Photo

SacTown Mafia... the thread that cannot die!

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#21 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

I will bring a couple of decks then! 

Oh, and we can probably find that tabletop card minis game that people were playing at GenCon...gosh I can't think of the name...it really actually looked cool. 

Oh, King eh? Very nice...

#22 ●Kefka●

●Kefka●

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

Anachronism right?

Dude, that game kicked so much ass.  It lasted for 7 sets.

#23 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:52 AM

No he means Battleground it is essentially warhammer fanatasy but instead of minatures there are cards that contain the unit and the info about the unit that you need and they are lamenated in such away that you can keep track of unit health and other stats/effects on the card itself. Its fun (if you like warhammer) and is supposed to be for those that want to play that kind of game on the cheap and right out of the box.

Rings, i'm surprised you remembered it. ~I guess it was the last good memory before the finals that day.

#24 Sandhawk89

Sandhawk89

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

When the STM dies, the will be a sad day.

#25 ●Kefka●

●Kefka●

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:37 AM

Ronnie, as long as a youthful energy and curiousity exists in the hearts of man, the STM will never die. 

Any of you guys want to help me playtest my Final Fantasy card game? I'm uploading demo decks for it soon.

If you do, it's at www.fftcg.blogspot.com

I also wanted to invite you guys over to my place to drink and play PS3.  If you're down, text me or email me.  Those are the best ways to reach me.

#26 cha0s

cha0s

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:54 AM

Hey STM!

Just a friendly reminder that CaliCon 2009 is approaching rapidly.  September 12th and 13th

I know many of you dont have the most recent cards but I do have extra decks available for those of you who are tempted to get back into it...Ronnie, Brando, Matt, Erwo, Jesse, the Kingg <--- is he even still alive?

Anyways, think it over...we miss you guys!    <--- not entirely sure this emoticon is appropriate, oh well.

#27 J Mac

J Mac

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:07 AM

New to the boards, but wanted to let someone out there know that there is a spark of hope for Thrones out here in Sac.

Let's try to get some kind of movement happening out here again. I'm tired of looking and not playing with my cards.

Anyone out there in Sac interested in playing?

#28 ●Kefka●

●Kefka●

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

Whoa, the next generation of Sac!

J Mac, last I checked, all of the former sacramento players were out of the game.

If you really like the game though, tell your friends about it, we all used to play at Great Escape Games behind Ross on Howe and Hurley, maybe you can get a new playgroup going there.

And if not, the bay area is still full of players who'd like to throw down with you.  They hold their own con (that I am guilty of not attending) which is supposed to be awesome, and then there is kublacon in burlingame also.

They're all great people and fantastic players, I guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed if you made the trip out there to play.

Good luck man! It truly is a great game, we're all just so dusty and elitist that we couldn't accept change :P

#29 J Mac

J Mac

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:37 AM

●Kefka● said:

Good luck man! It truly is a great game, we're all just so dusty and elitist that we couldn't accept change :P

Sounds like an excuse to me. :-)

I understand that FFG left you hanging when the new format came out, but the latest cards in Thrones have a lot of potential that will make the game what it used to be.

As for elitist, I would expect them to adapt to changes, not shy away from a challenge.

#30 Deathjester26

Deathjester26

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:33 AM

lol.... look at J Mac calling out the STM!!!

BTW, J Mac is cha0s' brother, so he knows about you guys already.... just saying... so you guys don't form a posse to take him out or anything

#31 J Mac

J Mac

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

If the posse forms against me in Thrones, then I encourage it.  

#32 ●Kefka●

●Kefka●

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

J Mac said:

â—?Kefkaâ—? said:

Sounds like an excuse to me. :-)

I understand that FFG left you hanging when the new format came out, but the latest cards in Thrones have a lot of potential that will make the game what it used to be.

As for elitist, I would expect them to adapt to changes, not shy away from a challenge.

Nice to meet you! Your brother is a cool guy.

But yeah, the game isn't the same.  Sorry, man.  I was kind of rolling with it for awhile because of habit formed interest, but that died out when they banned all of my cards.

#33 Wyndwalker

Wyndwalker

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:37 AM

A sad day to find this thread on the second page, think back of the old days of the mafia. When the game was strong, booze was plentyful and a new woman to bed every night.

The days of stories like "3 items." and "What am i suppose do with these?"..still flowed throughout the game's community. Where people who just read our thread and out of the 500 pages , only 2 would be about Thrones. We had many allies and taken over another thread or two.

I look out and see someone new to the area that challenged us, there was a time when we would rally up to beat down the new person til we accepted him and toss him under one of the houses. But now the horns are silent, no banners being called, most of us haven't even spoken since Winter came oh so long ago. It sad really, for all the new faces that the game has brought in none of them have never heard of the old days, of metas from north, south,east and west. Or of DrunkDraft or some of the worst cards ever made, or temptations of a red harlot sweeping through some of the great icons of this game. The creation of the Hoe's guard and so many other groups.

Oh there might a few of older folks left , telling bards stories of a wonderful time in the land of Westeros. But i haven't heard many, Just like the mafia. We are but just a whisper in the wind, and statue now crumbling and covered in vines, a nation that has gone silent.

(I feel like i need a rocking chair,a glass of booze and the bubba stick when telling stories like this)

#34 Maester_LUke

Maester_LUke

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:56 AM

Wyndwalker said:

(I feel like i need a rocking chair,a glass of booze and the bubba stick when telling stories like this)

You are a crotchety old man, Papito.

#35 Syd

Syd

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:32 AM

KublaCon Update!

A Game of Thrones now has 3 superb events scheduled for KublaCon weekend in Burlingame, California for May 29-30.

Saturday 11am-5pm : LCG Joust Tournament, 4-5 rounds of Swiss with a cut to top 8 and single elimination.

Saturday 6pm-11pm : Legacy and LCG CUBE draft! If you have never experienced draft, this is your chance to experience an incredibly fun format. All draft supplies are provided...all you need do show up ready to put your skills to the test. Draft may be the most fun, unpredictable format in Thrones.

Sunday: 10am-4pm: LCG Melee. We will have 3-4 table rounds, with a cut to the final four table. Melee is the ultimate test of skill and awareness. Pit yourself against three opponents at once for some seriously mind-bending and swingy play. There's no telling who will finish atop the midden heap in a melee!

The Ironmen of the Easy Bay would like to invite all California players to this amazing Con. Even if you're not from California, there are many that can attest to the quality and fun of KublaCon. There are so many games to choose from, a weekend spent here will never be boring. Come on, make the trip, you know you want to!

www.kublacon.com

If you purchase an advanced weekend pass on or before February 28th, the cost is only $35 for four days of unlimited gaming. The pass gets you into ALL games at the convention, not just Thrones!

SacTown...the time is now.

#36 ●Kefka●

●Kefka●

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:00 PM

I might get to go to Kubla.  Someone took my days, but hey! Lo and behold, she was laid off! so I might get them again.

Ahhh, good ol' three items.  And the nickel, and garye racing down the hills of seattle, and card thieves, and cheaters, and people who don't deserve the rat pack, and first turn gathering storm and swing the sword, and the irritating 3 cost greyjoy guy who steals your money, and the big pink monster, and the davis kids, and the todd, and that weird guy who ran fake tourneys and stole the promos, and renly's ghost, and 20 piece chicken mcnuggets, and trading jesse green dreams for rioting, and the Giant card that attaches the eyrie as a weapon, and Eric Lang trying hot wings for the first time, and Erwo's sandwich kits, and Brooks psyching himself up by listening to hoobastank, and 20 player multis, and immediately pulling the cards Keaton traded for online, and Jesse stealing Sean's cards, and our kickass bowler shirts, and trying to siege other threads when ours wouldn't load, and watching Jesse drink prairie-fire shots, and shadowcat when it was cool, and for gods sake...Bronn in the game. 

I am not bitter, and I do not miss the old days.

#37 Black Sword

Black Sword

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:40 AM

●Kefka● said:

I might get to go to Kubla.  Someone took my days, but hey! Lo and behold, she was laid off! so I might get them again.

Ahhh, good ol' three items.  And the nickel, and garye racing down the hills of seattle, and card thieves, and cheaters, and people who don't deserve the rat pack, and first turn gathering storm and swing the sword, and the irritating 3 cost greyjoy guy who steals your money, and the big pink monster, and the davis kids, and the todd, and that weird guy who ran fake tourneys and stole the promos, and renly's ghost, and 20 piece chicken mcnuggets, and trading jesse green dreams for rioting, and the Giant card that attaches the eyrie as a weapon, and Eric Lang trying hot wings for the first time, and Erwo's sandwich kits, and Brooks psyching himself up by listening to hoobastank, and 20 player multis, and immediately pulling the cards Keaton traded for online, and Jesse stealing Sean's cards, and our kickass bowler shirts, and trying to siege other threads when ours wouldn't load, and watching Jesse drink prairie-fire shots, and shadowcat when it was cool, and for gods sake...Bronn in the game. 

I am not bitter, and I do not miss the old days.

..... And the Knight of the Shadows a Kinggsguard from the Bay wielding the Black Sword..... Who won the Sansa prize at CapitalCon and received a bag to carry his sorry @$$ home in... I still have that bag and use it weekly for gaming...

I'll be at Kubla, but I'm helping some friends demo their miniatures game (This Quar's War), so I don't know how much Thrones I might get in.    Come visit next to the Endgame booth.

#38 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

I will stop by for sure if I make it (probably 60/40 right now trending the right way!) forsure. 

I will also be bringing the cube - we had more people for the cube draft than the normal tourney last year (including a TON of SacTowners). 

Darkness!!!  Darkness all around me!

Oh, King eh? Very nice...

#39 Syd

Syd

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:10 AM

*opens the door slowly...peeks around the corner, lantern held high to cast back the shadows and reveal the silvery cobwebs that festoon this thread*

"Anyone home?"

Hey! Sactown! Is anybody planning on attending KublaCon this year? If so, anyone planning on joining in at the AGOT Regional Championship on Saturday? I hope that some players will read this and decide to give it a go. The players are still amazing people, and we have a pretty great lineup of events. Also, the prize support this year is off the hook!  Regional Power counters, playmats, trophy, card sheets, art prints, pins, product, you name it!

If you are going to be there but don' t have cards and don't have practice, just let us know. We will be bringing lots of competitive decks (modeled after current successful/winning decks) if you want to use one. Just let me or Chaos know, and we'll make sure we meet up to get some practice games in.

Come on guys, it's just a week away...you know you wanna play some Thrones!

Syd

#40 Sandhawk89

Sandhawk89

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

SacTown Mafia!!! The meta that doesn't dies!!! It just conquers other games!!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS