Official Answers from Kevin Wilson

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

Guys, this thread is not for asking questions. It is only for posting answers.

Please ask questions in the main forum.

#62 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Being arrested in Innsmouth vs Being arrested in Arkham (Tim Uren official answer):

The dynamics are slightly different. When an investigator is arrested in Arkham:

• He loses half of his money and is delayed.
  • He places his investigator token (on its side, since he's delayed) in the Jail Cell.
  • If this occurred during the Movement Phase, he skips the Arkham Encounter Phase of this turn.
On his next turn
  • He does not get an Upkeep Phase.
  • The only thing he can do during his Movement Phase is stand his investigator token up and move it to the Police Station.
  • He does not get an Arkham Encounter Phase.
After that, he continues play normally.

When an investigator is arrested in Innsmouth
  • He loses half of his money and is delayed.
  • He places his investigator token (on its side, since he's delayed) in the Innsmouth Jail.
  • If he was arrested during the Movement Phase, he must resolve the Jail Break ability on Innsmouth Jail  during the Arkham Encounter Phase of this turn.
On his next turn
  • He does get an Upkeep Phase.
  • The only thing he can do during his Movement Phase is stand his investigator token up.
  • During his Arkham Encounters Phase, he must again resolve the Jail Break ability on Innsmouth Jail  during the Arkham Encounter Phase of this turn.

When Martial Law is in effect in Innsmouth, an investigator in Innsmouth Jail must make the Evade –1 check at the end of his Movement Phase to avoid being arrested for Martial Law, even if he is delayed. Each time an investigator is arrested in the Innsmouth Jail, he loses half of his money and is delayed.

If he has not been arrested again, he continues play normally afterwards.

Tim Uren
Associate Creative Content Developer

Edited by Julia, 11 September 2013 - 02:17 AM.

• The Professor likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#63 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

This forum collects official answers. To ask for specific answers you should start a new topic.

#64 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

This forum collects official answers. To ask for specific answers you should start a new topic.

Is this referred to me? Sorry, I don't get your point here

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#65 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Clarification on how to resolve Zhar's special ability:

Zhar's ability does interrupt the steps of resolving a mythos card. Finish resolving the card once the ability stops adding more mythos cards.

To address some of the specifics, when investigators must open a gate, the doom track advances and then the gate opens. At that point, before a monster appears, roll the two dice for Zhar's ability. If doubles are rolled, start resolving another mythos card. If investigators must open a gate while resolving this card, the doom track advances, the gate opens, and then roll 2 dice for Zhar's ability again. Once you resolve a mythos card without Zhar's ability causing you to resolve another card, finish resolving each of the mythos cards that were drawn. Start with the one most recently drawn and proceed in the order opposite to that in which they were drawn.

When resolving a mythos card that opens two gates, do not advance the doom track, but open the gates one at a time in the order in which they appear on the card. So, it is possible for Zhar's ability to create a string of mythos cards from the first gate and then, after all of the cards in that string have been completely resolved, to create a second string of mythos cards opening the second gate.

The mythos ability of each card is resolved after the gate opens. So, for determining which environment card takes precedence:
The mythos ability of each environment mythos card replaces previous environment cards. (The earliest environment drawn in a string of mythos cards will take precedence over others because it will be the last environment resolved. Hopefully that bit of bookkeeping makes sense.)

For determining which rumor card takes precedence when resolving a string of mythos cards:
Ignore the mythos ability of rumor cards if a rumor is already in play. (So if no rumor was in play before resolving this string of cards, the last rumor card drawn will be the only one put into play since it will be resolved before any other rumors.)

Hopefully that provides a not-too confusing model of how to handle Zhar's ability.

Tim Uren
Associate Creative Content Developer

Edited by Julia, 17 September 2013 - 02:47 AM.

#66 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

No no... someone posted a question here and that was my response to it. I wonder where it went?

#67 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

No no... someone posted a question here and that was my response to it. I wonder where it went?

Uh? Mystery... thanks for clarifyin', I was worried I had done something wrong ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS