• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tomdidiot

Tomdidiot

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

Heya

Widow's Watch says "After you play a unique card from your hand....".  If I were to play a Dupe on (say) the Blackfish, would the Blackfish's dupe be a "unique card" and therefore allow me to trigger Widow's Watch to go fetch another dupe?

Thanks in advance

#2 Xenu's Paradox

Xenu's Paradox

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

Duplicates are titleless, textless, and houseless.  So no.

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:21 AM

Playing dupes are considered to be playing dupes, not characters - unique or otherwise.

#4 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

If I run 2 different versions of a unique card, would playing one allow me to search my deck for a copy of the other version?   Is "a copy of that card" defined by the name only?

#5 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Yes, you could do that. The name is the only thing that counts when it comes to dupes.

#6 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

But it isn't a dupe while it is in your deck.  It is the same name, sure, but is it really a "copy"?

#7 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Yes. The deck construction rules say that you can have up to three copies if a card BY TITLE. So as far as "copies" of cards are defined in this game, you go by title only.

#8 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Since I made the effort to find the actual quote in the CS rulebook while ktom was just typing away, I might just as well just post this now. ;)

From the CS rules:

Your House deck must contain at least 60 cards,
and may not contain more than three copies of a
card.

So, the CS rules treat different versions with the same name as copies of the same card.

#9 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

ok cool.  I figured that was how it worked, it just seemed odd to consider the attachment version of Shaggy Dog a copy of the character version, when it was in the deck.   Makes sense, just wanted to be sure.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS