• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Paradoks

Paradoks

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Virgo said:

"First you buy Wilhelm or Derricksburg Forge and minute later you find out you are not able to use them."

- We already discussed it. Better have cards restricted or even banned than force them to quit the game.

Maybe "Better than (…)", but still unpleasant. :P

Virgo said:

"I think that generally speaking Empire strenght is the potential ablility to control both units and supports (i.e. Osterknacht Elite, Rodrik Raiders + nasty tactics allowing them show up again and again), most other decks lack this. Add some support control possibilities to Dark Elves or some unit control chance to Orcs or Dwarves and Empire would be "stopped"."

It is already stopped. Restrictions for Forge, Rodrik and Will fixed it. Making every faction good in every field would just create more pre-restrictions Empires…

I don't know if it is stopped, really, I still find it pretty hard to play against.

In my opinion Rodrik's as most valuable of restricted card (even though I miss Wilhelm and wasn't even able to actually use Forge, as I bought it a while before restricts… so please understand a little bit of frustration here. :)

Anyway, I still have both support and unit control in one deck, both partially in form of units (Osterknacht Elite + Rodrik Raiders), which can be placed in many roles - boosts my own economy, defend or attack, while destroying effectively opponents eco in the same time. I would call it quite superior flexibility.

Virgo said:

"When I play hp-reducing Dark Elves, all support cards hurts me badly, as only thing I can control are units,"

- Burn It Down/Withering Hex?

Yeah, but you will agree, that Rodrik's is SO much better option than Burn it Down, don't you? Besides, in Empire deck you can have both, if you really want, but even more funny - with Empire tactics and units controls (Osterknacht Elite again for example, or Call for Reserves… or Called Back, or…) you can use one Rodrik a few times, other factions won't do this with Burn it Down, not to mention developments needed. A side note is that tactics like Call for Reserves or Mastering the spell are also very flexible and could be used in many, many different situations…

Withering Hex - I put this card into category: "only because I don't have anything better". Unfortunately, not all supports would be pain because of their hammers only, a lot of them are dangerous just because they exists.

Of course I don't say that Empire is auto-winner or anything like that, however I do say the overall flexibility, multitude of options, gives this faction upper hand, advantage. Maybe slight, but still SOME advantage.

P.S. By the way, last evening I was kicked a few times by friend playing my Empire against newly assembled DarkElf/Necromancy deck I wanted to check, as well as a few other decks I assembled to try them in fight, some of them built for fun, some more "serious". Damn, and this guy played only for his third or fourth time! Shame… :>

#22 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

Ellyrik said:

Current imperial economy with Will of the electors : Sons of coin, Hunters, Village, Knights Panther, Zoo (although not starting).

You can't really say that Sons Of Coin or Knight Panther replaced Forge, because these are units and they die the next turn against Chaos and the same turn they hit the table against DE

#23 Ellyrik

Ellyrik

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

Virgo said:

Ellyrik said:

Current imperial economy with Will of the electors : Sons of coin, Hunters, Village, Knights Panther, Zoo (although not starting).

You can't really say that Sons Of Coin or Knight Panther replaced Forge, because these are units and they die the next turn against Chaos and the same turn they hit the table against DE

That's right, i must concede that :) Anyway Empire has still the best economy in the game.

@ Paradoks: i totally agree with your last post!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS