Ironskin in Sea of Blood

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 TwistedCricket42

TwistedCricket42

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

I have a related question about Ironskin as described in the Final FAQ's under the heading "Sorcery Vs. Ironskin."

I think I'm reading too much into it.  After reading the following:

"Sorcery versus Ironskin
Sorcery may not add damage to any attack that includes a figure with Ironskin. It may add range to the attack, but not damage. Yes, Laurel can get around this. The damage immunity granted by Ironskin does extend to all figures affected by an attack that includes a figure with Ironskin. This refers solely to the damage caused by the Sorcery skill."

If the damage immunity given by ironskin would protect all figures in an area attack that included a figure with ironskin, then does the "all damage dealt
to figures with Ironskin by attacks that affect more than one space (such as Blast, Burn, and Breath) is reduced to zero"
protect the other figures as well by reducing the entire attack damage to 0 i.e. can the figure with ironskin stand in the middle of the party and act as a shield against dragon breath? 

Or would the other (non-ironskin) figures take full rolled damage from the area attack and only the figure with ironskin would have the attacks damage reduced to 0?

I thank you for any clarification, as do my players.

#22 Corbon

Corbon

• Members
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

TwistedCricket42 said:

I have a related question about Ironskin as described in the Final FAQ's under the heading "Sorcery Vs. Ironskin."

I think I'm reading too much into it.  After reading the following:

"Sorcery versus Ironskin
Sorcery may not add damage to any attack that includes a figure with Ironskin. It may add range to the attack, but not damage. Yes, Laurel can get around this. The damage immunity granted by Ironskin does extend to all figures affected by an attack that includes a figure with Ironskin. This refers solely to the damage caused by the Sorcery skill."

If the damage immunity given by ironskin would protect all figures in an area attack that included a figure with ironskin, then does the "all damage dealt
to figures with Ironskin by attacks that affect more than one space (such as Blast, Burn, and Breath) is reduced to zero"
protect the other figures as well by reducing the entire attack damage to 0 i.e. can the figure with ironskin stand in the middle of the party and act as a shield against dragon breath? 

Or would the other (non-ironskin) figures take full rolled damage from the area attack and only the figure with ironskin would have the attacks damage reduced to 0?

I thank you for any clarification, as do my players.

Any damage added by Sorcery to an attack that affects any figures with Ironskin is reduced to zero (immune).

It is explicitly only this (Sorcery) damage that is reduced to zero for all figures

Example:
An attack does 8 normal and 2 sorcery damage, and affects 3 figures with (i) Armour 2, (ii) Armour 3 and (iii) Armour 4 and ironskin.
(i) suffers 6 wounds (8D-2A=6) as all the sorcery damage is removed due to (iii)'s ironskin
(ii) suffers 5 wounds (8D-3A=6) as all the sorcery damage is removed due to (iii)'s ironskin
(iii) suffers 0 wounds as it is an AoE attack affecting more than one figure.

PS. This place is pretty much dead. BGG is the place to go for questions now.

#23 TwistedCricket42

TwistedCricket42

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Dead of not, thank you for the informative replies.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS