• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

I think I'll fuel the flames a little:

What about that Ivan with twin 152mm cannons? Fires once, makes stability check, if failed, falls over backwards and is eliminated from the game, LOL

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#22 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

Vontickkraut said:

I hate to be rude ................. 

yet thats the way you came acrosss ......................and still do , so drop the "friend" , its no less rude than anything else you have or had to say , which i pressume is by design .

as for me , i'm done with this "conversation " which puts it politiely .

#23 Vontickkraut

Vontickkraut

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

BigDogg said:

I think I'll fuel the flames a little:

What about that Ivan with twin 152mm cannons? Fires once, makes stability check, if failed, falls over backwards and is eliminated from the game, LOL

LMFAO!

#24 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

Ok, as the original poster I guess I'll chime in here.  Frankly I have to come down on the side of Vontickraut.  Kris you are just trying to apply way too much of your own perception of reality to a fantasy game.  It's an alternate time line game, so who says they are having trouble getting materials for bullets and bombs or fuel for vehicles?  Maybe in the alternate universe they had all that capability nailed down with huge supplies stockpiled years before the war even started.  It's not based on Earth exactly as we know it, but an alternate version, right?  This gives a lot of leeway to what is or isn't possible.  Mostly it comes down to this.  If you want it to be possible in the game, it can be.  Trying to apply your understanding of physics and how twin 88's would affect a two legged robot in an alternate universe is like speculating what the price of sugar will be in the year 2598.   Obviously in order to make a bipedal tank move around without falling over you have to have a pretty sophisticated gyroscope.  They can't even make that happen now in 2010. It's not that hard to imagine that the gyro can easily compensate for the recoil of the two cannons.

Hanomag is also correct, it's all just about having fun.  That's why it's ok to incorporate in house rules and even kit bash units to make up your own Mechs if you want to.  Again, this is the greatest advantage that a game like Dust Tactics has over video games.  You can change it and make it whatever you want to.  You aren't restricted by the limitations of the software, or in this case the core rules.  Even the game designers encourage being creative with the parameters of the game. 

PS, massive cleavage is always good.

#25 McFonz

McFonz

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:31 PM

All of the arguments are just as valid as each other here.

You could throw in more factors - reload speed, accuracy, training . . . . and the most important - game ballance.

It doesn't really matter which line you want to take on it, the model looks cool and when used effectively in games it is also pretty awesome.

The one thing that I may have missed though is that a turret should give you a 360 degree fire arc - arm mounted weapons can obviously only fire to the front or at least a more limited fire arc.

#26 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

McFonz said:

The one thing that I may have missed though is that a turret should give you a 360 degree fire arc - arm mounted weapons can obviously only fire to the front or at least a more limited fire arc.

Actually you do get a 360 arc from the German mechs because the whole turret rotates.  I know that on the actual model they don't because of the way they are posed but that is the understanding. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS