FFG on the Curse of the Dark Pharaoh Revised Edition

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 limiter3118

limiter3118

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

Ah, I see.  I haven' been around the forums for quite a while.  Great to see you again Tibs. :)

#42 Charles_Bronson

Charles_Bronson

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

I agree with everything. Keep up the good work! :)

#43 joebelanger

joebelanger

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

The rules for "The" state that the two expansions ("The" and " ") should not be played together. Does that mean that I should remove my Barred from Neighborhood cards from my game? Are there no more barrings from neighborhoods?

#44 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

Apparently, not unless you retain the Arkham Encounter cards from the original set (which coincidentally, I'm doing with my expansions)

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#45 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

Correct. The barred from neighborhood cards have been replaced by the patrol markers. And every card has been replaced by an updated version. So if you keep both old and new cards you will have "duplicates" of everything.

#46 causeitwasfunny

causeitwasfunny

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

You know, I was never upset about the revised expansion coming out.  I saw others complaining about it in the forums, but I figured if I already had one version there was no push to buy another.  Now that I'm hearing about all the additional rules and mechanics, I'm really considering getting it anyway.  I love the support that FFG puts into their games.  They make up the majority of my collection and I'm always interested in trying out more.  I wish there was a FFG center around my hometown, so that I could participate in events and demos.

#47 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

I own the first edition of this expansion and was  was considering getting the revised one  for the new Exhibit Encounter mechanic. Is it worth it?

Do the new patrol markers replace the barred cards, or can I still play with both?  Are the Arkham encounters/Mythos cards  exclusive to the revised edition, or are they duplicates of the former one?

#48 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Here you have Tibs' exhaustive dissertation on New vs Old. Hope this helps

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#49 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Julia said:

Here you have Tibs' exhaustive dissertation on New vs Old. Hope this helps

Thanks

#50 TerryTate

TerryTate

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Does anyone know if any of the other expansions are going to be Revised in the near future?   I just bought DP (revised) as my first expansion, but want to make sure my next expansion purchase isn't one that's going to be retired soon.   Thanks in advance!

#51 Judgement Dave

Judgement Dave

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

TerryTate said:

Does anyone know if any of the other expansions are going to be Revised in the near future?   I just bought DP (revised) as my first expansion, but want to make sure my next expansion purchase isn't one that's going to be retired soon.   Thanks in advance!

I'd imagine that you're pretty safe with any of them now. As the first post states, DP was the first expansion and didn't have the same look/feel as the other expansions. The revision was to bring it inline with the other expansions. 

As all expansions (except the original DP) now have the same look/feel it's unlikely that they'll revise any of them. 

Besides, I'd imagine that FFG don't do a revision without really needing to. A revision may not sell well to owners of the previous version and may cause some ill feeling and confusion amongst them. Better to spend the time/effort doing another brand new expansion that gives something totally new to everyone.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS