Jump to content



Photo

Character half sheet expansion


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:28 AM

I've created an add on for the half sheet that comes with the core box set, I like the official sheet but noticed that their was some info that the player was supposed to remember, such as passing out, power/faith vent threshold and corruption threshold, so I created a sheet that sits under the half sheet and expands it slightly. If anyone wants to take a look and give me feedback that would be great, I very new to the system so if you could check my notes that would be even better. the page numbers listed are from the core set not the players guide.

SHEET

All the best

Mike



#2 skolo

skolo

    Member

  • Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

its nice. is it possible to make it more Warhammer style?



#3 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

    Member

  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Fantastic work!  It'd be nice if someone found a way to do these up nice using StrangeEons, to give'em that Warhammer flair!

I'd also like to see a wounds, healing and recovery summary card as well.



#4 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

skolo said:

its nice. is it possible to make it more Warhammer style?

 

Thanks for the input, I wanted to use a Warhammer font but couldn't find one. If you have any surgestions, I'd be up for it, as long as it didn't get in the way of it's functionality. This is the first draft and it's done in MS Word.

Cheers

Mike



#5 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

GoblynKing said:

Fantastic work!  It'd be nice if someone found a way to do these up nice using StrangeEons, to give'em that Warhammer flair!

I'd also like to see a wounds, healing and recovery summary card as well.

That's a great idea I'll put a wound summary where the Comet place holder is.If you also have any surgestions as to how to make it more Warhammery then fire away, I'm looking at making some grime and splash marks to take down the boldness of the coloured box's. I was going to add a parchment background to the outside, but it was a waste as I cut them down to make them as small as possible.

Cheers

Mike



#6 Windjammer

Windjammer

    Member

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

CharlieBananas said:

skolo said:

 

its nice. is it possible to make it more Warhammer style?

 

 

 

Thanks for the input, I wanted to use a Warhammer font but couldn't find one. If you have any surgestions, I'd be up for it, as long as it didn't get in the way of it's functionality. This is the first draft and it's done in MS Word.

Cheers

Mike

 

It's en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caslon_Antique



#7 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:46 AM

Thanks for that, I'll adjust the font.



#8 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

    Member

  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

Windjammer said:

CharlieBananas said:

 

skolo said:

 

its nice. is it possible to make it more Warhammer style?

 

 

 

Thanks for the input, I wanted to use a Warhammer font but couldn't find one. If you have any surgestions, I'd be up for it, as long as it didn't get in the way of it's functionality. This is the first draft and it's done in MS Word.

Cheers

Mike

 

 

 

It's en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caslon_Antique

That's the font I've been using in my custom character sheet that I've been working on.  As for making for Warhammer-esque, I'd definitely use some sorta parchment/papyrus background, and the blood spatters would be a nice touch as well!



#9 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

So I've played around with it and tarted it up, remember it's A4, when you print it out and cut it bown it should be a bit bigger than the Half Sheet and that should cover the rules notes.

Sheet

All the best

Mike



#10 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:14 AM

I wish I could edit my posts!

When I uploaded the file last night I was in a bit of a rush, anyway this morning I've printed it out and the half sheet fits fine, I think my printer is on the way out though, and white font on black is a bit spidery and hard to read, the solution may be to make the black boxes a lighter colour.

As you can see I added a summary of the wound, healing and death rules, I'm new to the game so if anyone could check the rules boxes out and confirm they are right, that would be great.

All the best

Mike

 



#11 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

Sheet



#12 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

Or...

pic 2

What one looks best?



#13 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

    Member

  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

CharlieBananas said:

Or...

pic 2

What one looks best?

This one is my favorite! I dig the lighter background up top and the parchment/papyrus style background is sweet!

If you have access to Photoshop or GIMP, there's a great tutorial for how to add blood splatters to an image here.

I used the method on the character sheet that I've been working on.  Though seeing what you've done here, I may just scrap it and go for the half-sheet add on idea! Great work!

Keep in mind though that the "Stressed" and "Fatigued" conditions vary depending upon the characteristic (i.e. you can have several "Stressed and/or Fatigued" characteristics at once, so a single number for each may not be the best representation).

Example:

A character with the following Characteristics:

St 3

To 2

Ag 4

In 2

WP 3

Fel 2

Suffers four fatigue.  Now when he rolls a check that uses toughness, he adds two black misfortune dice to the roll.  In addition, when he rolls a check that uses strength, he adds one black misfortune die to the roll. So you may want to do away with the "Fatigued" and "Stressed" boxes altogether.

 



#14 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for the kind words, they're appreciated. The Fatigue and Stress box are really there to indicate when you are Strained and when you should start checking for added misfortune dice, but I'm not sure how to put that across on the sheet, I will add that into the rules summary boxes.

Cheers
Mike

 



#15 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

    Member

  • Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

CharlieBananas said:

Thanks for the kind words, they're appreciated. The Fatigue and Stress box are really there to indicate when you are Strained and when you should start checking for added misfortune dice, but I'm not sure how to put that across on the sheet, I will add that into the rules summary boxes.

Cheers
Mike

 

That would be perfect!



#16 CharlieBananas

CharlieBananas

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:58 PM

Here's the final version...

LINK

Added a box for Distressed and clarified the fatigue Stress thing, if anyone wants to host it that would be fine.

 

All the best

Mike



#17 Emirikol

Emirikol

    ~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

  • Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

Another bump to this one :)



#18 Emirikol

Emirikol

    ~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

  • Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

RE: Character sheet design for WFRP3.  Here's what the new D&D one looks like. I always dreamed about having a good program (like HeroForge) that would put all this WFRP3 stuff on a sheet for you with the option to go with or without the cards...

 

http://www.enworld.o...d!#.U6Ie4PldXkM

 

jh


Edited by Emirikol, 18 June 2014 - 06:18 PM.

  • Mexorlon likes this

#19 Mexorlon

Mexorlon

    Member

  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

good idea..as long as they don't do the hole eratta deal like d&d insider have done, thus making the books more or less worthless


Edited by Mexorlon, 28 June 2014 - 02:15 AM.





© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS