Duel between Space Marines

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

The one honour duel which was seen in a Space Marine Battles book was a pair of excoriators.

Their duelling rules was powered armour, helmetless, and astartes combat blade, with victory being first blood from the face.

(All marines are created in Dorn's image, draw blood from that image yadda yadda random chaplain waffling).

Hence it is possible to "win" despite being quite substatially stabbed in the arm, or chest, or whatever.

#22 professor_kylan

professor_kylan

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'd run it as a skill challenge/opposed roll capping out at a certain number of successes required, but I'd run it like this:

Both players describe their actions and gain a bonus for epic stuff (you know the sort). Just a plus ten or so.
Both players then make their rolls, but can roll weapon skill, ballistic skill, or any Skill that is appropriate to the description. i.e. Rolling Scrutinise to judge what they're about to do next. Bluff to mislead before a daring attack. Hell, even Scholastic Lore [Codex Astartes] to remember the best form to face off against a single opponent in melee combat.

The Important thing though, is that you can't use the same roll twice in the duel. If you no longer have a trained  skill or characteristic left that you can roll, you lose. Your opponents wider range of training has bested you this day.

Could be a fun way to make people roleplay a duel :D

• Kshatriya and Avdnm like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS