO, balanced against the original ones but the enemy expansion (red location cards and adrenal genestealers) is considerably harder than basic set. It is beatable, but, IMO, it is the "hard mode". Tyranids expansion, however, seems to be on the same level with original game. Different, yes, but not harder. 

#38 Polaria

Polaria

• Members
  • 734 posts

Uncle Kulikov said:

Tromdial said:

#39 Polaria

Polaria

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

Uncle Kulikov said:

Tromdial said:

#40 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

idk how, but for whatever reasons I find the Tyranid deck to be easier than the genestealer deck (and statistically, tyranids ARE harder). So far, I've played 5 games and haven't lost yet against Tyranids.

thanks for the info on space marines, ultramarines, and death angels

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS