Deathwatch Play By Post

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Karmadef

Karmadef

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

It's my first PBP, although I have GM'd a few (lol) games before, Dark Heresy,DnD,WoD,nWoD and other systems, the game thats up there at the minute is quite helpful, if you have RoB feel free to use that for Armour mark creation, succesor chapters that are presented in that book are good to go aswell, if someone can link my another Chapter/Succesor that had a decent set of rules I wouldn't be adverse to allowing it. I'd like a good split of roles aswell, we actually have enough to cover all the bases aswell which is cool with everyone.

I would usually roll stats for PnP but I think point build works better for this type of setting, less dice rolling means life = easier? So thats 100 points to spend from base 30 and not spending more than 20 per characteristic. Do you guys have any type of scenario you would like to play in particular? I have The Emporer Protects which I can run if you wish? If not I can sort something else out.

#42 Karmadef

Karmadef

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

Games gonna be called The Emperor's Finest (sorry for the double post)

#43 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:31 AM

I have no adventure preference. Its all new to me.

#44 Drace

Drace

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

I'm down with whatever you want to play, and got a character nearly down, once there is a forum will post it up and do the rolls for fate, wounds, history and armour type (either Heresy or Corvus due to chapter) etc.

So going with a Consecrator Devastator with a suit of extraordinary relic armour (as per the consecrator charcrea).

#45 ygnar

ygnar

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

I'm there as Ygnar, so what's the word on custom chapters? I'm thinking a modified Raven Guard from Dark Reign, the Raven Nightmare. If not then I'll go with a Flesh Tearer assault marine

#46 Karmadef

Karmadef

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

Is there much difference between the Raven Nightmare and the Raven Guard shown there, if not go ahead and use them.

http://www.nerdbound.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

Threads are up!

#47 Swampdowg

Swampdowg

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:39 AM

I was thinking about going with an Iron Snakes Apothecary. (The chapter has a ton to spare as they are attached at the squad level and not the company). They have no clear founding line, however they do count Roboute Guilliman as their line host. If the GM would not be opposed, I would use the Ultramarines as the chapter rules set.

#48 ygnar

ygnar

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

The Raven Nightmare would mostly play the same, though I would take out the Hatred Orks, and the redundant concealment, and silent move. I was planning on making them the "avengers" for the dropsite massacre (it's a secret), so I was hoping to replace them with Hatred (Iron Warriors, Word Bearers, Night Lords, Alpha Legion) respectively. If you think this is too much, then as long as you let me have at least the Iron Warriors I will be good. 

And Swampdowg, there is an Iron Snakes build, javascript:void(0);/*1302973287367*/, it's missing some pieces, but if you go with the Ultramarine founding you can just use those to fill in the blanks.

#49 Swampdowg

Swampdowg

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for the link, I will go with my 2nd choice chapter, Disciples of Caliban. Ill wait for some one to post the char sheet so I can see what format we are going with, then I will post mine up.

#50 Karmadef

Karmadef

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hatred(Iron Warriors) works fine with me, and maybe just changing the Silent Move and Concealment to +10 if you don't think thats to game breaking?

#51 ygnar

ygnar

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

I don't know how nerdbound works with uploads, but www.raphitari.com/deathwatch/DeathwatchCharSheetFillable.pdf is a fillable character sheet. If we are are doing a point build for stats, we could fill in what we can with stats and gear, then upload our sheets. Though if we would have keep uploading everytime we spent xp, that thread could get a chaotic. Just an idea, but anyone who is already playing a game there may have a better one.

#52 ygnar

ygnar

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

Also, how are rolls going to handled?

#53 Drace

Drace

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

The site has a built in dice roller. Or we could use Invis castle, up to Karmadef I guess. And we could just keep a sheet each in the character forum and add in all the updates/exp purchases, with a list underneath the sheet.

Also, got my sheet up there, but not too sure how to have the sheet displayed like other people have been, so I just put it up in an attachment for now.

#54 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

Due to limited time I must announce that I will not take part in the Emperor's Finest game. :( I must accept that I at present don't have the time for two games and thus this one has to go, frankly enough. I will however try to check out how your adventures fare, and wish you all the best of luck! :)

#55 Karmadef

Karmadef

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

Sorry to see you drop out mate, as for dice rollers, if the one on their forum works well enough we can use that for simplicitiys sake.

#56 jer

jer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

If anyone needs me for anything look me up at Nerdbound. I'm not going to be checking this thread any more right now. 

#57 ygg

ygg

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Gosh, seeing this thread only now  Anyone out there still interested in GMing? I read the corebook through and through, but I'm more interested in playing a PC.

#58 felixlucena

felixlucena

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

Greetings Battle-Brothers!!!

I'm Brother Falco of the Black Templars Chapter… And i'm currently looking for a team to play Deathwatch!!! My chainsword is hunger for the deaths of mutants, heretics and witches!!! Looking for a Crusade into the dangers to defeat the enemies of Mankind! For Sigismund and the God Emperor!!!

#59 felixlucena

felixlucena

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

So… I'm up for GM'ing… and i have an idea for an adventure :)

if anyone is interested, write to felixlucena@gmail.com or add me to Skype felixlucena

#60 ygg

ygg

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

Brother Bellerophon of the Blood Angels reporting for duty. I would be honoured to take part in the Kill-team of your choosing. Esteemed Watch Captain what are your orders? Regrettably there are no other Battle-Brothers that I can recommend for this mission…I come alone.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS