Photo

Do we know anything about the rules/mechanics yet?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

It doesnt have a card driven combat mechanic. Causeitwsfunny is correct.

Also, thankfully, it has little relation to House on the Hill other than a group of people investigating a horror themed house.

#22 Doc Belmont

Doc Belmont

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

Hellfury said:

Also, thankfully, it has little relation to House on the Hill other than a group of people investigating a horror themed house.

LOL.

You don't care for Betrayal, I take it?

#23 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

Its a fine game for what it is, I am just thankful that MoM is not simply a rehash using many elements from Betrayal.

MoM is more involved and what you do during the entire game matters instead of just running around blindly until the haunt is revealed.

#24 Doc Belmont

Doc Belmont

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:35 AM

That's all the more reason to eagerly anticipate its release!

#25 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

Bleached Lizard said:

el Igore said:

Fingolfin80 said:

Still I can't figure out wich kind of game is this. Is it a dungeon crawler? O something more like Android? Description is quite criptic to me. I am a great fan of Arkham Horror, and I'm really interested in this game, but all I can understand at the moment is that graphics looks great. And thats not a news, FFG games are always graphically cured.

I would describe it as adventure game.

The investigators explore the mansion, search for clues, find new items, solve puzzles, fight the occasional monster and generally try to hinder the keeper at whichever evil plan he is up to.

So yes - closer to Android than Descent.

Hard to tell, I noticed threat tokens or counters for the Keeper, so I think game elements for Descent can be found in MoM.  meaning that you shouldn't linger arround too much, else the GM will draw too many threat tokens.

A blend maybe?

anyway, It looks like an awsome game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS