• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 jeremyj621

jeremyj621

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

Visitors from the Stars, revised:

I made the scenario a little less lethal than my original version. It should still be challenging though.

#22 jeremyj621

jeremyj621

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

As its name implies, Sightseeing allows players to focus more on becoming familiar with encounters at the various locations rather than having to worry about closing gates or dealing with monsters. Ideal for beginning players or anyone who just wants to enjoy the encounters without the pressures of the other game aspects. Once monsters or gates appear on the Arkham board as the result of a Mythos card's special effects, players can deal with them or just let them be and let the game run as normal from that point on.

#23 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

jeremyj621 said:

As its name implies, Sightseeing allows players to focus more on becoming familiar with encounters at the various locations rather than having to worry about closing gates or dealing with monsters. Ideal for beginning players or anyone who just wants to enjoy the encounters without the pressures of the other game aspects. Once monsters or gates appear on the Arkham board as the result of a Mythos card's special effects, players can deal with them or just let them be and let the game run as normal from that point on.

Hmmm...  Kind of an interesting idea.  Lacks tension though.  I'd say start the game with no clues on the board, and do not draw mythos cards for the first several turns, mark them with doom tokens on that card.  Then once those turns are up, the game starts as normal (place clues, start placing gates).

#24 jeremyj621

jeremyj621

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

The reason I came up with a Dunwich Horror scenario is that under the normal ruies, it's EXTREMELY EASY to keep the Dunwich Horror from appearing on the board, even when using the Herald. I wanted a scenario that makes it more likely that the Dunwich Horror will appear and impact the game and that plays out somewhat like the Lovecraft story. Since FFG didn't include Wilbur Whateley in the game (and the Setup mentions him), here he is:

The image is by John L. Cherevka (I have seen the same image on various web sites credited to different artists, but the original image has John's signature on it...even the ones posted by those other artists! If I were John, I'd be cracking down on those guys taking credit for work that isn't theirs). Wilbur can be used outside this scenario as well, but you must be playing with the Dunwich board to use him.

#25 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:33 AM

Won't Sentinel Hill *always* be closer for Wilbur?

#26 Adelphophage

Adelphophage

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

I always assumed Wizard Whateley was Wilbur...  Would it therefore be a bit odd having both kicking around?

#27 jeremyj621

jeremyj621

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Avi_dreader said:

Won't Sentinel Hill *always* be closer for Wilbur?

For this scenario, yes. I added the Library if players want to use Wilbur outside this scenario. If he appears as a random monster in Arkham, the Library could be closer.

#28 Veet

Veet

• Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

Adelphophage said:

I always assumed Wizard Whateley was Wilbur...  Would it therefore be a bit odd having both kicking around?

Nope I'm pretty sure he is supposed to be Wilbur's grandfather who is never given a first name in the story and is referred to as both Old Whateley and Wizard Whateley.

#29 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:15 AM

Veet said:

Adelphophage said:

Nope I'm pretty sure he is supposed to be Wilbur's grandfather who is never given a first name in the story and is referred to as both Old Whateley and Wizard Whateley.

I share your opinion on that matter... :-)

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

#30 jeremyj621

jeremyj621

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

It's been a while since I posted any new content for Arkham Horror (been rather busy lately). Here are two new scenarios. I playtested them and think they work well. Let me know what you think!

This scenario picks up where the Lovecraft story, "Out of the Aeons" left off. Here is the petrified mummy required for this scenario:

A continuation from another Lovecraft story, "Horror in the Museum."

#31 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:05 AM

I assume you intended to say that if the investigators awaken Rhan, his doom track isn't filled.  But in that case, wouldn't the Horror From the Museum be really easy?

#32 jeremyj621

jeremyj621

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

Avi_dreader said:

I assume you intended to say that if the investigators awaken Rhan, his doom track isn't filled.  But in that case, wouldn't the Horror From the Museum be really easy?

I always assumed that if an AO awakens due to a game effect other than its doom track filling up, its doom track is automatically filled up to maximum. If that isn't always the case, I apologize for any confusion and should add that if Rhan-Tegoth awakens early, his doom track is filled to maximum.

#33 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

jeremyj621 said:

Avi_dreader said:

I always assumed that if an AO awakens due to a game effect other than its doom track filling up, its doom track is automatically filled up to maximum. If that isn't always the case, I apologize for any confusion and should add that if Rhan-Tegoth awakens early, his doom track is filled to maximum.

No, it is, I am just confused why a person would spend clues to wake up Rhan faster?  So, I assumed you didn't know that rule when you wrote that.  I mean...  Pretty much the only advantage to doing that is making sure that everyone has fresh blessings.  But still.

#34 jeremyj621

jeremyj621

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Avi_dreader said:

No, it is, I am just confused why a person would spend clues to wake up Rhan faster?  So, I assumed you didn't know that rule when you wrote that.  I mean...  Pretty much the only advantage to doing that is making sure that everyone has fresh blessings.  But still.

That's true. I wanted this scenario to play out more like a story rather than a traditional session of Arkham Horror where everyone is scampering to close gates before the Ancient One awawkens. If everyone feels their investigator is equipped for the final battle, this scenario offers them an opportunity to rush right in without having to wait (an investigator needs three clue tokens to enter the Administration building, but those tokens aren't spent to initiate the final battle). This scenario makes for a good short game if players don't have the time to play a full game.

#35 jeremyj621

jeremyj621

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

OK, I revised my Horror from the Museum scenario. I realized there had to be some incentive for players to want to awaken Rhan-Tegoth early.

#36 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

As you may know, I really like the no-gate games. Though this scenario is exclusively oriented to the final battle against the AO. Therefore, it will lead the investigators to just go and shop for guns and powerful items... right ?

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

#37 derromero

derromero

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Hey Guys, I've just read through this and I just wanna try these scenarios. I know some time has passed but since most of the images are quite small or I see the right part cut out, could you give me a direct link so me and the others could try them out? Also How can I create some scenarios to share with you? Our team of investigators have plenty of ideas but we lack the Know how :( 

Thanks Guys, sorry for bothering you

#38 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

derromero said:

Hey Guys, I've just read through this and I just wanna try these scenarios. I know some time has passed but since most of the images are quite small or I see the right part cut out, could you give me a direct link so me and the others could try them out? Also How can I create some scenarios to share with you? Our team of investigators have plenty of ideas but we lack the Know how :( 

Thanks Guys, sorry for bothering you

Hi there!

All the stuff you find on this section of the forum was created thanks to the Strange Eons software (here) developed by Chris Jennings. Enjoy this ride into madness!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#39 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

This is my very first attempt at a Scenario, so I decided to keep things simple and ot dig too deep just yet. I don't believe that I've seen a scenario like this one just yet, which is a bit surprising all things considered. Still, I would love to hear what folks think of it!

Werewolf-of-Arkham-Front-Face_zps84f3b01

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS