Warhammer 40kRP Armory

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

Alright gents, we're updated! Added page numbers to every single entry in this thing. And, since I had to go over everything anyway, I made quite a few formatting fixed and improvements, as well as some typos fixes. Links below, and I'll update the first post as usual. Enjoy!

.xls: http://www.mediafire...bhs5iv4dv5y445d

.xlsx: http://www.mediafire...tsi8rosb3bslvpu

#22 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

Thanks very much for this index, its next to bloody invaluable when as a poor beleagured GM you often have to trawl through 3 different games and all the damn books for some piece of crap or another a PC wants, or simply to belt them around with on a whim.

#23 Cymbel

Cymbel

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for this, I can see it being really useful, a little while back though I did my own list of every single ammo type from pretty much almost every book, including exotic and some useful fanmade ones, as well as some IRL ammo that was missing. It isn't as indepth as yours, but works well for my metallican arbites who prefers SP weapons.

#24 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hello everyone! I'm back, and in a couple days I'll be updating the armory with the new equipment from Daemon Hunters, both regular acolyte gear and Grey Knight equipment! Furthermore, I've changed how updates are numbered. The first grouping is the series, i.e. Dark Heresy Core, the second is the included source books, such as Inquisitor's Handbook and Rites of Battle. The third is the date of the release in MMDD format, which should account for updates to errata, as well as minor updates and corrections. That said, the next version will be 3.11.07xx, depending on when I finally get it done. Thanks for praise, and happy gaming!

#25 PullsyJr

PullsyJr

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

Just a helpful tip for those that use Office 2007 (and probably 2010):

To get the + sign to display on the header row, go into the Data menu, click the small icon at the bottom right of the Outline group, and deselect the two options shown there. Don't do anything with the Automatic Styles though.

For 2003 versions, from memory it's Data -> Grouping ->Group Options. Don't hold me to it, as it's been a while since I've used the old version. If I'm wrong it should at least give you an idea where to start.

It would be possible to use autofilters with very little changes. You would need to create a new column (to the far left probably), highlight the first row (the frozen one at the top), and go to the Data tab then select the Filter option. For those who use 2003 versions it's nowhere near as good as the later one, but it is compatible and useable.

unnownrelic: Thanks for putting this together. A very handy reference. As for putting it into a database, what sort were you thinking of? A web (XML or similar) thing, or Access?

#26 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

As it is, I actually managed to finish up far earlier than I imagined. It's all done! I present the latest update of the armory, including Grey Knight and Malleus gear from Daemon Hunter. I have Black Crusade on pre-order, but from what I've read it MIGHT be too different to be totally compatible, but we'll see. If I'm able, I'll integrate it into the armory a few days after I get it. Happy gaming!

As usual, the version for Office 2003 and earlier, and the one for newer versions. As of this posting, we're at 3.11.0722.

PullsyJr: At first I figured access, since I had some experience with it in the past, but upon opening it in the new office I had no idea what was going on. Either way really, but I imagine a web thing that can be downloaded to be used offline would be good, as long as it's easy to manipulate and sort. Also, thanks for telling everyone how to do that. Mine seems to have it by default, so I wasn't even aware it was a proper setting.

#27 PullsyJr

PullsyJr

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

The new Access runs suspiciously similar to the old version, but as usual, all the menus are screwed up. It took me a while before I admitted that Excel wasn't the worst thing ever, and it's the same with Access.

A downloadable XML file and reader is the way to go, as not everyone has Access. Unfortunately I have no idea on how the former one gets put together.

The Grouping function defaults to the + being at the bottom (and/or right) of the grouped items. In my opinion, it's stupid and I always change the settings (which must be done for each worksheet in each workbook you've got).

#28 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

The position of it can be changed? This is news to me. Where would I find that?

#29 PullsyJr

PullsyJr

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

unnownrelic said:

To get the + sign to display on the header row, go into the Data menu, click the small icon at the bottom right of the Outline group, and deselect the two options shown there. Don't do anything with the Automatic Styles though.

#30 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

PullsyJr said:

unnownrelic said:

Well then, that was easy. I'll have that in the next update then. Thanks!

#31 Jhaeyde

Jhaeyde

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

Thankyou very much for sharing your hard work.

#32 Wrayth

Wrayth

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:12 AM

This is an awesome undertaking, thanx for the effort you put into it.

#33 Meatpuppet

Meatpuppet

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

Man, this is what I was looking for!

Great Job unknownrelic 

#34 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

Ah sweet. The Black Crusade stuff is there.

Much appreciated. 

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#35 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Long time no update FFG! I come once more, with the updated armory. The current version is 4.13.1205, and includes the latest releases of FFG: First Founding, Book of Judgement, and Black Crusade. There's been a slight change with how I link them as well. You can go to http://www.mediafire.com/armory , which is my armory folder on mediafire. There you can browse old versions, or just grab the latest one straight from the top level. Less links to keep track of and all that. Enjoy!

#36 unnownrelic

unnownrelic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Good evening acolytes and inquisitors! To help you in your journeys, I've updated the armory with the equipment from Hostile Acquisitions. With this latest information, you'll know what to keep your eyes open for when tracking down the pirates and those who would dare use insidious xenotech. It can be found at www.tiny.cc/40kRP_Armory. Enjoy!

#37 eBarbarossa

eBarbarossa

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

Well, since unnownrelic wasn't active here for almost two months and didn't answer any mails or messages, I've taken the liberty to continue his work.

I've added Dark Heresy: Disciples of the Dark Gods as a first, which brings Xenotech and Warp Tech with it, including a Hrud weapon, Slaught technology and a twisted Voodoo Doll. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire...65aai5uy7aqhum6

Contact me if you have any errors to report!

eBarbarossa

@unnownrelic: If you ever return, I'll be happy to give full control of the armory back to you and/or work with you. Until then, the armory is just too damn useful to let it die.

#38 eBarbarossa

eBarbarossa

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

The newest version (V4.17.0925) is available for download at http://www.mediafire.../?rrzcb3ir74cib and features Ork, Rak'gol and Stryxis Xeno-tech from Rogue Trader's The Koronus Bestiary.

Now here is the thing: Eldar are featured heavily too, but have no armory in the book. All their equipment is only statted in the NPC write-ups and has no weight, availability or cost. Do you guys still want that featured in the player armory or should it be left for the planned NPC armories? Thsoe were originally planned for Necron and Tyranid weapons, since these aren't usable by others. What do you think?

#39 Gavinfoxx

Gavinfoxx

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

I think that you should get as many stats in as possible as fast as possible, and eventually shunt everything that doesn't have full stats (and is from npcs and stuff) to their own areas of the document.

Like the Tau Rail Rifle is statted out somewhere, I think, and the Ranger las based sniper rifles and such.

#40 eBarbarossa

eBarbarossa

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Update time!! The latest version can be found at:

http://www.mediafire...4b9x7aqq9avrjz5

It has a separate 'Bestiary' tab that lists beasts and NPCs and such. Tell me what you think and how to improve it. Apart from that, I added gear found under the NPC stats that wasn't covered under the armory sections of the book.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS