Reprints?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Until now, I've been waiting patiently for Dreamlands reprints.  Well, yesterday I ended up finding 3x copies of Sleep of the Dead and In the Dread of Night on eBay for really cheap, so I guess I'm on my way to trying to collect the Dreamlands now.  Journey to Unknown Kadath and Search for the Silver Key are both still findable so I'll probably order those next time I do an online order - which is whenever the War of the Ring expansion and Netrunner data pack are out.

It's only the first two packs: Twilight Horror & In Memory of Day that seem to be pretty hard to acquire now.

Now, you do have t pay a bit more unless you get lucky, but at some point you get tired of waiting :)

#22 piszcadz

piszcadz

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

good luck dboeren… this is the path i took about two months ago too. you've discovered that the 1st 2 sets are tough to find. it can be done though! i got pretty lucky with the prices i paid. all told, 3 packs of TH cost me about 50 bucks total. but more than likely you could pay almost twice that. IMoD was getting a bit harder to find as i was doing my rounds. but now i imagine that stock is even further depleted! i had some luck with auctions on this forum, ebay and very random online dealers (like 15 pages in on google searches, etc.). i'll try to dig up the name of the place i found and you can see if they've still got 'em.

#23 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

I appreciate the help, thanks!

I MIGHT have found a source for In Memory of Day, I'm honestly not sure.  They showed it in stock.  I ordered 3 copies.  I got an email saying my order was received.  The next day I checked their site and it no longer shows as in stock.  So, did I get the last 3 copies, or did they discover it was an error in their stocking system?  I haven't gotten any indication of my package shipping yet so I'm going to give it a few more days and see how it goes…  But if it turns out to work, I'll only be paying $8 apiece and getting free shipping.

#24 piszcadz

piszcadz

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

dboeren: i got 2 of my twilight horrors from cardhaus in seattle, but they're showing OoS now. the 3rd came from bloodhelmet's huge ebay selloff. i got 2 in memory of days from ccgarmory.com. they are confused there now about whether it's in or out of stock. dunno if this helps, but i wanted to pass the info along in any case.

#25 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

OK, thanks.  I'll go check out ccgarmory.  I'm pretty certain my other In Memory of Day source has fallen through, now they're showing those items as "Cancelled" on my order and I'm having to fight them for a refund since I already paid for them.

#26 Yipe

Yipe

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

dboeren said:

OK, thanks.  I'll go check out ccgarmory.

DANGER Will Robison, DANGER!  Or Red Alert, or whatever other cheesy sci-fi warning you want to throw out there.

I wouldn't recommend ordering from ccgarmory for anything unless you are truly desperate.  While it may look like they have the product you want in stock, they most likely don't.  Their tactic is to take your money and then troll the internet for the items you ordered.  And getting a refund, or any response really, isn't easy. 

If you need further proof, go read the 5-page thread about them on BGG.  It's not pretty.

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/447957/opinions-wanted-on-ccg-armory-are-they-reliable

#27 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Well, turns out they didn't have anything useful anyway, so…  crisis averted?

On the other hand, Cardhaus does appear to have In Memory of Day so if my other order has truly fallen through (waiting for email reply now) I should be able to get it through them.

#28 piszcadz

piszcadz

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

weird. i guess i don't remember my own experience. just went back and reread the emails and it turns out i ordered 2 IMoDs from them and 4 days later they emailed to say "uh… those aren't really in stock." i asked WTF they let me order them in the first place and then asked for my money back. 4 minutes later i had a paypal refund in my account. so, no real problem for me other than i had to go find those packs elsewhere.

#29 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Yep, it's confirmed that my first source (deepdiscount.com) doesn't have any more In Memory of Day so I ordered 3x from Cardhaus.  Interesting quirk with them, if you order 3 packs the shipping is reasonable.  If you order 4 packs, the shipping jumps $6-7!  So much for nabbing some other packs in the same order!

Anyway, if this works out I'll have 3x of all the packs except Twilight Horror, which I will still at least have the Common cards for.  That one's too pricy, so I will just wait for it to be reprinted or maybe make up some proxy cards for the remaining 10 cards if it comes to that.

#30 Mnemonaut

Mnemonaut

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hi,

will there be a reprint of the Core Set - with included card clarifications and errta - anytime soon? I'm planning to dig in in the COC TCG, but I have a huge problem with misprinted cards.

Thanks!

#31 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Mnemonaut said:

will there be a reprint of the Core Set - with included card clarifications and errta - anytime soon? I'm planning to dig in in the COC TCG, but I have a huge problem with misprinted cards.

So, you have a huge problem with 'errta'?

Well, only three cards are affected by clarifications (+1 story card). Neither of them is significant enough that I'd ever noticed anything being wrong with the cards. And the one big faux pas of the core set, the mysterious faction change of Steve Clarney has been officially declared correct.

Therefore I doubt they'll waste time making changes to any of the cards before reprinting the set.

#32 .Zephyr.

.Zephyr.

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Errata is:

Serpent: "of Yoth" -> "from Yoth" (still not a realy good card)

Pulled Under: "at least 2 TT icons" -> "at least 2 T icons" (looked for about a minute to see what's changed)

Hound of Tindalos: "(counts as an Attachment support card)" added for clarity

Frozen in Time: 'real' errata, one domain -> each domain (still there are two more story sets, and while this seems like a big change beginers will not mill too much, and more advanced players will have secrets and sands story decks)

There are things much harder to intrpret on cards that are correct, i wouldn't bother with those. If core sets run out reprint will porbably have errata, but those chenges are pretty cosmetic or not that important.

I hope new format will not affect decisions on AP reprints, Dreamlands seem to be out and 3x version would be much apprecieated. First AP - spawn of the sleeper also seems quite hard to get and there are some really nice cards there, especilly to boost MU that recieved a nice big box.

#33 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

.Zephyr. said:

Dreamlands seem to be out and 3x version would be much appreciated.

I just started buying 3x copies of all the old Dreamlands packs I can find, so they'll probably announce the reprint soon.  :)

#34 Mnemonaut

Mnemonaut

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thank you guys. Just bought the Core Set. :)

#35 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Mnemonaut said:

Thank you guys. Just bought the Core Set. :)

Good decision! Welcome to the asylum

#36 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Congratulations.  Let us know if we can answer any questions for you about rules, gameplay, etc…

#37 Mnemonaut

Mnemonaut

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

I have one question, indeed: Can I mix the human factions with any other mythos faction, e.g. Miskatonic and Yog-Sothoth? Or is that forbidden?

#38 plasticXO

plasticXO

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

Of course you can. Mix any of the factions as you need. Make it 2, 3, 4 factions, as long as you preserve a certain balance for playability.

It may seem odd when you try to imagine what kind of Lovecraftian tale your deck is telling, but faction mix makes for really nice complementarity & combos. 

Single colors deck are too specialized to face every game tactics (but Cthulhu is still doing well alone), so at least bi-color is recommended.

#39 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Mnemonaut said:

I have one question, indeed: Can I mix the human factions with any other mythos faction, e.g. Miskatonic and Yog-Sothoth? Or is that forbidden?

Yes you can. The only caveat is that a player may not have Villaneous and Heroic characters in play at the same time, but you can definitely put both in your deck.

#40 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

plasticXO said:

Single colors deck are too specialized to face every game tactics (but Cthulhu is still doing well alone), so at least bi-color is recommended.

I wouldn't say that.  Single faction decks can easily be viable for 99% of play.  Would I take one to the world champ match?  Maybe not, at least I'd think carefully about it, but for regular casual play you should be fine.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS