Home Brew Powers-- a dedicated thread

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#41 mattherobot

mattherobot

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

Isn't Magma's wild flare a better version of Shadow's?

#42 Rubric

Rubric

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:33 AM

There is a problem with Magma and Frost.   I like the thematic ideas, but they share a weakness that pops up in home brews all the time.  Shared bases are not a good target for alien powers, because you only gain them through alliances or deals. 

This type of power can basically be paraphrased as "You have the power to make sure nobody will ever ally with you."   You might gain an ally or two when defending.  But, why would anyone ever help you on offense (or invite you to help their offense)?  All that does is give you a target for your power.  By the same logic, why would anyone ever make a deal with you? 

If your ability is to penalize people who cooperate with you, they just won't, and you will have no power.

#43 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

It's nice that this thread has its own sticky, but it could use even more love. I just wandered over to the Arkham Horror threads, and they've got some nice-looking solutions for fan-produced stuff. It's all separated, with its own graphics, and it looks like a lot of thought and care went into it. It's worth checking out ... and then implementing here. 

#44 MarkHB

MarkHB

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

I just thought of these this evening.  Perhaps all they're good for is proving that I have spent too many years in IT...

VENTURAN -- Researches Tech with Lucre

You have the power of venture capital.  Instead of using ships to research your Tech, use this power to apply Lucre to the card instead on a 1:1 basis.  When you have fully researched your Tech or if the Tech card is flipped prematurely, all invested Lucre returns to the box.  If you lose the use of this Power, you must substitute ships on a 1:1 basis for any invested Lucre on Tech cards that are not fully researched and return all invested Lucre to the box.  If you do not have sufficient ships available to cover, you must still return all invested Lucre to the box.

Phase: Regroup; Mandatory

History: Arising on a planet full of resources considered valuable by the other worlds but of limited practical application, the Venturans quickly learned to shop for what they needed.  Now they are embarking on a spending spree across the Cosmos.

Use only in a game with Technology and Lucre.

Wild Flare: Once per turn, you may invest 1 Lucre on a Tech card instead of a ship.

Super Flare: You may invest 2 Lucre per encounter rather than 1.

------------------------------------

GATZ -- Licenses Tech from Others

You have the power of licensing.  You do not receive Tech cards of your own.  However, in any encounter in which you are a main player or an ally, you may use this power to take any other player's completed Tech card and use it as your own, in exchange for an amount of Lucre equal to half the research cost of the card, rounded up.  You must return the Tech card to its owner at the end of the encounter if it is still usable.

Phase: All, Optional

History: Lacking a creative streak, the Gatz lurk on their rainy world envying their more accomplished brethren.  They have resolved to rise up from laughingstock status and terrorize those who looked down upon them.

Use only in a game with Technology and Lucre.

Wild Flare: After winning your first encounter of a turn, you may pay 5 Lucre to draw a new tech card instead of sacrificing your second encounter.

Super Flare: By paying the full research cost of the Tech card to its owner in Lucre, you may keep the Tech card permanently, as if you had researched it.

#45 mattherobot

mattherobot

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

TheDukester said:

It's nice that this thread has its own sticky, but it could use even more love. I just wandered over to the Arkham Horror threads, and they've got some nice-looking solutions for fan-produced stuff. It's all separated, with its own graphics, and it looks like a lot of thought and care went into it. It's worth checking out ... and then implementing here. 

It's because there is a program for AH (Strange Eons) which allows VERY easy creation of attractive-looking homebrew material. Until we get blank alien and card templates, it's going to be a lot of work to do anything similar.

#46 Messianic

Messianic

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

DIRGE [M:FFGfo] Gains turns when losing Christopher Oliveira

You have the power of Mourning. Whenever you lose an encounter as the defensive main player, take a Mourning token. At the end of any one of your offensive encounters, whether you have won or lost, you may discard a Mourning token and immediately take another “mourning” turn. If you win this “mourning” encounter, you may not discard any more tokens until every other player has gone and it becomes your turn again. If you lose this “mourning” encounter and still have Mourning tokens, you may discard another one and take yet another “mourning” turn. If you have a second natural turn you may not discard a token on your second natural turn if you have discarded one after your first.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Advanced. This is a Rules type power.

Wild: Whenever you lose an encounter as a main player or ally, you may discard cards up to as many as the number of your ships lost to the Warp and then draw a new card for each one discarded.

Super: Whenever you lose an encounter as the defensive main player, the offensive main player must not take a second turn, if this was his second turn, take another Mourning token.

History: Normally a rather emotionless civilization prizing the lives of their own, the Dirge take the intense sorrow the feel and use it as energy, spurring themselves to action. The universe has yet to see the disastrous results of their own interplanetray warfare; and the Dirge just may bring their sorrow-causing ways back on thier heads.

#47 oatesatm

oatesatm

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

Still haven't gotten to know all the powers out there, so forgive me if this is a repeat in any way, and I'm of course open to suggestions.  My intent here was to come up with something that has the potential to backfire (such as Mirror or Calculator), but is powerful enough to be somewhat disruptive.  Although, I might need a little help with the flares, I think what I have is okay, but so far, flares seem to be the most difficult part of devising an alien power.

I did have the thought of changing the phase from 'after encounter cards are revealed' to 'after encounter cards are selected but before they are revealed'.  Please let me know what you think after you look at it.

MANTIS (Devours Opponent's Encounter Cards)

You have the power to Prey.  As a main player, after encounter cards are revealed, you may use this power to discard your opponent's encounter card and force him or her to play another encounter card.  You may do this as many times in an encounter as you have ships involved in the encounter (For example, if you have 3 ships in the encounter, you may force your opponent to discard up to 3 times).  If, after using your power, your opponent has no encounter cards left in his hand, he or she discards the remaining cards and draws a new hand, then the encounter continues normally.

The Mantis have struggled for centuries at cultivating lasting friendships with other species, even amongst their own kind they have a tendency of turning their houseguests, visiting for a meal -- into the meal.  They look innocent and mild when observed in their natural environment, remaining still in fervent prayer, but don't be fooled by their sincerity, otherwise you might find yourself invited over as ... err, for a meal.

Wild Flare

As a main player, you may force your opponent to take his encounter card back into his hand and replace it with another encounter card, if he or she has no other encounter cards, your opponent cannot play an encounter card in this encounter and the encounter continues normally without your opponent playing an encounter card.

Super Flare

If, after using your power, your opponent has no encounter cards left in his hand, he or she discards the remaining cards but does not draw a new hand, you then win the encounter.

#48 Messianic

Messianic

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

HARBINGER [M:FFGfo] Wins easier than opponents Christopher Oliveira

You have the power of Omen. All other players must have 6 external bases instead of 5 in order to win.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Novice. This is a Rules type power.

Wild: If you lose an encounter as a defensive main player, you may destroy any one colony of the offensive main player of his choice, excluding the colony he just established at your loss. Give this card to him.

Super: You win the game if you have 4 external bases instead of 5.

History: The Harbinger are a dark and foreboding legion of soulless beings. Hailing from a black hole, these conquerors will stop at nothing until the entire universe is annihilated. Each victory they gain is a sign that the end is near.

NIGHTMARE [M:FFGfo] Replays negative events Christopher Oliveira

You have the power of Recurring. At anytime in an encounter where a card was played that had a negative effect on its opponent, you may take that card and place a token of the color of the player it was played against on it after it is discarded. You may take any offensive edicts, flares, techs, or you may take the losing player's encounter card. You may discard a token of a player's color and use the discarded card against the player whose color matched the token on it only if it is a valid timing and only if you are a main player or an opposing ally in the encounter. Once these cards are played they are discarded. You may only take one card per encounter, but you may use as many as you have during an encounter. You may not hold more than 3 cards waiting to "recur", and cards waiting to "recur" cannot be taken, lost or harmed by any power or effect. If you are zapped the card takes no effect and is discarded.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Expert. This is a Rules type power.

Wild: Whenever you win an encounter as an offensive main player, your opponent must keep their losing card instead of discarding it.

Super: You cannot be zapped. There is no limit to the amount of cards you can have waiting to "recur".

History: Wake up sleeper! Your own worst fears have come upon you, again and again! Trapped in the labriyth of subconscious, when will this nightmare end?

#49 The Warp

The Warp

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

oatesatm said:

Mantis is probably a little too close to Chronos, which I expect we'll see in an upcoming release (it's a classic alien that's been around awhile.

#50 Messianic

Messianic

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

I must have inspiration or something... anyways:

ZENITH [M:FFGfo] Ignores certain players Christopher Oliveira

You have the power to Shun. At the beginning one of your offensive encounters, after receiving a ship from the Warp, declare a certain player to be shunned and give them your Shun token. A shunned player cannot attack, use their power against directly or indirectly, ally with or against you, or play any card that would directly or indirectly effect you. You cannot encounter this player and they cannot encounter you; another Destiny card must be drawn. You do not have to change who you shun each turn you have. A shunned player can Cosmic Zap you to un-shun himself. Do not use in a 2 player game.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Advanced. This is a Rules type power.

Wild: You may stop any one player from receiving any kind of rewards as an offensive or defensive ally.

Super: A shunned player is effectively out of the game unless he is a main player or an ally.

History: The Zenith have expanded their Psionic gifting to such a high degree that they virtually shield themselves from those they deem to be inferior. This has quickly led them to taking over their mostly gas giant solar system, where even adverse weather patterns are treated as non-existent.

ELITE [M:FFGfo] Controls resources Christopher Oliveira

You have the power to Micro-manage. At the beginning of the game only you draw a hand of cards; this hand must be replenished to 8 cards at the end of every encounter. These cards effectively belong to all the players but are inaccessible unless they need to be. If you are the main player in an encounter you may choose an encounter card and play it face down, then give the hand to your main opponent who does the same. The hand goes back to you after his cards is played face down. Other cards such as edicts and flares may only be played by the player who is currently in  possession of the hand. If you are not the main player in an encounter then you must give the hand of cards to the offensive main player first who will chose and play an encounter card face down, followed by the defensive main player, then the hand is returned to you. This power does not stop players from gaining cards of their own via their power or consolation or deals, but they can never draw a hand of their own even should they run out of their own cards.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Expert. This is a Resource type power.

Wild: Draw a hand of 8 cards of your own if you have no cards. You may use cards from either hand, but the Elite hand must go back to the Elite player whether or not you use a card from that hand.

Super: You may use this to force all other players to discard half of their cards at random, rounded up. These discarded card now become your own personal hand that is not shared with other players. You may use valid cards from either hand at any time when they are in your possession.

History: Very wealthy and powerful beings have devised a plan for universal domination. First they agreed to control the economy of every galaxy they can find, then they will plan on massive population reduction before the forced slavery begins...

#51 The Warp

The Warp

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

I like Harbinger quite a bit... I edited the wording a little in the database entry to read "All other players need one more foreign colony than normal in order to win"... or something to that effect- so it doesn't name a specific number (in case people are playing 4 bases to win, or some other variant).

I would suggest adding something to the Super that maybe forces Harbinger to reveal the card when he gets it...  The old Miser wild was exactly the same (win with one fewer bases), but it was changed in two subsequent publishings because people felt the sneaky win you couldn't do anything about cuz you didn't know anyone had the card was kind of a cheap way to win. 

#52 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

Messianic said:

At first I read this as one sentence, as if the player had to lose Christopher Oliveira to gain a turn.  True story.

#53 oatesatm

oatesatm

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:41 AM

The Warp said:

oatesatm said:

Mantis is probably a little too close to Chronos, which I expect we'll see in an upcoming release (it's a classic alien that's been around awhile.

Man, I tried so hard to come up with something unique, but not unrealistic according to the spirit of the game. Thanks for checking it out, maybe I should try to get more acquainted with everything that's out there because the FFG version is my first. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Adam said:

Messianic said:

At first I read this as one sentence, as if the player had to lose Christopher Oliveira to gain a turn.  True story.

I also read it that way and looked up and down the alien trying to figure out who/what Christopher Oliveira was.  I personally have a habit of trying to mod myself into a game, so it wasn't totally out the realm for me, I just wouldn't expect someone to post it, so I thought it was funny ... until I realized I was reading it wrong.

#54 The Warp

The Warp

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:53 AM

The good part about making up an alien that is already in the game is that you're at least thinking along the right lines. 

The first list of aliens to check out would probably be the list with Mayfair as Author: redamedia.com/warp/anypower.php3

It includes all of the Eon aliens and quite a few additional ones... and even the Eon aliens they modified are close enough to the original to give you an idea of what it's supposed to do (Doppelganger is the most significanly changed alien, and I have my own revision of it as well). 

After that, I'd recommend perusing Matt Stone's aliens, and Gerald Katz (and mine!).  Probably best to skip over the "themed" aliens at first since I doubt we'll be seeing those for some time.

#55 Big Head Zach

Big Head Zach

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:08 AM

Check out the Bizarro while you're at it. ;)

#56 Messianic

Messianic

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

I was trying to type it out the way it appears in the Warp, sorry for the confusion, I'll reprint the last two ones with my name underlined to make it easier on peeps along with a bunch of new suggestions. Feel free to edit the notes to your knowledge of the game Jack if you think the power is of a different type or requires a different skill level. If any of these powers are ripoffs please let me know as well. Thanks.

ZENITH [M:FFGfo] Ignores certain players. Christopher Oliveira

You have the power to Shun. At the beginning one of your offensive encounters, after receiving a ship from the Warp, declare a certain player to be shunned and give them your Shun token. A shunned player cannot attack, use their power against directly or indirectly, ally with or against you, or play any card that would directly or indirectly effect you. You cannot encounter this player and they cannot encounter you; another Destiny card must be drawn. You do not have to change who you shun each turn you have. A shunned player can Cosmic Zap you to un-shun himself. Do not use in a 2 player game.

Wild: You may stop any one player from receiving any kind of rewards as an offensive or defensive ally.

Super: A shunned player is effectively out of the game unless he is a main player or an ally.

History: The Zenith have expanded their Psionic gifting to such a high degree that they virtually shield themselves from those they deem to be inferior. This has quickly led them to taking over their mostly gas giant solar system, where even adverse weather patterns are treated as non-existent.

ELITE [M:FFGfo] Controls resources. Christopher Oliveira

You have the power to Micro-manage. At the beginning of the game only you draw a hand of cards; this hand must be replenished to 8 cards at the end of every encounter. These cards effectively belong to all the players but are inaccessible unless they need to be. If you are the main player in an encounter you may choose an encounter card and play it face down, then give the hand to your main opponent who does the same. The hand goes back to you after his cards is played face down. Other cards such as edicts and flares may only be played by the player who is currently in possession of the hand. If you are not the main player in an encounter then you must give the hand of cards to the offensive main player first who will chose and play an encounter card face down, followed by the defensive main player, then the hand is returned to you. This power does not stop players from gaining cards of their own via their power or consolation or deals, but they can never draw a hand of their own even should they run out of their own cards.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Expert. This is a Resource type power.

Wild: Draw a hand of 8 cards of your own if you have no cards. You may use cards from either hand, but the Elite hand must go back to the Elite player whether or not you use a card from that hand.

Super: You may use this to force all other players to discard half of their cards at random, rounded up. These discarded card now become your own personal hand that is not shared with other players. You may use valid cards from either hand at any time when they are in your possession.

History: Very wealthy and powerful beings have devised a plan for universal domination. First they agreed to control the economy of every galaxy they can find, then they will plan on massive population reduction before the forced slavery begins...

DREADNOUGHT [M:FFGfo] Creates black holes. Christopher Oliveira

You have the power of Compression. Whenever you are a main player in an encounter, either after alliances have been made but before encounter cards have been played, or after encounter cards have been revealed, you may declare "Black Hole". All ships involved in the challenge are set aside in a special area, all cards used in the encounter are also set aside in the special area; both players effectively lose the encounter. When ever you wish to create a new black hole, all previous cards and ships must be returned to players who owned them, all ships return to bases and all cards return to player's hands.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Advanced. This is a Combat type power.

Wild: At the beginning of one of your offensive encounters you may chose one card from each of your opponent's hands at random and set them aside together, these cards are effectively removed from the game until you lose this card. When you lose this card all cards all returned to their original owners.

Super: Your ships are not set aside from the encounter and do not go to the Warp when you create a Black Hole. You may continually create Black Holes until you lose possession of this card. When you lose this card all ships and cards are returned to their original owners.

History: A very highly advanced race of aliens specializing in dimensional travel and combat, the Dreadnought are rarely seen on the battlefield. Perhaps this is because in dire times they can trap a few of themselves and enough of their enemies in alternate realities long enough to win a larger war raging outside...

OUTCAST [M:FFGfo] Covers star systems. Christopher Oliveira

You have the power of Outbreak. You do not have normal 20 ships at the start of the game, but instead have as many ships as their exist external planets in the game. You do not win the game by having a certain number of external bases; instead you win by having all of your tokens out of the Warp and on to all the external planets. You are only allowed to put one ship in the cone as a main player or ally and are only allowed to have one ship on each external planet. You are free to have as many as you want on home planets. You win any encounter in which you play an attack card in automatically; even if your opponent's total would normally win. You cannot lose your power by any means, and cannot be Cosmic Zapped.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Expert. This is a Rules type power.

Wild: You may use this to win any encounter in which you play an attack card in automatically; even if your opponent's total would normally win. Discard this card.

Super: When you lose an encounter your ships do not go to the Warp but return to one of your homeworlds. If you have no ships to draw from the Warp at the beginning of your turn draw a card instead from the deck.

History: The Outcasts are not specifically a race of aliens on their own, but are a utopian community of rejects from all different alien homeworlds. These ones looked down upon have planned to reorganize the universe to be a harmonious place where rejection no longer exists by intermingling on all possible worlds.

ROMAN [M:FFGfo] Taxes ships on shared planets. Christopher Oliveira

You have the power of Imperialism. Whenever an offensive player begins their turn, and you have a ship on a planet in which the offensive player also has a ship, you may demand a card from him at random for each of his ships on each planet in which you both have ships. If the offensive player runs out of cards or does not have enough to pay his tax, he draws a new hand and his turn ends as a loss.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Novice. This is a Resource type power.

Wild: If you are a main player in an encounter and your main opponents shares any colonies with you on any planet, take a card from him at random, if he then has no encounter cards, he must draw a new hand and loses the encounter.

Super: Whenever you begin your turn as the offensive main player you may also demand a card for each ship owned by every player who has ships on your homeworlds, for each homeworld.

History: The Roman legions slowly started to conquer the galaxies in their range of control and now desire to spread their influence as far as they can. All aliens that have been subjected to these beings have been force to pay tribute to their leaders and give worship to their gods.

MIRAGE [M:FFGfo] Creates false planets. Christopher Oliveira

You have the power to Deceive. Whenever an offensive main player wins an encounter in which you were not involved in, you may declare a "Mirage". The defensive main player returns his ships to his other colonies besides the one just lost, and the planet the offensive main player has just won is replaced with a false planet counting for no one and possessed by no one. The defensive main player now has an extra planet in his system and also an unoccupied homeworld. The offensive main player now has a colony on a "Mirage" planet that doesn't count towards a win for any player. When a "Mirage" planet becomes unoccupied it is removed from the game.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Advanced. This is a Combat type power.

Wild: Whenever you lose cards as a result of a deal or consolation, or any power directly used against you by another player, draw a card for each one lost in this way.

Super: You may also use your power as a losing defensive main player.

History: Reptilian beings from a desert world, these creatures know the difference between reality and illusion. Watching other creatures in their world follow after sunstroke-induced deceptions, they learned of the weakness of a dehydrated mind. Unfortunately for their adversaries, the Mirage have developed their technology to mimic this effect, allowing them to confuse their attackers.

TITAN [M:FFGfo] Linked to lone homeworld. Christopher Oliveira

You have the power of Presence. You do not have the normal amount of home worlds at the beginning of the game; instead you have only one huge home world in which you place all your ships. As a main player in an encounter your total amount of ships is equal to all your ships on your home world, instead of how many you put in the cone or have defending a colony, unless that total would be less.

Notes: The recommended experience level for this power is Expert. This is a Combat type power.

Wild: As a defensive main player your total amount of ships is equal to all your ships on your home planets, unless that total would be less.

Super: As a main player in an encounter your total amount of ships is equal to all your ships outside of the Warp, instead of how many you put in the cone or have defending a colony, unless that total would be less.

History: The Titan are beings of legend. Supposedly huge beings able to crush most other lifeforms with ease, they are actually normal-sized beings with immense power gained through a spiritual link to their galaxy-sized home world that is said to literal be their mother. The hearts of these beings are linked to each other in a mystic connection even they themselves do not understand.

#57 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:43 AM

Elite is a super neat idea, like a reverse Doppleganger.  It's especially interesting to imagine him interacting with hand powers like Mind, Miser, Doppleganger, Aura, Mutant, etc.  All of which could work in the same game as Elite but would have to use different strategies.

#58 Toomai

Toomai

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

RAGNELL [M:TG] Ships Worth More As Allies

You have the power of friendship. As an ally, use this power for each of your ships to be worth 3. You may also make your ships subtract from the total if you wish. Your ships are worth 1 each for rewards (as usual).

In addition, as an ally, use this power for any Reinforcements you play to be worth 2 more than their original value.

History: The Ragnells are an extremely loyal race, and will give no sympathy to those they choose to be their enemies. All must prepare themselves if the Ragnells enter a battle to fight for their friends.

Wild: As an ally, once encounter cards are revealed, you may send up to 4 extra ships.

Super: You may ally with any number of ships you want (i.e. more than four).

This is an Expert and Combat power.

#59 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:50 AM

The subtract option seems like an unneccessary complication of the power, which is otherwise pretty neat.  Only against Loser it would be helpful.  Your ships would already subtract against Anti.  Of course, maybe you're just trying to make the other side lose, but I don't think anyone would invite an alien/player willing to do that.  It's a cool power though, similar in concept to Sapient from Cosmic Online.

When would you declare the subtract option, anyway?  Before cards are played, before they're revealed, after?

#60 oatesatm

oatesatm

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Alright --- I tried to redo Mantis, mainly because I like the name, and added Panthera.  And, I'd like to get some feedback on them, I think I have the right idea here, but they might need a little tweaking to make them Warp-Worthy, and any suggestions are appreciated.  As always, I apologize if they are repeats in any way.

MANTIS (Devours Opponent's Cards)

You have the power to Prey. As a main player, before encounter cards are selected, you may use this power to force your opponent to discard as many cards in his or her hand as you have ships in the encounter.  If, after using this power, your opponent is left with no encounter cards in his or her hand, they must continue the encounter without playing an encounter card (playing no encounter card is equal to playing an attack 00 card).  If your opponent was left with no encounter cards, after the encounter is resolved, your opponent discards his or her remaining cards, if any, and draws a new hand.

The Mantis have struggled for centuries at cultivating lasting friendships with other species, even amongst their own kind they have a tendency of turning their houseguests, visiting for a meal -- into the meal. They look innocent and mild when observed in their natural environment, remaining still in fervent prayer, but don't be fooled by their sincerity, otherwise you might find yourself invited over as ... err, for a meal.

Wild Flare

As a main player, after encounter cards are revealed, you may change your opponent's encounter card into an attack 00.

Super Flare

As a main player, before encounter cards are selected, you may look through your opponent's hand and choose the cards you want to discard up to the number of ships you have in the encounter.

PANTHERA (Hunts Opponent's Ships)

You have the power to Hunt. Whenever your player's color or a wild card is drawn from the destiny deck, move all ships from a foreign colony to another planet in the same system and use this power to send any other player's ships on that planet, up to the number of ships you moved, to the warp.  The ships you send to the warp may come from several oppponent's. 

If you do not have any foreign colonies, and your player's color or a wild card is drawn from the destiny deck, you may use this power to send 4 ships from any of your colonies to the warp to establish a foreign colony, on any other player's planet, with 2 ships from any of your colonies.  The ships coexists with the ships already there, if any.  If this power is zapped, you do not lose the sacrificed ships to the warp.

Having roamed the darkest reaches of their homeworld, the silent but deadly Panthera have become such adept hunters that even the bravest of explorers not dare venture into the depths of the planet's surface.  But with visitors no longer stumbling into their daunting abode, the Panthera are being forced to sacrifice their comfort zone and broaden their hunting grounds beyond the confines of the atmosphere and into the vast horizons of the cosmos.

Wild Flare

As a main player, before encounter cards are selected, you may take 1 ship from any of your colonies and move it to another colony.  On the planet you move your ship to, send 1 ship from any opponent on that planet to the warp.  You may not strip a planet of your ships, or establish a new colony, in order to use this flare.

Super Flare

Whenever your color or a wild card is drawn from the destiny deck, you may move all ships from a foreign colony to another planet in any other player's system and send all opponent's ships on that planet to the warp.  If this card is zapped, you may still use your alien power as normal.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS