Hello Cultists !
Here is a new version of the Deck Builder.
This is quite a big update in terms of functionalities. That is why it jumps straight to the 1.5.0 version and here are the new and improved features:
- Added all cards of the Asylum : The Terror of the Tides.
- Added first published cards of the Asylum : The Thing From the Shore and Twilight Horror.
- Complete redesign of the sets selection and card exclusions. A new selection screen with quick-selection by blocks is now available to apply these filters.
- Added a Collection Manager embedded into the software. Using it, you can manage your collection and trade lists.
- The Deck Builder now starts directly on the last page selected during the previous session ('General Infos' or 'Deck').
- Adaptation of filters to the new cards.
- Added card list for the newly completed asylum pack (in the 'All Cards' folder).
Following are some details about the two big new features introduced into this version.
These features appear first on the main screen as you can see in this picture:
 This button activates the new sets and exclusion filters screen which replaces the previous cumbersome menus. This screen appears like this:
You can select or unselect the sets individualy with the checkboxes or, using the blue '+' and '-' buttons, by blocs, Asylum packs sets, CCG/LCG sets or the complete list, as you wish.
The modifications are directly applied to the stories and deck lists. So, if you have enough desktop place, you can leave this screen floating around and play with the software as you do with the Advanced Filters screen.
 This button brings you to the major new feature of this release: the Collection Manager. This new feature allow you to quickly and easily maintain a list of your card collection and manage your trading list. Following is a description of this screen:
- (1) The Collection.txt file is still used to contain your collection informations. This file is regenerated each time you exit the Collection Manager and, as there is no way to cancel input errors, I put here the capability to create complete backups of your collection file at need. Just click this button and input the name for the backup file...et voilà !
If you want to make the Deck Builder use a backup file, exit the Deck Builder, copy or rename the backup file as 'Collection.txt', then run the Deck Builder again.
- (2) Click this button to generate a trading list into the clipboard. The list will contain the cards you offer and the ones you want in a clear way, just with one click. Then, paste the text in any text editor or forum posting box to see the list.
- (3) The card list is automatically (and only) filtered according to the sets and exclusion filters defined in the main screen. If you need to reduce your list or find a specific card, I duplicated the most useful filters in this part. Note that the quantity filter only applies to the 'Owned' column.
- (4) This is the number of cards you own. The green/red bar is here only to find quickly which cards are in low number. The actual card quantity you can set is not limited to 4. You can set the value either by clicking the blue '+' and '-' buttons, either by typing on '0' to '9' on your keyboard. Note that the keyboard input is limited to one number, if you need 10+ cards, use the blue buttons. The keyboard can only be used to input the 'Owned' quantity.
- (5) Clicking precisely on the arrow will copy the 'Owned' quantity to the 'Target' quantity (see below).
- (6) Target quantity. This is the quantity of cards you wish to own, or keep. Based on the difference between this value and the 'Owned' value, the trade lists are easily generated. You can only use the blue buttons (or the copy button) to set this value.
- (7) Calculated quantity of cards you offer for a trade.
- (8) Calculated quantity of cards you want for a trade.
You are still able to manually edit the Collection.txt file (or generate it using the Excel example file). But keep in mind that, as it is completely rewritten when you exit the Collection Manager, all data which is not of the original and correct format will be lost.
Frankly, you should not need that anymore...
I have some ideas left to improve and, possibly, extend the capabilities of the Collection Manager, but I'll keep this for a later implementation (I have LOTS of other things to deal with, now ).
Well, that's all for now.
The Terror of the Tides pictures pack will be available later. I'll announce it as soon as it is posted.
Have good fun !