Photo

What possible Licences should FFG be looking at?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Wurm-Z

Wurm-Z

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

did anyone say God Of War....hahaha Kratos would be broke of course since hes too awesome lol

Final Fantasy would be great you could settle it between Cloud and Squall

Super Smash Bros. would be to awesome and a really good investment if you ask me....everyone i know loves SSB!!

Castlevania has all sorts of cool characters.....Demitri vs The Belmonts anyone

Vamp D is a great idea also!!!

#42 MardukZero

MardukZero

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

Highly unlikely as it may be, Melty Blood would be full of win.

And while we're on the topic of doujin fighters, why not Queen's of Heart and Eternal Fighter Zero? (Rhetorical, I know the multitude of reasons. Still, a fanset would be awesome -- although Lycee is basicly that game ^_^;;).

#43 Eithinis

Eithinis

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

We need Clayfighters, obviously

#44 Draco Mageat

Draco Mageat

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:03 AM

Otazo said:

I'd love to see Nickelodeon's Avatar the last Airbender in UFS

now that's an interesting idea. the one problem I see with this is the fact that avatar runs off an element system. as 4 of the thirteen symbols are the elements, I could see this being a bit problematic. especially with them being rather unevenly distributed.

BLOODY ROAR!

these posts need sound effects.

zoanthropy would be a nice touch here though (even if taliban has lychanthropy already).

#45 CreedP

CreedP

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:19 AM

The ability to have Ryu vs. Liu Kang would sell UFS, no disputing it.  Beg, borrow, or steal that Mortal Kombat license.  :)

Killer Instinct could work too, along with a couple other coin-op style fighting games like Guilty Gear - but here's a random thought, what if they got the WWE license?  Not that WWE Raw Deal isn't being produced by a company, the license should be up for grabs.  And John Cena vs. Ken would be rather amusing, heh.

CREED

#46 Spectre_UK

Spectre_UK

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

Street Fighter IV

Given the success of the game on 360/ps3 I'm rather suprised that this hasn't already happened. If FFG had released a SFIV expansion around the game release it would have brought in a lot of new players and made them a lot of money. Massive opportunity missed imo.

I'd love to see final fight used, tekken would be cool too. Heres one ip I don't think anyone else has mentioned:- metal slug!

#47 aslum

aslum

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Smazzurco said:

Time Killers

You win at everything!

#48 Smazzurco

Smazzurco

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:32 AM

aslum said:

Smazzurco said:

Time Killers

You win at everything!

Combo E, Destroy 1 green card, 1 orange card, 1 grey card, 1 blue card, and 1 character card: Remove your opponents remaining limbs and head

if you have played the game you will understand :P

#49 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

I asked my friends who used to play UFS what it would take to get them back into the game and they, like me, said Guilty Gear.

I would give just about anything for a set of cards about Bridget. I think Bridget's theme ought to be bait-and-switch: exchanging cards players have in the card pool for those in hand. This would reflect both the character's use of the yo-yo as a weapon, and also the deeper meaning in that what you see isn't always what you get...

#50 Grizzlegrom

Grizzlegrom

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:32 PM

DOA would be sweet, I just wish they would start getting just generic franchises like Street Fighter instead of specific games like they did with KOF2006 and SC 3 &4

#51 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

To be fair, when Sabertooth had the license, they started out with Soulcalibur III, so FFG was kind of painted into a corner since making the SC4 cards simply "Soulcalibur" would have made no sense.

#52 Draco Mageat

Draco Mageat

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:19 AM

the more I play it, the more I think bloody roar would go down well. I mean really, you've got vampires, werewolves, cat people, a bringer of darkness, almost everything dalkstalkers has, plus pheonixes, mad scientists, assasins, robot ninjas, elephants.

I really can't see why this wouldn't sell. especially as you'd get a proper transformation mechanic. (flip cards?)

#53 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

I dont think DOA will ever make it in because the fan base is so small except for kasumi....

#54 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:04 AM

OhSteven said:

I dont think DOA will ever make it in because the fan base is so small except for kasumi....

Who told you this? O_o

#55 orchunter13

orchunter13

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

Mortal Kombat all the way :D

I'd love to see cool battles like Subzero vs Pyron, or Scorpion vs Nightmare, or even Reptile vs Lizardman.

Also, even though it's not technically a fighting game (more a beat 'em up), I think that Koei's Samurai/Dynasty Warriors (or Warriors Orochi) would be pretty cool for UFS. Good characters, good stories, and some pretty sick attacks. I personally think that this would be pretty cool, though that's just me.

Finally, I think that FFG should expand a tad bit more on the limited edition Warhammer UFS cards they made for the release of WAR online :P

But, that might just be me.

-Kryzen Beastfang

#56 Tifer

Tifer

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom needs to happen.

#57 ShippuJinrai

ShippuJinrai

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

I would love to see GG or BlazBlue but probably won't. Other than that video game wise i would like to see SF4, King of Fighters XI, and that's pretty much it. PLEASE not MK. That is a cursed franchise. Everything associated with it turns to crap.

However, absolute best UFS set in history would be either.

1. Fist of the North Star or 2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Each franchise, especially JoJo's has like ten thousand awesome characters and could translate into very unique mechanics.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS