Meta-Sota: The (Cam-) Bridge of Skulls

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#21 Slio9

Slio9

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

Oh man, It's over now. I've got my Martell LCG deck at near full power and it's ready to roll!

Anyway, I'll be around on Tuesday before I head back down to Winona, so I hope a few people are around for some games, I've got a lot of near decks sitting around that haven't gotten much use.

#22 Mad Axe

Mad Axe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

hey, all you cambridge players. i changed my username. anyone gonna play this saturday the jan 10? i might be able to come on up for my monthly outing. i even updated my targ deck, my bara deck and tossed together a greyjoy deck.

#23 Mad Axe

Mad Axe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

hello. i don't want to drive the whole way and have no one be there!

hello?

#24 Mad Axe

Mad Axe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:54 AM

hello? anyone gonna be there today? hello? at 6 pm?

sad face.

#25 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

Well, unless you really wanted to play against me, you didn't waste your time. Jon had to work all night, Seth was in long enough for him and I to get in a league game, and no one else showed. I'm always willing to play, but that's a long way to drive just for one opponent.

I'm not always on on Fridays, so that's why I didn't post. Hopefully you can show up again soon.

#26 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:33 AM

why does life have to get in the way of games so f*ing often. :-P

#27 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

Gamers have lives? This is the first I heard of that!

#28 Mad Axe

Mad Axe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

yeah, i want to be able to play. i will post more days in advance, so you can harp on everyone to show up. otherwise they will owe me gas money. hah.  :)

#29 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:00 AM

Mad Axe said:

...otherwise they will owe me gas money. hah.  :)

heh... good luck with that axe :D

since the league started, turnout has been good on tuesdays. cant speek for the meta tonight, but i'd assume they'd be there. (but you know what happens when you assume things <sigh>

#30 Khal Viper

Khal Viper

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

Kinda forgot about my whole Dad's side of family christmas today thought that it was Sunday... Have to work Tuesday have seminar on Wednesday see you next Saturday for sure...

#31 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

Wednesday is Rhonda's birthday, and we're playing BSG that night. Then Applebees.

The League is going so-so, as only myself, Brad and Seth have built decks. I've played Seth twice with a 1-1 ranking in te Sparring, and Dan and I sparred twice, plus another game tonight with me going 3-0. Seth had to go back to work, so him and Brad didn't get to play.

For the record Jon, I'm Martell, Seth is Targ and Brad is Baratheon. Brad is getting better, but I still manage to eek out wins. Targ is pretty powerful in Core Set and League (thanks to Ruby Ford CP, and Ancient Enemies with Dragon Thief). My flop was horrible -- a 3 gold cahracter and Open Market, a Martell recursion location that only works during Summer. I knew the game was over right away at that point. I also made at last one major play mistake, but I think it only would have drug out the win for Seth. He had it going on, and I couldn't get the deck to fire.

This week I will most likely buy Winds of Winter, as I really need both Obara Sand and Mance Rayder. Underhanded Assassin and Arthur Dayne are not to be scoffed at either. :) I am pretty sure Brad will break down and get Ancient Enemies. Don't know about Seth.

#32 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

This Saturday, January 31st, at 6:00ish we will be doing a booster draft event at The Gamers Den. Cost is either free or $5 -- if it is free, players do not get to keep the cards (we will be drafting my own personal packs). If we got for the $5 entry, the winner gets to keep all cards drafted, and each player gets to keep one rare.

Drafting will be (in order): Five Kings, Iron Throne, House of Thorns, Five Kings, House of Talons.

Please bring your won draft and supplemental packs, as I no longer have any left.

#33 Mad Axe

Mad Axe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:57 AM

how about this saturday? anyone going to be there? i may be able to change plans and show up. if BSG is on the slate instead, i could entice my wife to join us. she likes the game.

#34 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:19 AM

Mad Axe said:

how about this saturday? anyone going to be there? i may be able to change plans and show up. if BSG is on the slate instead, i could entice my wife to join us. she likes the game.

BSG will happen at the very least. People show up for BSG and a game of AGoT might break out (went to a fight and a hockey game broke out kinda thing). I'll probably be there after 6, but not for AGoT. Jerusalem Jones will be there around 5.

#35 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

Um, I'm on vacation as of 3:30 today, so I'll be at the store ALL DAY on Saturday.

Who knows how much BSG will break out.

And Call of Cthulhu. I am really getting into that game.

And, of course, there will be people to play Thrones. Some of us may play some league games (Seth totally wants to win this week, as I have been dominating the league with my Martell deck).

#36 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:09 AM

Oh woe is the Cambridge meta, when no one wants to talk about the game anymore.

I, however, got in four games yesterday, and went 3-1 (the loss was to Seth in the League, the other three were all against Brad -- one league game, two Standard games). It had been awhile since I had played standard, and apparently as long for Brad. I flopped Myrcella Lannister and he flopped Cersei. First turn plot was On Raven's Wings for Bran Stark, then switched into The Red Wedding. Of course, Brad forgot that Queen Cersei had the Lady trait, and that I picked both characters. It was all downhill from there.

Also got in a Call of Cthulhu game against Dan, which was just brokenly brutal. He just picked two random factions from the Core set (syndicate and Cthulhu, iirc) and couldn't draw characters. I went first, and won the game on my fourth turn. Truly, it wasn't even fun, but I liked to see my deck perform. Now if only I could get more Mi-gos....

#37 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:30 AM

Khal Viper,

Tried to email you, but your email address is Hidden, even to your friends, and I'm at home so I don't have your email address in my address book.

Just wanted to apologize for last night. When they were starting up the 5:30 game I wanted to sit out, but got talked into it, and the thing that sealed it was when I said I wanted to wait for others to show up to "host" the game, but Argonel said he' cold do that just as easily -- and then he left, just as soon as you got there. Considering you brought your brother, I wish I would have stuck to my guns.

I'm at the store all day today starting at about 2, 2:30 (waiting for the DirecTV guy to fix out system first) and all day Saturday, if you have either off. I'd like to play Thrones with you, league, LCG or Standard, it doesn't matter.

JJ

#38 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:35 AM

^---bump---^ ^---bump---^

#39 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

Sexy new avatar there, Nick-ler.

#40 The Nick-ler

The Nick-ler

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:13 AM

JerusalemJones said:

Sexy new avatar there, Nick-ler.

it is the closest thing i could find to a cylon in the avatars ;-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS