86 replies to this topic

#21 Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

Kristabelle said:

With Mountains of Madness being announced

When was this announced? - Did you mean Mansions of Madness or did I miss something?

#22 radioboyeric

radioboyeric

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

I almost would like less games to come out and more updates and previews for the 'other' games that were previewed prior to all of these releases.

I'm just upset because of non updates for Lord of the Rings LCG.

Don't get me wrong,  I like the fact of all of these games coming out. But I would just like more updates and previews please!!!

I hope they are not putting LOTR LCG on the backburner to get these other games out because of development. or other issues.

Gollum says, "Give me the g@d-damned game!"

#23 Hates_End

Hates_End

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

radioboyeric said:

I I hope they are not putting LOTR LCG on the backburner to get these other games out because of development. or other issues.

Gollum says, "Give me the g@d-damned game!"

Well the fact that they were demoing it at GenCon should mean that it's not on the backburner - I'm guessing that the hold up is something to do with either art and/or rules.

Gollum needed to add in a "precious" at the end there

#24 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

It could simply be that they're trying to make sure they have enough copies in the first batch to go around given the very high interest this game is receiving.  

#25 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:32 AM

Frog said:

3 weeks now. Looks like they "forgot" again!

Ugh. Not necessarily a good sign.

I'd hate to see this one slip into 2011. Time will tell (literally), I suppose ...

#26 Torbal

Torbal

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

This HAS to be out before Christmas, otherwise my pre-ordered Christmas present won't be under the tree this year...and it's my only present...

#27 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

Torbal said:

This HAS to be out before Christmas, otherwise my pre-ordered Christmas present won't be under the tree this year...and it's my only present...

Somebody's been naughty ?

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#28 Allavandrel

Allavandrel

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

So, this was the first month without any news...  ... let's hope the coming month brings some light into why FFG has neglected the announced update. One can only start guessing - licence problems, difficulties for the game producer, game mechanic trouble?!? 

#29 Frank6

Frank6

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

Allavandrel said:

One can only start guessing - licence problems, difficulties for the game producer, game mechanic trouble?!? 

Same with Blood Bowl: Team Manager

#30 Frog

Frog

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:31 AM

Allavandrel said:

So, this was the first month without any news...  ... let's hope the coming month brings some light into why FFG has neglected the announced update. One can only start guessing - licence problems, difficulties for the game producer, game mechanic trouble?!? 

I'm sure it is just because they are crazy busy with all the zillions of games announced.

But if it was a huge change I would love it if they decided to make it more like Dominion or Thunderstone rather than monthly packs etc.  Just full-playsets each and every release.  Large box expansions that can be combined or played alone.

Won't happen though.  They are simply busy.

#31 dj2.0

dj2.0

• Members
  • 909 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

Still nothing?

Guess we've all been naughty...

#32 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

Maybe one of the playtesting groups found a Bolt Thrower in the Shire.

#33 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

It's not so bad, Blood Bowl Team Manager last got news early August...

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#34 Hates_End

Hates_End

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:49 AM

Dam said:

It's not so bad, Blood Bowl Team Manager last got news early August...

True, however, LoTR had a serious demo group at GenCon - BB wasn't there from what I saw.  This wait is starting to worry me that something is seriously wrong with the game.

#35 Frog

Frog

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:58 AM

Six weeks and counting...

#36 radioboyeric

radioboyeric

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

What do you say FFG...just tell it like it is.

At this point, I don't need any updates on how the game is played. I just need to know that this game is

still on the horizon and not running into development, copyright, or any other reason that will disable this game to come out on the market

this Fall/Winter.

Just a "Still on board with the game...it's definitely coming along fine".

I know this is wishful thinking, but I thought I would just wish...

#37 Foligatto

Foligatto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:12 AM

This was the game I was looking forward for the end of this year!

No update, nothing at all?! What is happening, really?!

WHAT is happening?

#38 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

This weekend the game was demoed at an event in Germany. They told me the release date was moved to January. It could be that they were referring to the German version, though.

#39 Frank6

Frank6

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:24 AM

jhaelen said:

This weekend the game was demoed at an event in Germany. They told me the release date was moved to January. It could be that they were referring to the German version, though.

Aaaah, a sign of live

Where was the event ? I'm from Stuttgart.

#40 BeardFan

BeardFan

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

Frank6 said:

Where was the event ? I'm from Stuttgart.

It was at the AGoT/CoC/WHI LCG event at Burg Stahleck / Bacharach. I did take a quick look at the rules and cards I didn't actually play it, because my schedule was full with other games. I think it was the same custom-printed cards as at Gencon. So no finished product. Some guys tried it, but I didn't speak with them afterwards, so no idea how good/bad the game is.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS