Spell casting at crown of command

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Toad_monk

Toad_monk

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:22 AM

Hello, I'm not too sure of the rules of spell casting at the crown of command, anyone care to help?

#2 SubElement

SubElement

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:43 AM

Toad_monk said:

Hello, I'm not too sure of the rules of spell casting at the crown of command, anyone care to help?

If you're asking if you can cast spells at the Crown of Command, the answer is yes.

You can cast up to the amount of spells that you started your turn with. So the Command Spell is one, and any other spell cards you may have. So a maximum of four spells may be cast in one turn on the Crown, however improbbable that is.

#3 Toad_monk

Toad_monk

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

Thanks that helps alot, what about spells that can be cast "as required" and also can you choose to cast a spell other then the command spell? I take that you can as you mention that you may cast 4 spells on one turn?

#4 SubElement

SubElement

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

Toad_monk said:

Thanks that helps alot, what about spells that can be cast "as required" and also can you choose to cast a spell other then the command spell? I take that you can as you mention that you may cast 4 spells on one turn?

Cast as required I assume you want to cast on another person's turn? You may only cast one spell on another characters turn, BESIDES the Command Spell (not sure why the rules say this, as you can't cast the Command Spell on another character's turn?). You must ALWAYS, cast the Command Spell if you are able!

So, say I am a Wizard on the Crown of Command by myself. I must cast the Command Spell immeditaly, so I do, I also have a random spell and I choose to cast that on a another player. I then draw another spell, as I must always have one spell with the Wizard, but I can not use that spell until next turn.

In regards to the cast 4 spells per turn, that is unique to the Crown of Command. It comes under the assumption that a character is alone on the Crown, can cast the Command Spell and also has the maximum of three spells per person in the game, which are also castable.

#5 Toad_monk

Toad_monk

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

Thanks thats cleared up a few problems, it was just stated before that the command spell counts as a spell therefore if you have the wand ability unless you have two spells on you you wouldnt be able to cast. With casting on another players turn I guess that all makes sence.

#6 SubElement

SubElement

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

Toad_monk said:

Thanks thats cleared up a few problems, it was just stated before that the command spell counts as a spell therefore if you have the wand ability unless you have two spells on you you wouldnt be able to cast. With casting on another players turn I guess that all makes sence.

Oh snap! It never occured to me that the Command Spell would actually count towards your spell limit... I am truly not sure about this, maybe Jon, Ell or Rich can clear this one up.

#7 SubElement

SubElement

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:17 AM

Spoke to Jon, the Command spell does not count as a spell in your hand, so yes you may continue to get spells and use them!

#8 Toad_monk

Toad_monk

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

Glad thats all cleared up.

#9 kery

kery

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

Hello, I have a doubt after the last game:

can I use a Fate token to reroll my Command Spell roll dice?

I'm asking this because the italian rulebook says you can use Fate to reroll dice rolled after following instructions in the board space...

but in the Crown of Command space there are no instructions written on the board...

thank you for help!

#10 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

The English rulebook says something similar, but the answer would be yes, you can use Fate to reroll a Command Spell.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#11 dezman8

dezman8

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

hey guys another question sorry if its already been asked here but i just skimmed the posts. I understand the person in crown of command can cast spells out at other characters but i was wondering if there was anything stopping characters outside the crown of command casting on the character/characters inside the crown of command? its a common thing in my gaming group someone always says you cant but i havent actually read anywhere stating you cant. any clarification would be greatly appeciated.

#12 danskmacabre

danskmacabre

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

There's nothing stopping characters casting spells on a character who's on the Coc, assuming the parameters of the spell are satisfied.

You can even use an adventure card that allows you to summon someone to you such as "the Arena" on the character on the CoC. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS