#42 dagoose

dagoose

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

ROLE: player

LOOKING FOR: GM, Group

,TYPE OF GAME: F2F, online

SESSION SPECIFICS: voice based preferred (I'm a slow typer)

REGION: Ventura, CA

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Saturdays are best for me about once to twice a month is all i can pull

GAME STYLE: up for any. like puzzles

GAME SPECIFICS:good with anything within reason. have been playing the tabletop for 15 years so get a little hung when too far outside fluff but still open to try

COMMENTS: have GMed a few sessions but want play. pretty new to the pen and paper rpg thing but am very flexable.

thanks,

Josh

#43 tlavalle

tlavalle

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

i know there is an addon for fanasty grounds 2 that does dh but i think with some work it can do dw.

#44 Brother Shatterstone

Brother Shatterstone

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:38 AM

ROLE: Player

LOOKING FOR: GM, Group

TYPE OF GAME:
PbP (Play by Post; hopefully a faster moving one)

GAME STYLE: Narrative (Combat should have its place but I'm not interested in it being the only factor)

GAME SPECIFICS: Actually, I'm not too particular as either of these elements would be okay with me... ( e.g. FEMALE SPACE MARINES, NON DEATHWATCH SPACE MARINES) AKA I'm not such a sticker for cannon that non cannon options (like female marines) would bug and/or offend me... nor would playing a single chapter offend me... (Though as my avatar suggests I know more Dark Angels fluff/backstory than anything else.)

I do have a number of books, including all three core books, so a hybrid game featuring 2 or more 'systems' wouldn't bother me either.

Hell, I would even play a Fallen... ;)

COMMENTS: I've never played Deathwatch, and actually I'm fairly new to BL/FFG 40k RPG system having only played a prefabricated character for Dark Heresy for any length of time. (I was in the process of finalizing a character when the game went kaput.) So simply put I will end up having questions, some likely stupid, and will likely need a patient group/GM while I figure things out. :)

I have played many systems via PbP (Mostly D&D and M&M) and have been active in PbP for 10 plus years... So I know both its charms and its downfalls.

Also, if anyone reads this if you know a forum dedicated to FFG RPG PbP please let me know. I would be interested in checking it out.

Thanks for your time.

#45 LiveUnderBridge

LiveUnderBridge

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

ROLE: Player, although if the group rotates GMing, I'd be fine with that too

LOOKING FOR: Group

TYPE OF GAME: In person

SESSION SPECIFICS: In person

REGION: Minneapolis/St. Paul area of MN (Bonus points if it's in the south Metro)

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Somewhat flexible, evenings would naturally be better

GAME STYLE: Deathwatch

GAME SPECIFICS: Generally in keeping with established 40k lore.  Non-DW marines would be fine, so long as I'm still playing marine.  A DH/DW game would also be fine.

COMMENTS: I'm currently in the process of moving to the area and am looking for a group.  Hopefully someone here has an opening!

#46 Brothercorky

Brothercorky

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

Role: Player

Looking for: Group

Type of Game: Online

Session Specifics: Preferably with voice chat, maybe implements like Map Tools.

Region: North America, West Coast.

Session Time: Very flexable, you tell me when and I'll be there, Pacific standard time.

Gamestyle: Flexable, preference on narrative.

Game Specifics: Preferably remains in line with Warhammer Lore.

Comments: Am new to this in general, I'll play as anything, though preferably Techmarine. I literally just want to play the game and have fun.

#47 grsspirit

grsspirit

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

ROLE:Player, GM

LOOKING FOR:GM, Group,

TYPE OF GAME:Face to Face,

REGION:   LONDON, ENGLAND

GAME STYLE :Anything

GAME SPECIFICS:Well Space Marines!!!

COMMENTS: Looking for a group or people who want to play Deathwatch. I know the system well and Warhammer 40,000 very well!

My hotmail grsspirit@hotmail.com  if u want to get in contact with me.

#48 Memento Mori

Memento Mori

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:32 AM

ROLE: player or GM, I am (hopefully) ready for either

LOOKING FOR: GM/group

TYPE OF GAME: in person

REGION: Portland, OR, USA

GAME STYLE: I would like a nice balance of combat and narrative

GAME SPECIFICS: I would like to play in accordance with the rules and WH40K lore

COMMENTS: I am totally new to RPing, having played board games and console games for the last decade or so and have finally taken the plunge into tabletop RPGs, but I know the system (and to a lesser extent, all the wonderful lore) and I am very eager to learn and try, so if there are any Portland, OR gamers out there with a group and/or looking for one, please (please!) reply back

#49 Steeljaw

Steeljaw

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

Role: GM

Looking for: 5 players

Session Specifics: Using Maptools and Ventrilo for OOC chat

Region: North America, Central.

Session Time: Every other Friday 9pm to midnight starting Aug.5

Gamestyle: Balance of story based narrative and challenging combat

Game Specifics: Running adventure The Shadow of Madness from Game Masters Kit (if all goes well and group wishes to continue will turn into ongoing campaign)

Comments: Looking for dedicated players that want to have fun in the grim dark future of Warhammer 40k.  Please see link to post for game invite specifics.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19236

#50 Gavmando

Gavmando

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

LOOKING FOR: GM, Group and Players

TYPE OF GAME: Face to Face

SESSION SPECIFICS: Chilled out and friendly

REGION: Australia - Sydney, Eastwood/Epping area idealy

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Local

GAME STYLE: I'm a complete beginner so pretty much anything

GAME SPECIFICS: 

COMMENTS: Hey peoples.

I'm looking for anyone who plays Deathwatch in Sydney. I'm really not having much luck with this.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to RPGs, but i'm more than willing to learn.

Does anyone out there in our population of 4 million play Deathwatch? I cant be the only one interested in this!

#51 EternallyFrozen

EternallyFrozen

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

Looking for: GM and Players

Type of Session: Any (prefer face to face)

Session Species: relaxed, fun

Region: New England

Session Time and Timezone: GMT-5:00, evenings

Game Style: any

Game Specifics: flexible

Comments: I'm new to the game so I'm just looking for some people to have some fun, relaxing, simple few games before we get into the intense stuff

#52 AdeptAbyss

AdeptAbyss

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

TYPE OF GAME: Online

SESSION SPECIFICS: Any

REGION: UK/Europe

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: GMT

GAME STYLE: Any

GAME SPECIFICS: Any

COMMENTS: None

#53 ZyloMarkIII

ZyloMarkIII

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:13 AM

ROLE: GM/Player (Preferrably player, but I can work as a GM)

LOOKING FOR: Players

REGION: Las Vegas, NV, USA

SESSION TIME: Wednesdays or Thursdays at 4:00 PM PST

GAME STYLE: Slightly more focus on combat

#54 ormir

ormir

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

ROLE: GM / player

REGION: Aberdeen, Scotland

COMMENTS: Heya, I'm moving to Aberdeen from Finland in September, and would like to get a Deathwatch game going (grim city, need some escapism hahah)! Fairly experienced as a GM, and moderately experienced with Deathwatch. I'm more than happy to run a game with anyone familiar with the 40k universe, no previous RPG-experience necessary.

#55 Battle-Brother Julianus

Battle-Brother Julianus

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

ROLE: GM

LOOKING FOR:  Players

Type of Game:  Face to Face (or possibly online)

SESSION SPECIFICS:  Standard Role-playing of 5-6 hours per week

REGION:  US Western Region

Session Time/ Time Zone:  Arizona Time Zone; (identical to Pacific Time at the moment)  evenings on Thursday or Friday nights

GAME STYLE:  Balanced although heavy Role-playing and on-going character/team development

COMMENTS:  Use of standard rules and errata (no game mechanics house rules will be used),  new players preferred/ welcomed,  mature minded GM, looking for like minded players  that place importance on the role-playing of there personas.

#56 Xavant

Xavant

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

Role: Player (Front line, Fire Support, Intel/Reconn, Medical Support)

LOOKING FOR:  GM & fellow players 

NOT LOOKING FOR: Immature Gamers (You all can stay on your own side of the sector!)

Type of Game:  Face to Face preferred / and or, online too 

Session Needs:  Role-playing as times and days that fit the need of the group/guild

Region/Session Time/Time Zone:  US Western Region / Central California (Fresno/Clovis area) /

Open to playing times which meet the needs of playing within the group/guild. With allowances of

real-world necessities (ie, Family life, and so forth).

Game Style:  Balanced although heavy Role-playing and on-going character/team development. 

Looking for a solid gaming GM & Players that take WarHammer 40k in a serious tone and yet,

have time for enjoying the game and comraderie. Not looking for whinners or cry babies

(yes, this includes Rule Lawyers!). Arguments over this or that. GM has the final verdict and that

ends any trivial slow-down of the game!  

I want to be certain that if I am chosen or asked to join in a group/guild, I want to fit like a needed

piece of a puzzle! I don't want to waste anyones time and I expect the same in return!

Point of Contact: MSN Messenger/Email> tactician93612@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time and consideration! 

#57 Battle-Brother Julianus

Battle-Brother Julianus

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

We need more players like you or I really liked what you posted in terms of the type of gaming you like ( I come from the same cloth).

#58 Chioxin

Chioxin

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

LOOKING FOR: A group, and a GM of course.

TYPE OF GAME: Preferred face to face [and English], but I could do online.

SESSION SPECIFICS: Voice, or IRC

REGION: East Coast, Canada, Montreal. [No car =( Subway!]

SESSION TIME AND TIMEZONE: Evenings, East Coast

GAME STYLE:  Narrative, heavier on story and character development. Exploration and discovery are a plus.

GAME SPECIFICS: I'd like to play with mature individuals. Folks who can have a good time and crack a few jokes, but this setting is dark and foreboding. I'm kind of looking for a game that really hinges on this. So while the jokes are fun OOC, IC it should be serious. Granted, we've all read many books and are well aware marines have their own sense of humor too =) I hope I make sense. I'm not a "NO FUN ALLOWED" kinda guy, but, marines don't crack jokes about my little ponies either =)

COMMENTS: Looking to really meet people within the Montreal area doing this, but I'm willing to explore online play as well. I just kind of want that ideal gathering around a table to have a good time with people in RL, as well as taking part in telling a good story. I could also very much take part in Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader.

As a player it's important to note that min maxing and maximizing my character is not a thing I do, or can do. It bores me, and kills my desire to play. So if your group is HEAVY on these, it's best NOT to consider me. We'll have problems. =/ I had problems in my last group, because I acted like my character and then got the book slammed in my face stating I'd be more efficient going this way instead. So ya... Keep that in mind. Total turn off.

If it's important to the DM, I really want to play a Dark Angel, or a Space Wolf. Specialty not decided as of yet.

#59 Wolfmanss

Wolfmanss

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

ROLE:Player

LOOKING FOR:GM, Group, Player

TYPE OF GAME:Face to Face

REGION: Randers/Hobro, Denmark

GAME STYLE :Anything

GAME SPECIFICS:Well Space Marines!!!

COMMENTS: Looking for a group or people who want to play Deathwatch. Currently we are 4-5 players some on and off. Ages between 17-38.

#60 danbond

danbond

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

Looking For: GM, Group
Session Specifics: Voice chat (Vent/Skype)
Region: USA, EST
Session Time: Weekdays after 9pm EST (except Thursday), Saturday afternoon/evenings
Game Style: Action, narrative, fun (not overly serious)
Game Specifics: 50/50 mix of combat to story. Not interested in gaming with those who have no life in the real world.

Comments: 40k player and currently a very active Pathfinder player. Would love to try out Deathwatch (Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy too) via maptools or other online system. 

Molon Labe

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS