• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Wade Watts

Wade Watts

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

Re: 1 combat round per turn

It generally works pretty well without breaking the game. Sometimes a "before combat" action can cause problems but you can usually use your critical thinking skills to fix these problems when they come up.

Our house rule also allows players to move after they finish a battle if the battle started during a previous turn. Yes, this can mean a a player can fight 2 battles in one turn.

In Runebound very few battles last more than 3 rounds anyway, and in a way dragging out the battle over several turns makes it more exciting. Especially if you racing for the win.

Edited by Wade Watts, 12 March 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#42 rochambeau

rochambeau

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

I guessing that when you say SoAK was "made available as new" you mean they happened to have a copy that a speculator never snatched up to immediately eBay?

I don't think "ordering" it will pan out - unless your store has some sort of network where they work with other game stores to locate items.  Even then most stores would simply just eBay since they can make a mint off unopened copies

I finally got the base game and most of the expansions from second hand. Sands of Al-Kalim was even made available as new from a local store seller - got that copy today (now availability is unknown again). Still missing these:

Big Box Expansions:
Runebound: Midnight (don't want that much)
Runebound: The Island of Dread [currently ordered, availability unknown]

Item & Ally Card Expansions
Runebound: Artifacts and Allies
Runebound: Walkers of the Wild

Challenge Card Expansions
Runebound: Shadows of Margath (Second Edition)
Runebound: The Dark Forest
Runebound: The Terrors of the Tomb

Adventure Variant Expansions
Runebound: Crown of the Elder Kings [currently ordered, availability unknown]
Runebound: The Scepter of Kyros

So, currently hoping mostly a reprint.

#43 batanen

batanen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

I guessing that when you say SoAK was "made available as new" you mean they happened to have a copy that a speculator never snatched up to immediately eBay?

It might actually have become available due to Spring cleaning of the shop. According to news section, Fantasiapelit did an inventory check early March which lead some hard-to-get stuff becoming available. It seems to have been the only copy. The shop still has one copy of Frozen Wastes, though.

#44 Wiedadde

Wiedadde

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:22 AM

I demand a reprint as well.

The prices on Ebay are crazy!

Still need a lot of small card expansions. Mostly character decks.

I must have all the expansions of my favourite game.

Take my money FFG :)

#45 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

Hey all! Please back this game up in this thread!

Lots of like-minded folks there are working on a petition to send to FFG demanding a reprint or a 3rd edition!

http://community.fan...itive-thinking/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS