• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

Hiya.

I am looking for any and all information on Roadwardens. Specifically their organisation and perhaps a bit on the various laws they uphold.

Thank you.

it takes only a small amount of charitable reading to make the internet dramatically more palatable.

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:22 AM

Shades of Empire has a rather large write up that is 99% fluff.

jh

#3 bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:53 AM

Emirikol said:

Shades of Empire has a rather large write up that is 99% fluff.

jh

That is a really very excellent resource. Thank you very much Efidm, bless your soul!

it takes only a small amount of charitable reading to make the internet dramatically more palatable.

#4 bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:54 AM

Hm, weird, at any rate Efidm = Emirikol!

#5 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

The earlier edition Career Compendium (pdf on rpgnow) has some info in it (I find it a good resource for NPC's and ideas, also artwork, some of which has been brought forward to 3rd edition) - its write up is short but goes well beyond the career card for Roadwarden (don't get me wrong, I love the fluff and info on the career cards, just have 4 of them read out and it gives a great intro to the setting vibe). 

To give sample without repeating all I (I respect IP) Roadwarden captains are based in towns and coordinate with town watch,; a secondary function of the Roadwarden is to carry news to isolated settlements and in such places they may be the only sign of Imperial presence and are well regarded.  It also talks of how they are popular subjects for fiction and plays (giving couple of examples), and real Roadwardens enjoy this though bemoan that it's always fat merchants and not fair maidens they end up saving.

For laws, well they would uphold Imperial laws and those sponsoring noble (Elector Count of their province or more regional), not the pecular customary laws of villages and towns of region though, that would be my take.  For laws you need to look to other resources really, the broader background on empire etc. and its legal officials from travelling judges, judicial champions to witch hunters.

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

For campaign depth and so the players can expand their options, I would add a couple things for your GM:

* The PC's bosses: Regional (i.e. Reikland captain of the Roadwardens, Noble region sargent)

* PC's known fellow roadwardens (i.e one to two peers)

* A local "watch station" that they can occasionally report to/gain knowledge from

* A couple "bounties" and "most wanted lists"

Those will go a long ways towards adding depth for the player and your own ideas.

jh

#7 Yivrael

Yivrael

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

This is an old thread, but does anyone know off the top of their head a good miniature that that represents the character of the roadwarden.  Specifically the picture/token used in the core set character sheet.  My google efforts have come up with, well not much.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS