• 132 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

Update: v05r7 20131216

Added:

• Salamanders Chapter Trappings
  • White Scars, all elements

To Do:

• Validation on Advances from most 'recent' updates
  • New stuff - if people want to start making requests again, I will see what I can do...

Deathwatch Character Sheet Generator

#222 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

Also going to look at adding the effects of Power Armour to characters. This will most likely mean having a check box that says you are wearing your armour and/or helmet. If checked, then the modifiers will apply.

#223 SonofDorn

SonofDorn

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

Also going to look at adding the effects of Power Armour to characters. This will most likely mean having a check box that says you are wearing your armour and/or helmet. If checked, then the modifiers will apply.

That sounds fantastic! Once again, thanks for all that you've done and continue to do for the community.

"The soul of the Imperial Fist can be found in his sword."

#224 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Update: v1r1 20131217

As this is a new version (I'm calling it version 1), existing characters may need to be rebuilt, although I have added an update function to avoid this where possible. This is mostly because of the new functionality for wearing/removing a helmet. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Fixed:

• Validation on Advances - there are still some Advances that are not validated, so just double-check the requirements
  • Removed the password references (for those that were tinkering)

Added:

• Power Armour History Characteristic Effects - these are starting to be calculated; if an effect is starred (BS +5*), then it is included in Characteristic
  • Check box to determine if helmet is being worn - if not checked then Head AP = 0

Edited by Tricky110974, 18 December 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#225 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

I still get error 9 every time I try to save a character.

As am I. Is there any way to clear this up on our end?

Also, in the Power Armor History, the result "To Forget is to Forgive. Forgive nothing." displays the Gain Hatred (any) talent in the Power Armor History Field, but not in the Space Marine Talents and Traits field.
I don't know if this was intentionally done or not, but I thought it was worth pointing out. 

Thanks for the fantastic work that you've put into this spreadsheet Tricky!

I've begun to add Power Armour History effects, starting with Characteristics. Next up will be Advances, which I hope will be easy, using a similar process to Elite Advances.

• SonofDorn likes this

#226 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

Known Issues/Requests:

• Power Armour Effects - Ongoing; Non-conditional characteristics bonuses are now added; other effects still to do
  • Chapter Trappings Benefits - Outstanding
  • Custom Chapter - q. 13,17 & 18; not exactly sure what the issue is, need more information
  • Power Armour History choice to allow option of 1 above and 1 below with random roll - outstanding

If anyone is aware of other issues, let me know.

Edited by Tricky110974, 18 December 2013 - 06:25 AM.

#227 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Update: v1r2 20131218

Added:

• Characteristic bonuses for Chapter Trappings [Wyrm-hide, Raven Claw and Raven Calvaria)
  • Descriptions of Chapter Trappings now appear below the selection list when highlighted to aid choices (if an effect is marked * then the bonus is included)
  • Added the Power Armour History Effects to the Notes section on page 2 of the 'official' sheet and altered the layout of the Power Armour History on the alternative sheet.

Workaround:

• If you gain a bonus talent from Power Armour History then choose an Elite Advance for 0 cost. I've not been able to create the code that allows a Talent selection from the Power Armour History code yet.

I've started looking at the additional content in First Founding (New Chapter Pasts, Advanced Specialties, Additional Chapter Rules and Chapter Wargear). Can't promise when this will be available, but it is my next focus. If I ever get all that done, then I'll begin looking at Honour the Chapter.

#228 stormdonkey

stormdonkey

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

First of all I think you did an amazing job with the file.

Thank you very much. I just entered my player character, a Space Wolf Librarian.

I noticed some minor bugs though: (I hope you are still looking for feedback)

- I bought Peformer (Storyteller) and although it did put it in the sheet, it did not check the box.

- Evaluate should be checked as a basic skill.

- The Damage and Penetration of the Force Staff is not rising with Psy. It shows only +3 although I bought another Rank of Psy-Rating.

I will write again if I find other things.

Edited by stormdonkey, 19 December 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#229 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Thank you very much. I just entered my player character, a Space Wolf Librarian.

- I bought Peformer (Storyteller) and although it did put it in the sheet, it did not check the box.

- The Damage and Penetration of the Force Staff is not rising with Psy. It shows only +3 although I bought another Rank of Psy-Rating.

Will check the skills, but I was under the impression that only the skills detailed in the rules were given, regardless of what was shown on the character sheet. I know that there was a skill that was described but not checked on the sheet (dodge?). The Performer skill should have checked though.

Will look into the Damage and Penetration issue.

EDIT:

• Have not been able to recreate the Force Weapon issue. The code adds Psy-Rating to any Force weapons.
  • Performer skill is fixed for next release.

Edited by Tricky110974, 19 December 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#230 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

Update: v1r3 20131220

Fixed:

• Performer skill on 'official' sheet

Added:

• Additional Chapter Pasts from First Founding

#231 stormdonkey

stormdonkey

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

As per page 93 and 98 of the core rulebook, Evalutate is a Basic Skill and described. So it should be checked as a Basic Skill, shouldn't it? Maybe I didn't get some Errata-info.

And I also don't want to sound stupid or sarcastic or like an ass.

The force weapon issue did not occur again... I don't know why it did not work the first time.

Will check the skills, but I was under the impression that only the skills detailed in the rules were given, regardless of what was shown on the character sheet. I know that there was a skill that was described but not checked on the sheet (dodge?). The Performer skill should have checked though.

#232 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

As per page 93 and 98 of the core rulebook, Evalutate is a Basic Skill and described. So it should be checked as a Basic Skill, shouldn't it? Maybe I didn't get some Errata-info.

And I also don't want to sound stupid or sarcastic or like an ass.

The force weapon issue did not occur again... I don't know why it did not work the first time.

Apologies. I misunderstood the issue. I thought that you asking for Evaluate a free starting skill. You are correct, Evaluate should be checked as basic. This has been done. Not made a new release as the fix was so minor.

Let me know if you get the Force Weapon issue again. Excel and Visual Basic can be twitchy and sometimes, things just don't work on an occasion.

Edited by Tricky110974, 21 December 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#233 Ephel

Ephel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Thank you for the great job!!!

#234 Spawn of the Emperor

Spawn of the Emperor

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

Hi Tricky,

First of all, magnificent work, that is your character generator.

I have found a problem with the deed price of victory.

The problem are the two mastercraft cybernetics.

The sheet generator  tells me that my reputation is not sufficient.

Do you have a workaround for that?

Another question is the extension Honor the Chapter.

Will you integrate this in you sheet?

Thanks again for the magnificent work until now.

#235 Killbeggar

Killbeggar

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

The problem are the two mastercraft cybernetics.

The sheet generator  tells me that my reputation is not sufficient.

Do you have a workaround for that?

There is a checkbox called Ignore Reknown on the wargear tab that you can check to take the equipment you're looking for.

Edited by Killbeggar, 02 January 2014 - 04:16 PM.

"The Heraldic Cross stands proud on my chest where the Astartes of lesser chapters wear the Emperor's Aquila.
We do not wear His symbol, we ARE His symbol."
- Reclusiarch Grimaldus of the Black Templars, Hero of Helsreach

#236 SonofDorn

SonofDorn

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

I can't wait to see this thing finished!

#237 MrSoopavillin

MrSoopavillin

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

Is this still being worked on? I would love to see Carharodons be added to the Chapter list.

• [S]ir[B]ardiel likes this

#238 SonofDorn

SonofDorn

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

I know it may take Tricky a while to get to it all, but the work he/she has done has been phenomenal and for that, has my deepest thanks =)

#239 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

I'm late to the discussion, but I'll point out that one of my players is an unemployed graphic designer who came up with his own DW character sheet. You can check it out on his gaming blog.

#240 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Just a quick message to say I'm still around. I feel guilty when people thank me for the work knowing that there's so much more that I can do if I had the time.

I checked out my latest development notes and my next task was to look at the new advanced specialties from First Founding. These can be a little challenging and need a little planning that still leads to some trial and error. This means I need adequate time to code or a loose my rhythm and end up having to start over.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS