The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#842 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

Tibs,

I just finished a game and mistakently seleced the wrong AO ~ we defeated Glaaki, not Yibb-Tstll - please change on the spreadsheet.

Thanks, Joe

The Professor

#843 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Lovely to see the thread is not pinned any longer. Even if the site is quicker to navigate, I think we didn't change for the better. Fingers crossed, I really hope to be wrong

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#844 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

The only thing I like thus far...the ability to Edit your post.

The Professor

#845 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:51 AM

Holy Floating Nightgaunts, stop them from dragging this thread through the Gate!

#846 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

Hey, dj, long time no see in the forum! Hope you're well!

Indeed, I'd love to have the threads that once were pinned, pinned again

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#847 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hi! Yes I have been away in absolute darkness - my mother died from pancreatic cancer and I had to spend a year easing her last months. It took an awful toll on me as you can imagine but I am beginning to come back to life myself. When I sit down in front of my pet Arkham at this point though, it looks at me differently. I have seen a horror it can never match. So I am trying to cheer it up a bit by pretending to be scared. Don't tell!

#848 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

Sorry for your loss, Dj.  Indeed, sometimes life is a storm of difficult situations and pain. I'm glad you're back, though, we miss'd ya :)

#849 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

dj,

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss.  I'll keep you in my prayers. 

Joe

The Professor

#850 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:16 AM

Thanks to both of you :) A great comfort to me to hear and know such things. Also a comfort that despite a horrendous journey there, the end was in peaceful sleep.
I'm really glad to be back too - I ducked out just as the fabled FAQ landed. I was terribly disappointed with it but I expected to be. I had hoped we would get printed answers to a lot of those questions we harvested down the years, but many were omitted. What did you guys reckon on it here? And did I miss anything major being announced? It doesn't seem so.

#851 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

Nothing new was announced. I really hope something new to be announced at the coming GenCon or, the latest, at Arkham Nights.

FAQ is controversial. Many good things have been done, and some decision are simply absurd. The FAQ arrived as a surprise: there was a very long silence and then BAM. And it was a surprise for Tibs and Avi as well, IIRC, so the idea is like FFG gathered the contribution of our triumvirate, left the stuff in a basement for a while, then asked a new guy to fix and release everything.

Have you heard of Kevin leaving FFG, Dj? This could be the reason for the longest silence on Arkham

#852 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

aha...no I had not yet heard that Kevin had left. Yes that explains a lot...he was the one with all the personal plans.

I had noted as well that the AH miniatures were doubling up in MoM and had wondered if we would have even had them if MoM had completely disappeared down its own fiasco (glad it didn't though).

I think its too late to write AH off yet...never underestimate the comeback power of the AOs!

Yes I think I know which FAQ decisions you refer to as absurdities. They leap out of the page a bit. It sounds like you have the story pretty straight to me. Shame after all that time we invested. BUT, I a happy we got something out of it. What we got as you said had some great things in it.

And forum changes - oy! not sure we lucked out there either...*grumbles*

Edited by dj2.0, 15 July 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#853 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

:laughter: yeah, agreed, the "odd" ones leap definitely out of the page. The good point is that some stuff was definitely fixed. And the oddities can be quite easily houseruled in a different way.

Yeah, Kevin left, immediately after last year's GenCon. He announced a freelance career (best wishes to him), with the idea of leaving a door open to "possible future collaborations with FFG". You can read about what he's doing now on his personal blog at BGG (here). Some of the stuff he's actually working on sounds amazing (especially the games with Eric Lang), but so far there is nothing really new (i.e. published) under the sun, apart from the last things he worked on for FFG (Elder Sign: Unseen Forces - which is awesome - another expansion I don't remember and , I assume - not sure, just speculating - the upcoming expansion for Civilization)

As for the new forum... in the last months, the old server had become so slow that actually you weren't able to reach any of the forums at daytime... this one here is not probably the best, but at least you can navigate with ease

Edited by Julia, 15 July 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#854 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Kevin's departure proved a bit of a blow...I haven't heard Richard's take on it either as they had apparently worked very well together. 

The FAQ isn't as bad as I thought it could be.  It organized everything quite well (I'm a form AND function kinda guy)  Though, as Julia mentioned, some of the answers were completely absurd.

As to the Forum, we're taking the good (editing abaility/naigation) with the bad (who posted last and when) for now.  At least it's faster... :D

The Professor

#855 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

Did Kevin ever get his other Cthulhu game off the ground, the one where the cultists of different players are trying to awaken their GOO?

I havent played ES, but atm I am loving Elder Sign:Omens, the Dark Pharoah expansion, which I play on my tablet. Do you guys know it?

#856 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

Dj, to avoid further derailing of this thread and Tibs nuking both of us, I answered your last post here

#857 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

cool :)

#858 Mud Turkey 13

Mud Turkey 13

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

I just want to say that this whole statistic thing is awesome.  I love statistical analysis, and when someone tracks stats it makes me feel like I am actually accomplishing something when I know that my actions will be recorded.  Thanks for doing this.

#859 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

Wow, sorry I was sparse! I was in Arecibo for a week and internet availability was shaky.

Is there an easy way to know when a thread has an unread response?

DJ, I'm sorry for your loss.

#860 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Yes, the leftmost space near the thread's title is shaded dark

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS