Vampire: The Eternal Struggle as a LCG?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Bored last night I did some reading up on the Vampire back-story.  It seems like a pretty rich world, I can definitely see people getting sucked into the lore.

It does look like the mmo is a long way out, though and may not even be released if their upcoming DUST mmo doesn't do well enough.  If it DID come out the chance for a card game tie-in seems reasonable, and as pointed out FFG has a good track record.  Plus, since it sounds like CCP isn't doing well financially selling the license would provide an influx of up-front cash that they could probably use :)

#22 sleevan

sleevan

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thanks to Netrunner, I would buy all of this, sight unseen. 

• Hank McCoy likes this

#23 gdotbat

gdotbat

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

With the rumors going around of FFG working on an LCG based on the World of Darkness with different factions such as Vampires, Werewolves, Mages and Hunters, I am VERY excited!!

I absolutely LOVED V:TES back in its day and I have been longing for another great multiplayer LCG. I love AGoT but I need something else in a more Fantasy or Sci-Fi setting

I was hoping for an LCG based on Tannhauser or Warhammer 40k, but WoD would do just nicely! 

#24 skwizzle

skwizzle

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

gdotbat said:

With the rumors going around of FFG working on an LCG based on the World of Darkness with different factions such as Vampires, Werewolves, Mages and Hunters, I am VERY excited!!

Here's the thing, though. As far as I can tell, the only evidence for these rumors are a couple of threads on 4chan, from people who allegedly attended playtesting sessions. Since these posters were anonymous, they could've all just been one troll making up the whole thing out of thin air, and then replying to themselves.

Here's a link to an archive of one of threads.

For one thing, obviously people are violating NDAs. Somebody's been talking about Fight Club. More than one person, if you believe that thread. However, I was part of the Netrunner playtesting group, and it was done entirely differently. It wasn't held at an FFG Event Center, it was all online.  (PDFs distributed, printed out, and sleeved, etc.) I figured that with the success of Netrunner, any further LCG playtests would probably be done in a similar manner. Maybe they're doing it in a more controlled environment, because they're worried about leaks? (Which is funny, because Netrunner didn't have any leaks, and this one has had a HUGE one!)

However, if I had to bet, I'd say this is a hoax. There is currently zero evidence for it.

#25 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

skwizzle said:

However, if I had to bet, I'd say this is a hoax. There is currently zero evidence for it.

While I would be throwing my money at FFG if it turned out to be true, I also feel that the sources of these rumours are very dubious.

#26 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

Most recent news on VTES is that http://www.vekn.net/ has been negotiating with CCP and such to print on demand expasions. This is actually likely the second best thing for VTES, perhaps, though a rehash and turning it into an LCG with backwards compatable cards would be first. I tired of CCG formats, and, despite the VTES community naysaying otherwise, I think VTES would work fair enough as an LCG.

Core set: 4 starters of 72 cards (this includes vampires), but have them be duel clan to get extra vampire clans in there and proceed to release 3 copies of 30 cards packs. You can slowly make some progress on the 8 clans introduced in the core set, and then release the larger boxed expansions for sabbat or other such new groups.

It could work.

#27 Suka044

Suka044

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

I would LOVE for FFG to turn V:tes into a LCG. i used to play v:tes, and i thought it was a lot of fun. the mechanics were great. with how people would ally together and the whole polital system it had. im pretty new to the LCG model but i love it. i just started playing netrunner and starwars and it just seems like V:tes would be a great fit for a LCG. i know it might be a long shot but i really hope this could happen

#28 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

vermillian said:

Most recent news on VTES is that http://www.vekn.net/ has been negotiating with CCP and such to print on demand expasions. This is actually likely the second best thing for VTES, perhaps, though a rehash and turning it into an LCG with backwards compatable cards would be first. I tired of CCG formats, and, despite the VTES community naysaying otherwise, I think VTES would work fair enough as an LCG.

Core set: 4 starters of 72 cards (this includes vampires), but have them be duel clan to get extra vampire clans in there and proceed to release 3 copies of 30 cards packs. You can slowly make some progress on the 8 clans introduced in the core set, and then release the larger boxed expansions for sabbat or other such new groups.

It could work.

Unless the rumors are true in which case it would be vampires, Hunters, Werewolves and Mages as the 4 starter decks.

#29 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Seriously, who MADE these rumors anyhow?

#30 skwizzle

skwizzle

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

vermillian said:

Seriously, who MADE these rumors anyhow?

Anonymous. On 4chan.

#31 vermillian

vermillian

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

So we're just chatting about a completely possibly made up fabrication by someone who is quite possibly a bored twit?

#32 skwizzle

skwizzle

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

vermillian said:

So we're just chatting about a completely possibly made up fabrication by someone who is quite possibly a bored twit?

Yup!

#33 Vyrolakos

Vyrolakos

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

This would have made such a good LCG.

Which is probably true to say of a lot of the early CCG's that came and went in a flash, but if I were looking to reanimate any CCG as an LCG, this one would definitely be in my top three. Assuming they can create a workaround for the multi-player requirement.

My top three CCG's for LCG treatment?

In no particular order:

• Netrunner (Thank you FFG! :wub: )
  • Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
  • Legend of the Five Rings (although, that one is still going as a CCG after 17 years! :o )

Not that there's anything wrong with the LCG's that have already been released, but these would be my top three.

Playing: Android: Netrunner

Maritime Games Club

A role-playing, card games and boardgames club in the Medway Towns (Kent, UK)

#34 Blutsteigen

Blutsteigen

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Would love to see this return as a LCG, great background, depth and scope.

I second this response; we'd be all over it as well. That's a blind pre-order.

Edited by Blutsteigen, 21 January 2014 - 07:46 PM.

#35 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

while we're bringing back old white wolf card games: how about a Rage LCG?

But VTES with the NWOD clans would be cool. I even have the name and slogan:

Vampire: Modern Nights... a Living card game about the Undead

#36 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

It's already been confirmed FFG will not be doing VtES.

#37 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

VtES still has an active player community. Virtual sets, tournament support, etc.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS