• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

CoA Reference Cards: Island of Dread - COMPLETE

Not to much to report except these new cards are ready; you can download them HERE or visit my blog (see my sig). A smaller package of reference cards for Judd's Savage Tides variant is also available HERE, though I haven't gotten this on my own F.D. Downloads page as yet.

I will upload both packages later today to the IoD page on BGG.com if your prefer to wait; they should be approved there sometime in the next week.

There is still the CoA for Midnight to do, but I'll let that one sit for now. Spare time is rare, and I've other little game projects already waiting half finished.

#42 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:04 AM

UPDATE: CoA Reference Cards: The Screaming Jungle

Judd Jensen contacted me concerning an error in the reference cards for his Screaming Jungle variant used with Runebound: Mists of Zanaga. It seems the event card front for SC was actually a card from his Cities of Adventure for the base Mists of Zanaga expansion. A corrected package has been created and uploaded to the Runebound: Mists of Zanaga page at BoardGameGeek.com. It should be authorized and appear there within the week. In the meantime, those of you who grabbed it at my blog can download it right now via the F.D Downloads page to get the corrected card graphic. Sorry about this one folks.

#43 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:26 AM

CoA Ref Cards for Island of Dread are now up on BGG.com

#44 Warbringer25

Warbringer25

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Great job JC!  Of all the work I've done on Runebound stuff, I'm probably most proud of how the CoA came out for Isle of Dread.  In my (not always so humble) opinion the CoA rules do a good job of working together some of the more disparate story and rule elements of the expansion and make it feel more like a collective whole.  I won't say it make Dread the best expansion, but I think it goes a ways to making it a shorter, more enjoyable game experience.  Your artwork on the cards is equally awesome, and my favorite to date.

Thanks again,

Judd

#45 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:10 AM

Thank you Judd, both for your compliments and all the work you've done on CoA.  It's lean, clean, and unobtrusive, and adds a little light spice to the feast in way that can appeal to a wide variety of Runebound players. I've heard from those who like the most epic games possible to those who want a fast race, and positive responses have come from both. The only thing the cards really do is speed up referencing what you've already created for them.

#46 Grove12345

Grove12345

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

simple stuff like this makes the game more fun.

Now I got to find a varient that makes this game less monotone

#47 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:49 AM

Well, thanks from me... though Judd did the real work in building the encounter system.  Have you tried any of the small box variants yet? They only change the endgame via cards, but still, some do thereby alter the way you play or at least how you approach achieving a win.  There is a limit on how much a board game can do, but I've rarely seen a High Fantasy bg that can lean a little tiny bit towards something new.

As to big boxes, the favorite around my place if Sands of Al-Kalim. The "quests" could use a bit more, but for a simple motif they offer a nice change of pace over the "find the big baddy and kill it" approach.

#48 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Cities of Adventure: Reference Cards are now available in commercially printed form via P.O.D. service. This is a not-for-profit product; you pay only what the service charges to assemble the cards, deck, and tuckbox (plus S&H, of course).

Drop by FantasticDiversions.com to learn more, as I won't retype everything here. You can also learn about other fan creations in the pipeline.

#49 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

A recent error with one card in this deck was discovered. If you ordered up the not-for-profit Cities of Adventure: Reference Cards before about March 20, 2013, please visit FantasticDiversions.com and use the "Contact" link to let J.C. know.

To check your deck for this error, look for the "Orris" and "Shellport" cards in the Island of Dread group. Report what you find and that will tell me whether or not you need this fix. For those who do, I will mail it to you for free.

DO NOT REPLY HEREIN. Use the contact method specified. I am rarely back this way unless I have news to share on fan add-ons for RB2E.

#50 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

Now also available through ArtsCow.com. See the latest two posts at FantasticDiversions.com for additional extras such as places to hunt down coupons to cut the cost even more. No, I will not try to repost all the info here… again.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS