Tabletop Rumours

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Mordith

Mordith

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

Tabletop or not, I really like the squares. I look forward to making a huge table with squares and modular terrain. Think the squares was one of the best things they did with the game. And the Dice!! priceless. No guessing, no calculating, just killing

#42 rwwingate

rwwingate

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

Col. Dash said:

I for one am looking forward to the TT rules and think they cant come soon enough. My gaming store group likely will not take it seriously as a minitures game until it is. No one is going to pay $100 bucks for a minis game without the terrain rules go with it, locally anyway except a few of us. Just like AT43 we had two players until we quit demoing with the tiles and started using TT and we picked up a bunch more interest because now the game looked cool and became cinematic. Aside from a starter set here and there to paint the awesome minis I doubt the game will pick up in my area with the regular gamers until true TT rules are released.

Same situation here.  I was into AT-43 as well and met the same resistance at the LGS with the starter set and 2D map.  I like DT as it is, but I have very limited options for board game opponents.  Like it or hate it most of the players I know are table top snobs. 

Assuming a set of alternate TT rules is released as a pdf.  They wouldn't need to change the core game.  They wouldn't need to change the way it's marketed.  All they would do is give games who like BOTH tabletop and board games a different way to play.

#43 Col. Dash

Col. Dash

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

I completely agree. As someone shared some useful ideas above on easy conversion rules.

True line of sight with the cover type  being important. You will have to differentiate buildings and trees as different obviiously, but that can be done before game and isnt anything TT gamers arent used to doing already.

Range between squad leaders.

Move and range distance is simply a matter of turning the squares into inches or cm.

I dont think there would be a problem with U range weapons, tank battles generally were not fought point blank so shooting across the table still doesnt take advantage of the tanks main weapon's range.

From a business end, this makes great sense and taps into a large market that already exists. I know at least several TT gamers who refuse to play 40k but love historical and sci-fi minis games and this is perfect for them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS