Deck Boxes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well, deck boxes have now been released. Is this what everyone had in mind? I honestly think they look kind of hokey. I can see the utility of it, but if I was going to take the game somewhere to play, I'd just take my whole collection. I suppose it would be different for PvP games. The idea to include the tokens is brilliant, but again, it just doesn't look appealing to me.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#22 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Looking at your favorite games, I understand, though if you don't sleeve your cards, maybe you could fit two LotR decks and an encounter deck?  I don't know.  How big is a sleeved card compared to an unsleeved card?  100 sleeved cards should mean quite a few more unsleeved ones, I'd hope.  I don't sleeve anything, so I like to put multiple decks in these kinds of boxes. 

I really like both the token container and the glass front.  Of course, their PvP games use giant boards (WH:I), giant statues (CoC) or both (GoT multiplayer), so I don't know how much I'll use this for any of the LCGs, but it would be great for CCGs. 

Not sure how useful it'll be for board game decks.  I'd have prefered small tuck boxes for unsleeved decks for games like Cosmic. 

Great idea.  I'll see if I can make it work somehow for something.

#23 paradiddlebob

paradiddlebob

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Awesome! Those are a great idea, I will definitely buy some. Still don't see the point of sleeving cards, though 

#24 paradiddlebob

paradiddlebob

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Sounds like a Steve Jackson product: cheap and costly.

#25 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Adam said:

Looking at your favorite games, I understand, though if you don't sleeve your cards, maybe you could fit two LotR decks and an encounter deck?  I don't know.  How big is a sleeved card compared to an unsleeved card?  100 sleeved cards should mean quite a few more unsleeved ones, I'd hope.  I don't sleeve anything, so I like to put multiple decks in these kinds of boxes.

Adam,

if I remember correctly, there was a guy over the Arkham forums who measured the difference between sleeved and unsleeved deck. Maybe the sleeved one was 30% bigger, or something like that

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#26 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Anyway, they look cool. Now I'd really love to see smaller boxes for the minicards. Games like Arkham or Twilight Imperium come with hundreds of minicards, and they're quite difficult  to store properly

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#27 koraldon

koraldon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Don't care about those deck boxes,

when is the day that FFG is going to give us normal inserts to store the cards inside the game box?

Even a small company like plaid hat games makes excellent inserts for it's (single) game - Summoner wars master set..

With the amount of games that FFG is pumping out, what is the problem of making a "Standard" insert mold that will fit 90% of the games ? (at least for the LCG's

#28 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Is the front plate opening large enough to hold a sleeved card? As it happens, I'm way more proud of my card sleeves than the decks they're being used for at the moment. :3

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#29 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

+1 for a wish that they will make some Mini-American sized boxes. Even if it means that you need to fill it with a double row of cards, it would be a cool addition to the range.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#30 Nojh

Nojh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

So someone said the deck boxes are released? Their webpage still says "coming soon". I am so desperate for these deck boxes. They are exactly what I've been scouring the net for over the last year. I've tried enlisting those with crafting skills better than mine to make something similar to no avail. I shall be buying as many as I can afford, as soon as I can get my hands on them!

#31 skolo

skolo

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

+1 for mini american boxes

#32 fealthas

fealthas

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

Anyone found a place to buy mini card deck boxes?

or some alternative way of storage?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS