-Evil Jesse

STUFF:

Edge of the Empire: Talent Trees; Force Powers; Character Sheet

#23 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:57 AM

Okay, so i might be nuts, but over the weekend i decided to expand the map.  The map you guys have seen is roughly 16,500 pixles by 16,500 pixles. 

The new expanded map which grows westwards, northwards and eastwards (and will probably grow south too) increases the size to 24,000 pixles by 24,000 pixles.  This should incorporate all fo Norsca and the northern Chaos Wastes, a very large portion of the Badlands and possibly Khemri.

Details to come.

Gitzman

#24 Gallows

Gallows

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

Gitzman said:

Okay, so i might be nuts, but over the weekend i decided to expand the map.  The map you guys have seen is roughly 16,500 pixles by 16,500 pixles. 

The new expanded map which grows westwards, northwards and eastwards (and will probably grow south too) increases the size to 24,000 pixles by 24,000 pixles.  This should incorporate all fo Norsca and the northern Chaos Wastes, a very large portion of the Badlands and possibly Khemri.

Details to come.

Gitzman

Your nutsness is much appreciated mate 

#25 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:25 PM

It's like asking for a beer and getting a bottle of whiskey! Fun all around!

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#26 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

Gitzman said:

Details to come.

Gitzman

You are crazy... But we are very much waiting for THE map

...Come to mind - What could be next? Maybe little further to the west (Ulthuan)...

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#27 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:46 AM

Okay so i did a bit of research about Ulthuan and it will be problematic.  I was originally going to do Norsca and Ulthan instead of Badlands, but the thing is this...

Ulthuan is off the west coast of Araby, and qutie a ways off the coast at that.  So in order to do Ulthan, i'd have to expand the map south quite a ways first.  So after determining that, i decided to expand north to the pole, and east to fill in the Badlands.  I'll also likely expand south a bit with the intent to make room for expanding into Ulthuan in the near future. 

So Ulthan is probably 3rd in line, after Badlands, and after Araby/Khemri.

NOTE: i still need help with someone who runs Linux and wants to contrbute a few hours to help keep the Google Maps up and running.  Please see the post above for details.

Gitzman

#28 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

I noticed that Hugeldal is not where the "Death of the Reik" postermap of that part of empire has it.  In Gitzman's gorgeous work it's upriver of Ubersreik, on the Teufel, whereas in the Death on the Reik map it's S-SE a little over 10 miles away (the village of Messingen between them, there's a not-quite-road trail/track between them).

I like that positioning better as it "off in the back end of nowhere", if you're not heading to the mining area around it.  That seems more suitable for "what's going on there".  The adventure itself also says (p.33) that it's most easily accessed by road and doesn't mention river.

#29 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:58 AM

valvorik said:

I noticed that Hugeldal is not where the "Death of the Reik" postermap of that part of empire has it.  In Gitzman's gorgeous work it's upriver of Ubersreik, on the Teufel, whereas in the Death on the Reik map it's S-SE a little over 10 miles away (the village of Messingen between them, there's a not-quite-road trail/track between them).

I like that positioning better as it "off in the back end of nowhere", if you're not heading to the mining area around it.  That seems more suitable for "what's going on there".  The adventure itself also says (p.33) that it's most easily accessed by road and doesn't mention river.

Hey thats great info!  I was having a hard time placing Hugeldal because all i could go off of was what was written in the WFRP3 book which was very vague.  I didnt realize Death on the Reik had Hugeldal on the map, i'll have to check it out and adjsut its location. 

I love community involvement in this project!  I never would have got that one on my own =)

On a seperate note, my previous mentioning of expanding into the BADLANDS was wrong, im expanding into the DARKLANDS.  Also, i think that the likelyhood of expanding the map into Ulthan is looking better and better as i move along.  I have aligned the southern expansion with the southern tip of Ulthan off to the west.  So i'll finish Norsca, then Darklands, Then Badlands, then Araby, then Ulthan.  Like a big backwards C around the Empire.

On the down side, the map is now WAY bigger than 4ft x 4ft.  lol.

Gitzman

#30 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:02 AM

Happy to help.

On similar note from that earlier edition map you see there is an overland route heading east from Ubersreik to Stimmigen and then Dunkelberg.  That Ubersreik sits on both a river-trade route and an overland (Bogenhafen-Dunkelberg) route seems supported in material in Edge of Night, page 9, which has the road running east through the "goblin infested Blitzfeslen Hills" to Dunkelberg.

This would mean the Blitzfelsen Hills mentioned in Gathering Storm have a road through them (likely further south than that adventure has heroes moving around in).

This would mean revising your map to not have the marsh area run all the way south to mountain (I think Gathering Storm has it stop in "hills" in any event), inserting hills and then showing the road running across the hills.

#31 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

@V,  Good info, i'll adjust the map accordingly.

GOOGLE MAP UDPATE:  Over the weekend i was able to hook up with a great community member, Jacob McQuaid who helped me get the scripts running again for the Google Map version of the SHDMotWOW which now accuratly reflects the most current version of the map at www.GitzmansGallery.com.

This version has many updates to Sylvania, The Moot, Kislev, and a variety of smaller updates throughout the Old World.

Many thanks! Please enjoy.

Gitzman

#32 The Strolling Bones

The Strolling Bones

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

And How!

My day has been made with this news Gitz!

#33 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

Just you wait to see what we have to do on the podcast as a thank you to Jacob =) 

Gitzman

#34 odd

odd

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:09 AM

I can't wait to hear it.

odd/Jake

#35 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:49 AM

valvorik said:

@V,

I am unable to find that map, do you have a copy i can see?  If not please provide as detailed a description of the location as you can, either from where it is now on the SHDMotWOW or from other landmark that both maps share.  I do nto have Messingen on my map, so i'd like to add that as well.  Any help would be appriciated.

Re Blitzenfel Hills and roads through the Uberslecht between Ubersreik and other towns to the east.  I am hesitant to add a road accross the Uberslecht as the Gathering Storm map clearly shows there are no roads which i think takes presidence over previous editions.  However i did add the hills on the roads to the east to match the description you provided as best as possible.  When i post the next edition you can give me some more feedback and let me know if it works. =)

Gitzman

#36 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

Your map, your call.  Edge of Night (this edition) notes the road east from ubersreik through the blitzfelson hills (that lie south of oberschlect etc) to towns to the east.

I would have to scan the postermap and send it, not sure about the copyright issues of that.  I will provide the detailed description in a few days.

#37 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

Double post/deleted this one.

#38 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:44 AM

valvorik said:

Your map, your call.  Edge of Night (this edition) notes the road east from ubersreik through the blitzfelson hills (that lie south of oberschlect etc) to towns to the east.

I would have to scan the postermap and send it, not sure about the copyright issues of that.  I will provide the detailed description in a few days.

@V, ok i think i have an idea that will work, and this is maybe what you already stated earlier, but at least this time i understand it =).

I will add hills south of the Oberslect and north of the mountains and stretch them east so the existing road off to the east of the oberslecht  goes through them as well.  That would satisfy the description in Edge of Night but also stay true to the 3rd edition map.

If you are able to scan the map or a portion of it, please send me an email so i can check it out and place Hugeldal properly.

Thanks again for the support =)

Gitzman

#39 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

Tried emailing your address at glitzman's gallery but it bounced - I did send you my email in the friendship request.

#40 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

hmm try me here: jburke.design at gmail.com

Gitz

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS