Photo

Why don't you join the second french League?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:55 AM

Julia said:

Wonderful! I still have to try Scenaio 1, thou; anyway, for Christmas / Yule I should have some more time to play. Just a question: I dropped the e-mail with my data at the address you had pointed out, and I asked for a confirmation. At the moment, I haven't received any sign they received my e-mail. Does a way to check whether you are enroled or not exist?

You will not receive a confirmation. When you'll send your first score, your name will appear after a week or two on their Web site. To get there, from the Horreur à Arkham forum, select Deuxième Ligue Nationale d'Horreur à Arkham then Résultats et Statistiques de la Ligue. Click on the link.

#22 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

MonsieurPoulet said:

You will not receive a confirmation. When you'll send your first score, your name will appear after a week or two on their Web site. To get there, from the Horreur à Arkham forum, select Deuxième Ligue Nationale d'Horreur à Arkham then Résultats et Statistiques de la Ligue. Click on the link.

I simply checked the "email confirmation for read" option when I sent the e-mail. I didn't expect any answer, but you, know, sending a confirmation is simply a click, it shouldn't steal time to anybody, so I was wondering whether I did everything right or not. Anyway, it doesn't matter, a couple of weeks after I submit the score, I'll check the link you kindly gave me. Thank you for your help!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#23 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

This evening I beat Scenario 1. It wasn't that difficult with Kate in party, but we had an incredibly bad luck at the end, with two chtnonians on the board moving almost every round and forcing some investigators to the hospital. Fortunately we put the sixth seal on the board before things could become worse.

Some questions on the carry-over item policy: the rules states that common, unique (and so on) items are carried over to the next scenario. But how? I mean, lets say I have an investigator with 4 unique items at the end of the game. But his starting possessions say he can have only 2 unique items. Are all 4 items carried over? Or just two? Second point (on the same issue): what about investigators ending the game with no items? Durin the very last round, I had Joe losing his (last) heart because of the Chtonian. Mandy put the sixth seal and he had no items. In case I'd choose to play again with Joe in Scenario 2, are his starting items reduced to zero? Or whatelse? In case they are reduced to zero, what if I start playing with a different party, and after an investigator is devoured, I choose to play with Joe again? Always zero items in the starting equipment?

Another (easier, I hope) question: the rules say you carry over Madnesses and Injuries. Are these cards considered to be universal components, and then used in every scenario regardless of the expansions required, or may I not use them unless the Dunwich horror box appears between the required materials for the game? Same question for personal stories.

Last question: why are we supposed to record the numerb of clues we had at the end of the game? they do not carry over from scenario to scenario, do they?

Thank you for your time :-)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#24 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

If your investigator has more item than its starting possessions, good for him. If he has less, bad luck. Even if it joins during the game. He need a complete scenario to "refresh".

For the Madness and Injury Cards, I guess it's for the purpose of further scenarii.

And the number of clues remaining, maybe it's for the purpose of un-tieing players (un-tieing, like being untied you know, the same number of points).

But, to be confirmed by Monsieur Poulet.

#25 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Hugues said:

If your investigator has more item than its starting possessions, good for him. If he has less, bad luck. Even if it joins during the game. He need a complete scenario to "refresh".

For the Madness and Injury Cards, I guess it's for the purpose of further scenarii.

And the number of clues remaining, maybe it's for the purpose of un-tieing players (un-tieing, like being untied you know, the same number of points).

But, to be confirmed by Monsieur Poulet.

Thank you for answering, Hugues!

I see the point about "refreshing" and "keeping items". Good for us. Another little thing: Monsieur Poulet said to follow Weyoun's translation of the spanish league scenarios. Does this mean we can use even the "custom" investigator made for the spanish league? A couple of them are very interesting to have in the party, especially the guy who claims monsters trophies after closing the matching dimensional symbols gate. More trophies = less nasty monsters in the bag to be drawn.

I'll wait for Monsieur Poulet confirmation then :-)

#26 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

The guy which keep monsters as trophies when closing gates isn't he Navas? Or something like that? My mistake, it's Paul G. Red. Well, both of them can be used in the first scenario. And even in further scenario I think.

Yep, i got the scenario and, in the first one, you can use the following investigators only:

Navas, Red, Vincent Lee, Joe Diamond, Mandy Thompson, Bob Jenkins, Kate Winthrop, Harvey Walters, Amanda Sharpe and Darrell Simmons.

#27 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

Hugues said:

The guy which keep monsters as trophies when closing gates isn't he Navas? Or something like that? My mistake, it's Paul G. Red. Well, both of them can be used in the first scenario. And even in further scenario I think.

Yep, i got the scenario and, in the first one, you can use the following investigators only:

Navas, Red, Vincent Lee, Joe Diamond, Mandy Thompson, Bob Jenkins, Kate Winthrop, Harvey Walters, Amanda Sharpe and Darrell Simmons.

Thank you for checking on the original french scenario Hugues!

#28 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

No problem :)

It's not like if French was my native language... Oh wait, in fact, it is :D

#29 Aeaea

Aeaea

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for your input on all the rules clarifications! I missed this thread earlier. One question I have is whether any Elder signs used to seal gates will be lost for future scenarios? I assume not, even if all investigators are later devoured.

#30 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Well, i guess items removed from the game when used will be put back in the next scenario. But if you have an elder sign when you are knocked inconscious or driven insane, the item will be removed from the game until the end of the league.

It's not an official ruling, but it seems logical from my point of view.

#31 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

Hi! Scenario 3 is out. Again, it's the same as Weyoun's translation.

#32 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

MonsieurPoulet said:

Hi! Scenario 3 is out. Again, it's the same as Weyoun's translation.

That's great :-) I'm done with the first two Scenario (even if I still have to submit scores, because of some e-mail troubles). Anyway, can't wait to beat Atlach

#33 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

I have a little problem with Scenario 3: surfing through the pages of the Edgeent forum I noticed that in all the reports related to Scenario 3 Darrell was used. But Darrell was not included in the investigators pool. Am I missing something?

#34 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for answering on the French forum, Hugues!

#35 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

You're welcome :)

I would answer here, but i hadn't see your post last time i checked. Feel free to ask other question. Even if it's in english on the french part. You could have a quicker answer.

#36 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hugues said:

You're welcome :)

I would answer here, but i hadn't see your post last time i checked. Feel free to ask other question. Even if it's in english on the french part. You could have a quicker answer.

Ok then! Thx!

#37 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

@MonsieurPoulet or Hugues:

I noticed you're talking about the question of which invetigators were allowed to be carried over from Scenario to Scenario during the French league. Unfortunately, I haven't understood what MonsieurPoulet said. Anyone can gently translate this reply in English? Sorry for my asking, but I need to know how to play. Thanks!

#38 Hugues

Hugues

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Sure.

He was suprized about what i told you, about keeping guys even if not in the pool. He wasn't agree with my review, cause you could keep the same team all along the league and have at the end, really stuffed guys.

And then, he discovered where the decision was made. And mainly by whom. It was Anarkia, the moderator from our space (i guess). So i think MisterPoulet doesn't agree that decision. But that's an official ruling from our mod. But, still, you can play as you like :)

Hope it helps :)

#39 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

Hugues said:

Sure.

He was suprized about what i told you, about keeping guys even if not in the pool. He wasn't agree with my review, cause you could keep the same team all along the league and have at the end, really stuffed guys.

And then, he discovered where the decision was made. And mainly by whom. It was Anarkia, the moderator from our space (i guess). So i think MisterPoulet doesn't agree that decision. But that's an official ruling from our mod. But, still, you can play as you like :)

Hope it helps :)

Ok! I guessed it was said something like that, but I wasn't sure about the final verdict :-) Thanks a lot for helping me even this time Hugues!

#40 MonsieurPoulet

MonsieurPoulet

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

Hugues said:

Hugues, you're right: I don't find that this ruling is a good idea. It's the moderators decision and I can live with it.

It's ok to have fun playing the game but if you remove all the rules that make the game a little harder, and the victories much more interesting, well I don't see the point. I remember playing the Tree on the Hill scenario on the Spanish League, and it took us at least six or seven games to win it. The winning thrill was so incredible and the tension before drawing the last mythos card was unbelievable. If I want to play an easy game, I can play using only the base game. The Leagues shoulb be there for a little challenge.

And I think that some teams will be able to boost character possessions from scenario to scenario. Some teams even trade items to the investigators they know they will use on the next scenario. Imagine a team of four Investigators with two Investigators receiving the items of the four Investigators at the end of scenario 1. At the beginning of the next scenario, they start with two new Investigators with all their starting possessions AND the two boosted ones. In the long run, that's a lot of possessions.

But, like Hugues says, we can play as we like, and I'll accept that ruling with all the serenity that I can.

BUT! It's random Investigators for us! Yeah, the deception to draw Vincent Lee!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS