last game was very frustrationg for me. (WE played the Basegame)
i played with a friend. He was the SP (he played it first time!!!) and he totally refused to put Dice in the HuntBox in the first turns. i told him that this wouldnt be wise since the fellowship could move to easy to destroy the on ring.
He said: i see no need to put 1 or 2 dice in the HuntBox the Chance of drawing a tile is to small. so he rolled with all dice and didnt got more then 1 in the Huntbox.
SO in the 5. Turn i declared the Fellowship in Minas Morgul with no Corrution!!!
Minas Tirith was captured by Saurons forces and already moving towards Dol Amroth. Saruman crossed the Forts of Isen after facing THREE Entattacks.
The North was quite.
Only one Hunttile was Drawn. A "3" killed Gandalf the Grey and put my 5. Actiondie in play. I had Mithril&Sting and Axe & Bow on the Table.
ALL seemd to work perfect but then.... it all ended as my worst Game until now.
After i declared the Fellowship he put ALL Dice in the HuntBox for the remaining turns.
I tell you what i done and i was completly wrong.
I tried to move as quickly as possible the Mordortrack, it ends up in a disaster. Since all Eye-Tiles where in and he managed to put another 2 SpecialTiles (me too) in the pile, i knew i would be hard but not impossible.
i was wrong: in turn 7 i had drawn the 5. Tile and Frodo got corrupted.
1. Tile : was canceled by Mithril.
2. Tile: an Eye ofcourse. Axe&Bow plus Strider leaving 5 corruption on Frodo.
3. Tile: 3 Corruption plus Stop plus revealed. Since then i knew i would fall. i sacrificed Legolas. so Frodo had now 6 Corruption.
4. Tile another Damn Eye-Tile. Gimli left Middle earth. Frodo had only 11 corruption because the SP took one AD to Play a Card.
5. Tile: 2 Corruption. Merry leaving. Frodo was lost.
So what would you have done now?????