• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

Hello,

A quick fix version 0.8.6 is now available.

It corrects two bugs, the first one being particularly nasty:

• Correction of saving bug when at least one hero is empty.
  • Correction of total card count display of the player's cards screen while the statistics page is active.

Cheers !

#22 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:25 AM

Hello,

Is there anyone who can make scans of The Hunt for Gollum cards in english and send them to me for a quick update of the DeckBuilder ?

I will buy the french pack next week, but my english pack will take much more time to come...

Any help is welcome. Please answer by email at (replace # by @) : zorbec.lotr#free.fr

Cheers,

Zorbec

#23 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

Hello,

A new version of the LOTR LCG DeckBuilder for Windows is now available.

This version 0.9.0 is probably the last Beta, most of the features being implemented and stabilized.

Here are the news:

• Added cards of The Hunt for Gollum adventure pack.
  • Added first published cards of next adventures packs.
  • Added errata from FAQ 1.1.
  • Added the deck finder/import tool.
  • Added uniqueness filter to encounter cards.
  • Correction of progress screens aspect.
  • Several corrections applied to filters.

I am still waiting for my The Hunt for Gollum adventure pack in english to arrive home.
That's why the english image pack is not complete yet. If you can provide some scans of the english packs, do not hesitate to send me an email. Any help is welcome !

I will now give you some details about the new deck Finder/Import tool.
This screen permits to search your decks depending on their contents, then open one found deck or copy part of it into the current deck.

To open this screen, click on the history & finder button as shown below:

Then, click on the Find a Deck... option, as shown below:

The Deck Finder screen opens, as shown below:

• First, you should select the base folder where you store your deck files. To do this, click on the button on the left of the "Search from" path display.
  • Next, you can define up to 4 search criteria which can be a hero card, a deck card, a word or sentence in the deck's notes or any text in the information fields of the deck.
  • Then, press the "Search" button to find the corresponding decks. If no criteria are selected, all decks will be checked and listed.
  • The "Results" button only appears after a first search run with at least one deck found to bring you back to the previously found decks.
    If you exit the Deck Finder and come back to it, it will keep the results of the previous search (but not if you exit from the DeckBuilder itself).

The Results display is shown below:

• The list on the left shows the found decks. Select one to display its contents on the right part of the screen.
  • The list on the right shows all informations, heroes, deck cards, scratchpad cards and notes of the deck. If you select a line with a card, the card is displayed the usual ways, like other screens.
  • You can stop the search by clicking a button not shown here.
  • The "Open deck" button will try to open the selected deck into the DeckBuilder and close the Deck Finder. If a modified deck is already open, the software will ask you what to do.
  • If you want to take only part of the selected deck, you can use the copy buttons for general informations, notes and complete heroes or deck cards contents. The positions/quantities buttons are also available for heroes/deck cards to make a partial import of data.

Be carefull with the partial import features : it does not ask anything if you had a modified deck already open.

I hope you'll find the DeckBuilder useful. Do not hesitate to drop a comment or suggestion.

Have fun !

Zorbec

#24 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:20 AM

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that the DeckBuilder version 1.0.0 is now available !

The program is now stable, so there is no need to continue the Beta phase

Many thanks to Drew of www.cardgamedb.com and to Jon, author of the Lackey plugin, for the english scans of the latest extensions.

The new features are:

• Added cards of Conflict at the Carrock adventure pack (english & french).
  • Added cards of the GenCon scenario Massing at Osgiliath (english only).
  • Added first published cards of next adventures packs.
  • Redesign of the Scenarios/Quest screen with foldable scenarios contents.
  • Added experimental deck export format for Lackey.
  • Correction of minor bugs.

The image packs are updated and available on the download page, as usual.

Have fun and let me know if you find it useful.

Cheers,

Zorbec

#25 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Nyarlazorbec. I was hoping for something like this. 

#26 plutico

plutico

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Great work Nyarlazorbec!

Now you should make someone an android version... hehehehe...

Thanks a lot!

#27 HilariousPete

HilariousPete

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

Good to see your program updated. Thanks for it!

#28 AmAvocet

AmAvocet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

This is great! Thanks very much!

Any chance of getting the ability to sort/filter by set? For instance, I don't have Osgiliath, so i do not want to see cards from that expansion. 

#29 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

Thank you, all, for the nice comments

AmAvocet said:

This is great! Thanks very much!

Any chance of getting the ability to sort/filter by set? For instance, I don't have Osgiliath, so i do not want to see cards from that expansion. 

You have that in the Filters and Sort pages of the encounter screen. The point is that the filters setting is not persistent between two DeckBuilder sessions, but sort orders are. Tell me if you need some help.

Cheers,

Zorbec

#30 AmAvocet

AmAvocet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Nyarlazorbec said:

AmAvocet said:

Any chance of getting the ability to sort/filter by set? For instance, I don't have Osgiliath, so I do not want to see cards from that expansion. 

You have that in the Filters and Sort pages of the encounter screen. The point is that the filters setting is not persistent between two DeckBuilder sessions, but sort orders are. Tell me if you need some help.

I have just started trying to figure it out, and I didn't see an encounter screen (or at least did not recognize it). How would I find the place to select which sets are included? 

#31 GhostWolf69

GhostWolf69

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

AmAvocet said:

I have just started trying to figure it out, and I didn't see an encounter screen (or at least did not recognize it). How would I find the place to select which sets are included? 

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well; Is there a way to tell the tool what you actually OWN in your own collection? To sort of filter and set the bar for how many cards you can add etc. ?

/wolf

#32 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:25 AM

AmAvocet said:

Nyarlazorbec said:

AmAvocet said:

Any chance of getting the ability to sort/filter by set? For instance, I don't have Osgiliath, so I do not want to see cards from that expansion. 

Hi,

From the main screen, click on the button showing an encounter card back (the first on the left). If correctly activated, it should be surrounded by a yellow line. This will bring the Encounter cards screen up (if not, it means that the screen is probably moved outside your screen limits for some reason. In this case, you can reset all screens positions by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+L keys).

In the Encounter cards screen, click on the "Filters" top bar button to display the filters. The first filters page is for encounter sets. If you selected a speficic quest or scenario in the "Scenario/quests" screen, you can filter the sets used for the scenario by clicking on the "Scenario" blue button located above the sets list.

If you want to sort the list, click on the "Card sorting" top bar button to display the sorting page. There, you can combine up to 4 sort criteria in any order (ascending or descending).

Hope this helps ! (if not, ask again !)

Cheers,

Zorbec

#33 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

GhostWolf69 said:

AmAvocet said:

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well; Is there a way to tell the tool what you actually OWN in your own collection? To sort of filter and set the bar for how many cards you can add etc. ?

/wolf

Hi,

Unfortunately, I didn't put collection management (yet !). The "Qty" indication refers to the quantity of cards into a single original set (core set or adventure pack). So, I assumed that most people would remember easily how many cards they own depending on the sets they own. It is not a feature as critical as with CCG games.

Adding this collection management is quite heavy and it's not on the top of the priorities. Yet, I will note this for a future implementation.

Cheers,

Zorbec

#34 AmAvocet

AmAvocet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

Ah! I was trying to do it in the Player Cards window!

Thanks very much. I appreciate the help, as well as the time and effort you put into creating this utility. May the hair on your toes never fall out!

#35 AmAvocet

AmAvocet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

Is there a way to add categories to the display? When i right-click on a title bar I can change the category to a different one, but can I insert one? For example, if I want to show both quantity and victory points, can i do so without removing an existing category?

Also, is it possible to resize the columns? Often when I filter a category all the entries have short names, and I would like to eliminate the wasted space while viewing the display.

Thanks again for this great utility!

#36 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

AmAvocet said:

Is there a way to add categories to the display? When i right-click on a title bar I can change the category to a different one, but can I insert one? For example, if I want to show both quantity and victory points, can i do so without removing an existing category?

Also, is it possible to resize the columns? Often when I filter a category all the entries have short names, and I would like to eliminate the wasted space while viewing the display.

Thanks again for this great utility!

Thank you for the kind words !

Unfortunately, the number of columns for cards lists is fixed and they are not resizable (their size is optimized to show the longest data of the whole card database). This was done to simplify the development and the user interface. As it requires much work to make something completely flexible, I'll put it in the list, but not in the highest priority

Cheers,

Zorbec

#37 Hinnyboy

Hinnyboy

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

Wow, this tool is really, really useful. Great job doing this!

I have a couple of suggestions if you are interested. The first one is easily done I think, but the other one may turn out to be more complicated (but I think the usfullness of it will be worth the effort). They both have been briefly mentioned in this thread but I think it is good to get in plain text.

1. When you filter the available cards it would be neat if you could filter different adventure packs/core set.

2. A feature where you can state how many core sets and adventure packs you have got in your collection and keep track so that you cannot choose too many cards. The qty should reflect this as well.

In addition it would be very neat if this could be combined so that you can group several of your decks so that they share the same card pool (very handy if you plan of creating decks for a 2, 3 or 4 player game out of your collection). When you choose a card the available qty should decrease for all the decks in that card deck group.

Thanks for this excellent tool!

#38 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

Hinnyboy said:

Wow, this tool is really, really useful. Great job doing this!

I have a couple of suggestions if you are interested. The first one is easily done I think, but the other one may turn out to be more complicated (but I think the usfullness of it will be worth the effort). They both have been briefly mentioned in this thread but I think it is good to get in plain text.

1. When you filter the available cards it would be neat if you could filter different adventure packs/core set.

2. A feature where you can state how many core sets and adventure packs you have got in your collection and keep track so that you cannot choose too many cards. The qty should reflect this as well.

In addition it would be very neat if this could be combined so that you can group several of your decks so that they share the same card pool (very handy if you plan of creating decks for a 2, 3 or 4 player game out of your collection). When you choose a card the available qty should decrease for all the decks in that card deck group.

Thanks for this excellent tool!

Hello,

Thank you for the kind words and for the suggestions.

Your first request (set filter for player cards) will come in a near future. I waited for more packs to be available before implementing it. Encounter cards already have a similar filter by encounter set, which is more appropriate.

Regarding your second request, I was planning a collection management for a much later implementation. But your description of it is much simpler than my previous idea of it. So, I may consider this for a much quicker release

Last point would be clearly difficult to do, as the program is designed to work with one deck at a time. I'll see...

Cheers,

Zorbec

#39 Nyarlazorbec

Nyarlazorbec

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hello, fellow Middle-earth travellers !

A new version of the LOTR LCG DeckBuilder for Windows is now available, with some good new features.

Here is a summary of the new things:

• Added cards of Journey to Rhosgobel adventure pack (english & french).
  • Added first published cards of next adventures packs and extension.
  • Added Conflict at the Carrock scenario text in english.
  • Added extension and adventure packs filter to the player cards screen filters.
  • Added starting hand drawing probabilities in the deck's statistics page.
  • Added detailed drawing probabilities into the Card Drawing Simulator.
  • Added file name and file age deck search critera to the Deck Finder screen.
  • Added deck contents quantity indicators (green background) to the player cards, scratchpad and deck finder screens, not only for heroes.
  • Correction of player cards, scratchpad and deck lists to improve their refresh during contents modifications.
  • Correction of unexpected deck modification if one opens a deck by a double-click above a quantity button in player cards, scratchpad of deck lists.
  • Correction of minor bugs.

Note 1: the Journey to Rhosgobel scenario text is not available yet, the rest is Ok.

Note 2: the hypergeometric distribution algorithm for probabilities gives weird results when the deck contains a few cards, the searched and drawn cards are more than 1. Consequently, the probabilities will not be show in such cases. If one has a good algorithm to deal with these extreme cases, I would be interested.

I will now give you screenshots to illustrate the main new features.

The new filter by sets for the player cards (it also shows the green background indicators for all cards, showing the current quantity put into the deck):

The starting hand drawind probabilities in the deck statistics page. You can click on the "See more" text to show the card drawing simulator with the full probabilities page active (see below):

The complete drawing probabilities into the card drawing simulator. These are calculated each time you draw cards (see note 2 above):

Finally, the new deck search criteria:

Probabilities where suggested by Shep, double-click bug and some spelling error was reported by Henning and generalized deck quantities were suggested by Manuel. Thanks to them for their support !

Many thanks to Drew of www.cardgamedb.com for the english scans of Journey to Rhosgobel.

Comments and suggestions are welcome !

Have fun !

Zorbec

#40 JanB

JanB

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

nice tool!

Are you interested in german scans?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS