• 1,526 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

If you guys would make a set of DH, RT & WH dice I would buy them inmeddiately

#22 RedMike

RedMike

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:21 AM

I second that!  Metallic dice for use with DH - or perhaps black dice with the red inquisition symbol for the '1' side of the die.

For inspiration, look at the Big Gun Dice that Games Workshop produced when they released Apocalypse - now they are chunky tactile dice that any self respecting gamer would love to roll!

#23 Vespers

Vespers

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

I seem to recall that GW's speciallist games made some limited edition red d10's with the Inquisitorial "=][=" on the 1 side for their Inquisitor line... but it's been a while and I would by another such set in a heartbeat.

#24 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

I would vote for Arkham dices. The Q-workshop stuff looks great, but it's like $20 for a set of polyhedral dice and only 1 or 2 d6s are in the package.

Great, now I'm starting to yearn for my old RPG days.

#25 el pollo diablo

el pollo diablo

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

Discovered the page of q-workshop a while ago too and I'am still waiting for a d6 set of arkham dice...

A few days ago I was looking again if they are selling them yet and because they didn't and I read somewhere that they sell those individually on Expos I was looking for a shop that is selling those.

And I found a german shop that is selling d6 sets of these arkham dice.

5 of the glow in the dark d6 dice as a set for 20€.

Heres a link if somebody is interested:

http://www.cadwallon.de/shop/index.php?cName=w%FCrfel-call-of-cthulhu

I think that's to expensive and I'd rather have them in bone/black color. Especially because I don't know how the glow in the dark dice look when they are not glowing and it's not dark... ^^

#26 lnealjr

lnealjr

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Hmm coming from tabletop land I am mixed on this one, I have plenty of "custom" die for my various factions in the games I play, and I find that the major manufactuers quality is very good, so a pound at a time or in specialized orders I usually find what I need.

Now, having said that, for games like BL, and TI:3 die made expressely for the game would be hard to resist, but I have to stress "hard" and not "impossible" I know FFG has this in mind and with all the high level of componets we already get in their wonderful games, I wonder if adding the expense of doing "custom" die above games that require them is something they want to add, and in the end something the majority of us would pay for. Just looking at the biz side of things.

In the end, would I replace my seached for die to replace all the replaceable die in my games from FFG should they produce something that was game specific? I of course would like to see such a product first, and secondly would have to see their impact on said game above doing what die normally do in a game. So the final answer for me is that they would most likely hit my "to buy" list, but I have to admit, I would not hold off on a new game purchase for them,or even a new expansion to something (hint hint?)

#27 Hipsu

Hipsu

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

As for Arkham, I bought this set which I like to call "Mythos Green". And 36 dice is just about enough for four players around the table

They go by the name of Chessex Phantom 12mm d6 Green w/White Dice Block (36 dice)

#28 ResidentAsylum

ResidentAsylum

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

Vespers said:

I seem to recall that GW's speciallist games made some limited edition red d10's with the Inquisitorial "=][=" on the 1 side for their Inquisitor line... but it's been a while and I would by another such set in a heartbeat.

Actually it was a set of gaming dice for their Inquisitor line... a coupleof d10's and d6's.  I grabbed a set really cheap recently for the d6's.

#29 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

I'm all for customized dice and feel any game benefits from them.  special AH dice would truly be awesome.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS