Card Art that is Spoilerific

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

My favorite is the dual trait Jon Snow. I had only watched the first season of the show, and hadn't started the books yet, so, when I read the card and saw Nights Watch. Wildling. In his trait spot, I had the o.O reaction, until I read CoK.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#22 Damavand

Damavand

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

While it really is not much of an overt spoiler, finding out that the Horn of Dragons was actually a legitimate reference to the books was awesome, especialy considering the ability itself is exactly what the Crow's Eye wants to use in the books. 

#23 asylumspadez

asylumspadez

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I would suggest reading until you reach Dance with Dragons before picking up the card game again.

#24 Marginal0

Marginal0

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

Some art does indeed contain spoilers. That was kinda irratating for me.

Even the flippin' expansion pack names contain spoilers: "The Bolton Betrayal", really? And I had to encounter the chapter pack mere days before the Red Wedding episode aired on TV. Bad luck indeed.

Now I'm reading the books, and for good measure. :P

As for cards with spoilers in the art, I remember the walk of shame by Cersei, that's captured in the art of the card. Haven't reached that point of the story, but no real 'point' to it now, huh. :)

Edited by Marginal0, 14 November 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#25 Skitty

Skitty

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

While it really is not much of an overt spoiler, finding out that the Horn of Dragons was actually a legitimate reference to the books was awesome, especialy considering the ability itself is exactly what the Crow's Eye wants to use in the books. 

I had the same reaction, my friends and I were talking about the horn when I finally read all the books. we were thinking it would be awesome if when the card knelt the charracter it was attached to dies and that player takes control of the dragon for good. Although, we do not fully understand how the horn works yet, cant wait to find out!!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS