Photo

Sung in a Pitch as Dark as Night >> Announcing the Witch's Song, a new WFRP Adventure!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

well, in my online store in the netherlands there was 7th of May 2011 from the start... ill ask in Poland

#22 korknadel

korknadel

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

Gallows said:

I am not german but I think faulig means something along the lines of putrid.

Exactly: http://dict.leo.org/...=&search=faulig

(Also the famous line from Hamlet, there is something rotten (in Kislev :)) translates to german with "faul", so the name Fauligmere for a fishing village not only hints to rank smells and rotten fish, but also to the fact, that something else is wrong there.)

"Mere" is not actually a german word. But it sounds like "Meer", i.d. the sea, or "mehr", which means more.

#23 Graf

Graf

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

Yes, that's absolutely true. (Good catch with the Hamlet-quote, korknadel).

Moreover, it is spelled like the work "foul". 

#24 Lautrer

Lautrer

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

Graf said:

Yes, that's absolutely true. (Good catch with the Hamlet-quote, korknadel).

Moreover, it is spelled like the work "foul". 

I could also be "Märe" which means sth. like a narrative poem. Sth. like a Fairytale gone bad, maybe.

Ei, ja ja jaaaaa! FC Kaiserslautern!

Wir singen und tanzen

auf jedem Fussballplatz.

Ein Schuss, ein Tor, die Lautrer!

#25 korknadel

korknadel

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

Obviously it's still not yet available in Europe.

I'm not good at waiting.

I was quite patient with the Guides and Vaults, but with a new "real" boxed supplement, it is a different thing.

#26 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:06 AM

It's not available in any local stores near me yet, so I ordered direct from FFG on Monday morning. It's expected today or tomorrow. I did have to email Customer Support on Tuesday night to find out why my order hadn't shipped. I then got emails first thing Wednesday from several FFG people saying it had been shipped.

Excellent news, because my wife wants to play a hedge witch ...

#27 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

Anyone heared when it will be avaliable in Europe? I talked to my FLGS where I buy my games and they said that they don't no.

#28 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

22nd of Feb in in my Dutch shop. Will see if thats true.

#29 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:46 AM

Yay! My copy arrived this morning. Looking at it right now.  Mmm hedge magic/witches are pretty cool...

#30 Lautrer

Lautrer

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

dvang said:

Yay! My copy arrived this morning. Looking at it right now.  Mmm hedge magic/witches are pretty cool...

Please dvang, more information please!!!

Wir singen und tanzen

auf jedem Fussballplatz.

#31 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:40 AM

What would you like to know?

It's mostly adventure (pretty thick, and I haven't read more than the intro yet).  At the back are rules for hedge magic.

Hedge Witch career card, Warlock career card (advanced hedge witch career), plus a handful of Hedge Magic spells, cards for the NPCs in the adventure, standups and tokens for the adventure.

I love Hedge Magic and how the Witch/Warlock operate.

#32 Lautrer

Lautrer

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:50 PM

Sounds good. How much Hedge Spell Actions are coming with the adventure? What are the Career Abilities for the two new careers?

Thanks.

Wir singen und tanzen

auf jedem Fussballplatz.

#33 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:07 AM

Ok, so I got a news. The Witch's Song will be avaliable in Europe between 15th Febuary and 22th Febuary, or it should be avaliable in many stores.

Personaly I can't wait for it becouse of the witches and hedge magic, but so far as i heared the adventure is one of the best. So let's hope that it will be soon in Europe.

#34 chrull

chrull

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:34 PM

Just got mail from my local store and they have recieved The Witch's Song. So there will be happy singing here in Stockholm today.

#35 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:52 AM

Lautrer said:

Sounds good. How much Hedge Spell Actions are coming with the adventure? What are the Career Abilities for the two new careers?

Thanks.

I had no chance yesterday to look.  As I recall, from memory, there were about 8 hedge magic spells. As a teaser, though, I'll hint that hedge wizards/warlocks aren't necessarily restricted to the 8 hedge magic spells for spell choice.

Hmm, I get confused between the Hedge Magic "order" card and the career abilities, so I can only say that they help the hedge witch either power their spells or cast them better ... but at a cost to the hedge witch.

#36 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:43 AM

chrull said:

Just got mail from my local store and they have recieved The Witch's Song. So there will be happy singing here in Stockholm today.

That's good news. So if everything goes right I will have my copy on monday next week.

#37 Lautrer

Lautrer

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:43 AM

dvang said:

I had no chance yesterday to look.  As I recall, from memory, there were about 8 hedge magic spells. As a teaser, though, I'll hint that hedge wizards/warlocks aren't necessarily restricted to the 8 hedge magic spells for spell choice.

Hmm, I get confused between the Hedge Magic "order" card and the career abilities, so I can only say that they help the hedge witch either power their spells or cast them better ... but at a cost to the hedge witch.

Thank You! Now I can't wait for it !

Wir singen und tanzen

auf jedem Fussballplatz.

#38 ffgfan

ffgfan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:17 AM

Just just readed  and I'm impresed. This is really a very good adventure. And the Hedge Magic rocks!

#39 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

ffgfan said:

Just just readed  and I'm impresed. This is really a very good adventure. And the Hedge Magic rocks!

Same here. Easily the best published adventure for WFRP. Looks like it could be run even without some modifications! 

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#40 Cornelius Scriptor

Cornelius Scriptor

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:39 AM

Necrozius said:

Now that this is available in stores, has anyone ordered it from Amazon?

Or Amazon.ca, for that matter? Mine's been delayed until MAY. Ouch.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Yeah, same here :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS