Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:03 AM

JanB said:

nice tool!

Are you interested in german scans?

Thank you for the comment

Adding new languages, for the textual parts of the DeckBuilder, would be too much work for the time I can spend for this development.

Yet, as the pictures are stored into single files, I may consider to have more languages available on the picture display only.

If you want to help in this way, please contact me on my email (it appears in the support page of the site, readme file or About box of the software). I will tell you what I need.

Thanks.

Zorbec

#42 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:23 AM

Hello, fellow Middle-earth travellers !

A new version of the LOTR LCG DeckBuilder for Windows is now available, with the missing features now implemented.

Here is a summary of the new things:

• Added cards of The Hills of Emyn Muil adventure pack (english & french).
  • Added first published cards of next adventures packs and extension.
  • Added Journey to Rhosgobel scenario text in english.
  • Added simple collection management to the options screen.
  • Added a new selectable column to display the quantity of owned cards determined by the collection.
  • Added spoilers and BBCode export formats of cards from the text-mode card screen.
  • Added opening/closing of scenarios by double-click on the scenario title.
  • Added automatic removal of deck names from the last-opened decks list for deck files that do not exist anymore.
  • Improvement of the card list loading time at startup.

Note : The Hills of Emyn Muil scenario text is not available yet, the rest is Ok.

I will now give you screenshots to illustrate the main new features.

The new collection management page of the options screen:

The new selectable column to display the card quantity in your actual collection:

Finally, the new export menu of the card screen:

Many thanks to Drew of www.cardgamedb.com for the english scans of the last pack.

Comments, suggestions (and kudos  ) are welcome !

Have fun !

Zorbec

#43 HilariousPete

HilariousPete

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

Just donwloaded and tried the new version. Pleasure to see your program updated, as always. To set the quantities not on a per-card-basis but on a per-expansion/core set/adventure pack-basis is a good idea.

Thanks!

#44 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

hey I emailed you and you said you didn't have time to make a LoTR deck builder!!!

YOUR AN ADDICT!! SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP

(Not before you star the Star Wars one :P)

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#45 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Hello,

A new version of the LOTR LCG DeckBuilder for Windows is now available, with a little update.

Here is a summary of the new things:

• Added cards of The Dead Marshes adventure pack (english & french).
  • Added The Hills of Emyn Muil scenario text in english.

Note : I completely forgot to input the changes of the last FAQ (1.2) and missed the publication of adventure packs rulesheets that will permit to input the scenario text without having to wait for my physical pack. I will correct this in the next release, sorry for the inconvenience

Many thanks to Drew of www.cardgamedb.com for the english scans of the last pack.

Comments, suggestions (and kudos ) are welcome !

Have fun !

Zorbec

#46 HilariousPete

HilariousPete

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

Thanks alot again!

#47 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hello,

Finally, here is a new version of the LOTR LCG DeckBuilder for Windows, just in time for your Xmas

Here is the list of new things:

• Added cards of the Return to Mirkwood adventure pack (english & french).
  • Added french cards of the Massing at Osgiliath scenario.
  • Added The Dead Marshes scenario text in english.
  • Added errata from FAQ 1.2
  • Improvement of long FAQ texts display.
  • Corrected the encounter set icons order in quests and scenarios displays and of cards traits.

Have fun and a merry Christmas !

Zorbec

#48 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

I can not get the new cards to show.. . I even compleatly deleted the app, downloaded 1.03 from the website, then insatlled the .dat file and still no return cards

EDIT

You need to go to the FRENCH part of the site for the update, it is stll the old version on the english page

eric.minet.free.fr/lotrbuilder/dbdownl.htm

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#49 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:50 AM

Hello,

@booored : The web site links are correct (I always check them after updating the web site).

But some web browsers do not detect the update of a new page if you already visited it.

If you don't see the new version when it is announced, just press F5 to force your web browser to load the new page

Firefox has not such problems...

Cheers,

Zorbec

#50 ichaos1985

ichaos1985

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Is there any chance of a mac version? Is it programmed in Java? 

Looks really good, this application, and I'd love to use it on my mac... 

#51 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

This is a great piece of work, thanks for all the hard work.

I'm really looking forward to the Khazad Dum update as I'd really like to store all my new Dwarf decks using this software. Any idea when you might be releasing this?

#52 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hello,

ichaos1985 said:

As stated earlier, there is no chance to have a Mac version for the moment. I don't have the hardware and software for this.

It is programmed with an old version of Delphi. The last version of Delphi supports MacOS in some way, but it's still young and I don't own it (neither a Mac itself, which is required).

Yet, you can run it with Crossover or any other Windows emulator, some other people did that successfully.

Memetix said:

This is a great piece of work, thanks for all the hard work.

I'm really looking forward to the Khazad Dum update as I'd really like to store all my new Dwarf decks using this software. Any idea when you might be releasing this?

Thank you for the compliment.

I am working on the KD update now. I should receive my pack later this week and I hope to get the french version before the week-end.

There are many cards to add, scan, check and re-check (and not much spare time for it), so it will take me a little more time to finish. I will probably release the new version next week.

Cheers,

Zorbec

#53 ichaos1985

ichaos1985

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Nyarlazorbec said:

Hello,

ichaos1985 said:

As stated earlier, there is no chance to have a Mac version for the moment. I don't have the hardware and software for this.

It is programmed with an old version of Delphi. The last version of Delphi supports MacOS in some way, but it's still young and I don't own it (neither a Mac itself, which is required).

Yet, you can run it with Crossover or any other Windows emulator, some other people did that successfully.

Hm. How complex is the source code or how huge is the project, respectively? I can try to rewrite in ObjC for MacOS only, if you have any interest in such a cooperation. I can use Java as well, making it multi-platform-operational... 

This, however, depends on the size of the project and how many hours of my spare time I can use for it...

#54 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

ichaos1985 said:

Nyarlazorbec said:

Hello,

ichaos1985 said:

Hm. How complex is the source code or how huge is the project, respectively? I can try to rewrite in ObjC for MacOS only, if you have any interest in such a cooperation. I can use Java as well, making it multi-platform-operational... 

This, however, depends on the size of the project and how many hours of my spare time I can use for it...

Thank you for the proposition, but it would be a really big job to convert the source code in ObjC or Java.

The project is a little less than 70000 lines of code and uses graphical and reporting components that will not be necessarily available in other languages. So, I don't think it's worth the effort for the moment.

Cheers,

Zorbec

#55 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

Hello,

Here is a new version of the LOTR LCG DeckBuilder for Windows, coming from the deeps of Khazad-dûm.

Here is the list of new things:

• Added cards of the Khazad-dûm deluxe expansion (english & french).
  • Added FAQ indicators to the scenarios and quests list.
  • Improvement of card lists refresh times.

Many thanks to Drew of www.cardgamedb.com for the english previews.

Have fun in the deeps !

Zorbec

#56 Memetix

Memetix

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:02 AM

May I be the first to grant you much kudos.

#57 HilariousPete

HilariousPete

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

Yeah, thanks for continuously working on your Deck Builder!

#58 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

this is the best ever!! wish the coc one was using the same interface.. but still .. all sorts of awesome.

1 suggestion though.... .. . It would be cool to be able to remove a card from the deck form IN the deck list.. Like you can click 1,2,3 to add the card, but would be cool if you could remove the card as well from that same screen. Not a big UI issue.. but would be a nice feature..

Also, are there any plans to include the encounter cards? I know "deck building" doesn't come into it.. though I think it would be cool for custom quests.. but then the app will cover the entire game from start to finish, and we would not have to use internet sources to look up cards and stuff.

#59 Grudunza

Grudunza

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

The encounter cards are included. You need to click on the encounter card image on the side window.

#60 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Grudunza said:

The encounter cards are included. You need to click on the encounter card image on the side window.

I can only see the quest cards... not the cards in each encounter set

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS